Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@BruceHillRacing - I replied to this thread as several posts had been reported to us for their content. I found after reviewing these reports that this thread is more suited to being handled by our community representatives, so I moved it here to the General Discussion section from the Player Support section, which is where myself and my fellow support agents are handling support-based queries. The community team handle contacts in this one. I hope this clarifies things for you!

@Asgardian02 - We answer as many people as possible in our respective sections as quickly as possible; please rest assured that your query will be seen, and even if not responded to immediately, taken into account. Thank you.

Official Response
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

and yet you never responded to any of the threats suggestions or otherwise that i have opened over the course of the past 2 months.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@asgardian02 - Having looked through your created threads via your profile, I don't see any created within the Player Support section, which is the section I work on - if you have created a thread that you believe needs attention from a support agent such as myself, you're welcome to send me a link. 🙂 I've definitely seen your name in a few threads I've replied to before however, so I do think we've bumped into one another in the threads created by others.

Official Response
  • Max18400
    400 posts

@ubi-woofer can you please provide an update on one handed swords please?

• BruceHillRacing
    37 posts

@ubi-woofer

Sorry for the insulting remarks.
    I hope it highlights the shear frustration many of us have, we paid a great deal of money for a game and season pass that is frankly still full of bugs, as many get added as removed with every update. River Raids was released 3 days ago and literally everyone has completed it with 6-8 hours of play. No 1 handed swords, No repeatable content, sluggish gameplay. What gives, what's the plan...
    Why do we get no feedback or responses to any questions.?
    Why is this game so much worse at its core than Odyssey ?
    Why is the Helix Store being prioritised over gameplay, this a season pass game, not an MMO, why is there even a store?
    Is the store used to generate more money, if so why is that not going into development ?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-woofer

yes, i never posted anything within the support section.

Initiated feedback in the general section a lot though, yet no one from ubisoft ever responds or show they care and feel to enlighten us that they work on stuff.

All in i am pretty dissapointed by this product, especially with how much fun i had in Odyssey. The last RR updates was the last straw really and ruined all faith/trust i have in Ubisoft.
    Its just a real shame tbh

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@yazx_ You won't get any bashing from me, the last 2 AC games Ubi put out, Odyssey and Valhalla, are the best I've played, sinking over 600 total hours into them. I played on Xbox One X, and except for the occassional graphic/audio glitch, I had no issues. I feel bad for those that did, but I'm also glad I'm not one of them, which I typically am.

I played CP2077 at launch, a really hot mess, as most of you are aware. But once CDPR updated with patch 1.11 it played almost perfectly and turned out to be a fine game.

I can't wait for the Valhalla DLC's and the next AC game to come out. The lesson learned from the recent AAA game launches should be to NEVER EVER buy a pre-order. Why can't we all wait to actually see how games are played on YT/Twitch, etc., and incentivize companies to launch too early. I wish there was some kind of official legislation to outlaw video game pre-orders, loot boxes, and simulated gambling. Just my opinion, but the ESRB and the other countries variants, are a joke.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

watching youtube and twich is risky as well, cos many of those guys are just shill and refuse to say anything bad about games..

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@netspook I finished Valhalla and I'm probably 8-10 hours into Fenyx Rising. I loved Valhalla and am also loving Fenyx Rising, but these types of games are what I really enjoy. I tried RR and got through maybe a total of an hour and just couldn't do anymore. It's really pointless. I got my $60 worth out of the campaign. I'm wracking my brain to figure out what people want from an AC game. I mean if they're experiencing game breaking bugs/glitches, etc., I can understand. My playthrough was clean, and like I mentioned in another comment, I'm glad for that as it's usually not the case.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 True, but my point was to actually "watch" the gameplay, not focus on the content creator. It's probably how I end up deciding whether to buy most of the games I get. You are correct about some of them being paid by the game dev's but the gameplay doesn't lie.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

i made that mistake with Wolcen, various YT played wolcen and praised the game. I then bought it cos it looked fun, however it was a total fiasco and still is one year later 😞
    They guys got a sample from Wolcen that as it turned out later was an improved version of the actual game.

so yeah you cant trust those guys.

your better off waiting a few months and read comments and stuff from ppl on forums and other outlets.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@brucehillracing What system are you playing on @BruceHillRacing? Besides no 1 handed swords or repeatable content, and sluggish gameplay, what else is an issue with you with Valhalla? Didn't Ubi say no 1 handed swords were part of the original release? Did you complete the main campaign, and if so, were you happy with that content? I'd be interested in knowing the type of bugs you've experienced as well. The only ones I've noticed are graphic/audio related and only a few of those through my 300 plus hours.

I have noticed my game crashes to the dashboard ever since I loaded the RR update and I'll report that in the technical section.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Agree, I guess we can combine all those media and then decide on our own before rewarding game companies before they release their product. I think we've all seen how most of the last year's AAA titles have launched and it leaves a lot to be desired. It needs to stop.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

yes, with anthem for example i was glad i could play a demo, it was then i released it needed to steer clear from that.

lately triple A games show us the most amazing gameplay footage, which results into massive pre-order but then on release they have just cut out most of those awesome stuff.

just look at these silly raodmaps for ac games ( single player games of all things) they have just cut out a lot of base contant from the main game only to feed it during a 2year time frame back tro you through a season pass and so called free content.

• BruceHillRacing
    37 posts

@forcefrank

PC.
    Endless bugs with the quests that prevented progress, still bugs now with treasure scrolls and the fish so impossible to 100% the game. On playthrough the story was ok, aside from quest bugs I actually enjoyed it, combat is sluggish compared to Odyssey, combat mechanics are not as good an the AI is terrible. Have 200 hours with everything complete and was looking forward to some repeatable content. River raids was supposed to bring it but Its non existent, repeatable content to me has a purpose and point to it, repeatable content to me is not doing the same thing over and over for no reason. Still get random crashes from time to time, with no real rhyme or reason to them.

Its just not as good at its core as Odyssey was, and to me that should be a continuation, lessons were learned over the duration of Odyssey yet more and worse mistakes have been made here.
    No 1 handed swords
    Gear system is bad
    Ai is terrible
    World feels dead and empty once everything is complete.
    Raids and chests could respawn for repeatable content.
    No end game battles or bosses to fight. No bounties or danger.
    Skill tree is awful, no customisation from one player to the next, everyone has the same skill tree.
    Jomsviking are just pointless
    No reason to travel back to Norway or Vinland
    Fishing (A basic mechanic) still doesn't work, why do we even have it, make fish available in the shop ?
    The boat is rubbish compared to Odyssey, River combat is dreadful.
    Brace feature on boat is pointless.
    River Raids are completed in 6-10 hours. No need to go back.

I could honestly go on and on and on.

This is basics for a 2021 Game IMO.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Netspook You can create awesome games without sacrificing content and gouging people in the helix store, far more attention and consideration were paid to the helix store than any armor or item in the game, not to mention the game is simply bad period! RDR2, a phenomenal game where the entire game was centered on giving the player the best experience ever The witcher 3 amazing game also centered around giving players a gaming experience that set the standard for RPGs which Ubisoft has taken most of their ideas from ,both without mtx. and there are many more where the gaming experience was first and foremost . Ubisoft...punch out games, more mtx, more money! No offense dude but that's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, "they're a business not a charity" when it's quite clear I was referring to their price gouging in their helix store.But either way Better companies do better business because they put the gaming experience and players first which is why GOTY is always out of reach for Ubisoft!

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @Netspook You can create awesome games without sacrificing content and gouging people in the helix store, far more attention and consideration were paid to the helix store than any armor or item in the game, not to mention the game is simply bad period! RDR2, a phenomenal game where the entire game was centered on giving the player the best experience ever The witcher 3 amazing game also centered around giving players a gaming experience that set the standard for RPGs which Ubisoft has taken most of their ideas from ,both without mtx. and there are many more where the gaming experience was first and foremost . Ubisoft...punch out games, more mtx, more money! No offense dude but that's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, "they're a business not a charity" when it's quite clear I was referring to their price gouging in their helix store.But either way Better companies do better business because they put the gaming experience and players first which is why GOTY is always out of reach for Ubisoft!

It may be "the most ridiulous thing you've ever heard", but it's a stock based company, and stock holders expect returns for their investments. AND Ubi made 637 million dollars on ingame shops last fiscal year. Whine as much as you will about prices, but players are gladly spending on it, regardless if we like it or not. I wouldn't dream of spending $10-20 for some armour set or whatever, but it's OBVIOUS from sales numbers that a HUGE amount of people do.

And STOP bringing Witcher 3 into everything on these forums. Sure, it's a great game, but it's getting old, and CD Project Red isn't trustworthy any longer, it's NOT the same company as it was. CP2077 has all the proof you need for that. Besides, TW3 stole plenty from other games too, it was far from the first RPG, and didn't set any standard at all, because (imo) there has not come as much as a single game of that standard since.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Oh god dude you just don't get it...lol but whatever, I'll bring the W 3 into whatever conversation I wish, and it did set a standard for what a great rpg should be, if you didn't like it that's cool not everyone likes the same things

• Netspook
    261 posts

@duskdragon56496
    Didn't like what? TW3? If so, I actually said it is a great game.

My point was that TW3 is almost 6 years old, and many of you keeps bringing it up, comparing Valhalla with it. The game companies (and most certainly CDPR) has changed, as have games. Also, it's two completely different game series, which imo can't be compared at all.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Yeah six years old, and it's still better than anything Ubisoft has made lately, As I've said before, for all Ubisoft has copied from it, it just can't capture it's soul!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics