Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

Ok so this is new to me, today the game has crashed/frozen requiring me to perform a hard shutdown. Reload and start again but within an hour it crashes/freezes again. 5 times so far

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@dangermouse555 ok so now I know anytime you change a setting and requires to reload, that is when it crashes. Every single time you press ok for the 2nd time and that is it, the game crashes and the screen freezes requiring a hard reboot. 6 times so far today

• Bikerdude512
    2 posts

I am getting multiple game crashes a day. I can tell when it is getting ready to crash because the sound either goes away completely or is garbled. The other condition I have seen is that the screen starts getting jerky. I try and save the game each time this happens. If you are in the middle of a story and are in a battle you cannot save the game so it crashes and you have to replay some of the story.

I believe that this may be a bug where the PS5 is running out of memory. I do play 5 hours or more before putting my PS5 in sleep mode.

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@bikerdude512 I wouldn't imagine it is that. I have been signed off work for 2 years due to medical issues. In that time my ps4 has had some serious game time. Last year I got a message of Sony to say I had done nearly 7000 hours in 12 months (and that was just the ps4, had plenty of xbox time too) so I know the consoles can take prolonged use over a long period of time. I dont get any of what you have described, for me it works OK (with the usual bugs and glitches I mean) one minute then literally just freezes with zero change before it freezes. This has happened since the end of the yuletide rubbish so not sure if ubisoft messed up a little when removing that. Either way, sort it out ubisoft, jeez haha

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@dangermouse555 Hello there. Sorry to hear you're running into these issues. I'd like to know if things persist as badly after having completed the troubleshooting steps found here? You've definitely had some serious game time, so these steps may help clear some performance issues!

Official Response
  • dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@ubiwan thank you for your response, these troubleshoot suggestions are usually what I would try first. Even to the point of uninstalling the game and data (although I have not done that yet as I do not want to lose my first play through) and it usually takes quite a bit of time to download the data again. At the moment when you change a setting in the options that needs the game to reload, for example changing the difficulty level, after the second time of pressing x to confirm, that is when it crashes/freezes. I have to restart the ps4, restart the game and the difficulty level has changed. This happens every time without fail

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@ubiwan started this morning, decided to see of it would crash but so far looks to be working again. I can changed the settings and resume play with no crashing/freezing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics