Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Sgtrthe
    1 posts

@maildotcoi I'm confused, too. I inquire of Japanese support team about this problem, but this week their reply tells me the default settings and how to change them. Though, AC Vallhalla doesn't have the modifying option about the select and the cancel buttons.
    I guess Japanese support team does NOT grasp and report developing team this issue accurately yet, although players found and reported this problem at PS5 version's raunch.

• maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts

Hey @Ubi-Ginge , could you take a look this issue? Please give me your thoughts.

• maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • QUSAB1
    4 posts

@Ubi-Woofer , @UbiPositive , @UbiQuB3 , @Ubi-Ginge
    Hi. I think the Japanese customer support don’t have some playable PlayStation5 environment so they don’t understand this issue and ignore easily, however it's a serious problem for Japanese Valhalla players.  I want you to investigate the issue. Only you are the last hope.

• maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue with the inverted functions of the X and O buttons in the Japanese version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5. I sincerely apologise that we did not reply to this thread sooner.

Would it be possible for any of you to provide a video showing the inputs being made, and the inverted controls on-screen, such as from a mobile phone? This would help us to demonstrate the issue to the developers, and ensure that it is fully understood when investigation takes place.

In the meantime, one workaround I can recommend that may work for you all is to remap the buttons locally on the PS5 while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Within the console's accessibility settings, you should find the option "Custom Button Assignments", and there can swap the inputs of the X and O buttons temporarily while you play. Afterward, you can revert the settings as not to interfere with any of your other PS5 games.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

@maildotcoi, please also refrain from bumping threads, as per the warning I have issued to you. While I fully appreciate the desire to have your issue addressed, we are working through all posted threads as quickly as we can, and bumping is explicitly against our forum rules. I have deleted all posts which were for the explicit purpose of bumping the thread as such. Thank you for your understanding.

Official Response
  • maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-woofer I am really appreciated to receive UBI supporters! 🙌
    I'm sorry for bumping this thread for several times, but I'm so happy finally getting reply from you.

I've uploaded two videos to describe what's going on PS5 JP edition.
    Those video shows what is critically happened within AC Valhalla especially in map screen.

Above videos are parts of problem, actually.
    As I reported in this thread, it's getting worse especially when we push PS button and getting back to the console menu.
    Within AC Valhalla, X button work as CANCEL and O button work as SELECT.
    However, after getting back to the console menu, X button work as SELECT and O button work as CANCEL.
    It's super confusable, so please take a look them and fix... 🙇

At the time of reporting, O button and X button swapping is not supported PS5 console, but it's officially supported now.
    It can be workaround. It's good news for Japanese players.

• maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-woofer In the above Youtube videos, please see carefully about "X button is assigned as Back". It's mis-assigning. Japanese users faces this problem during all playthrough.

About key swapping feature offered by PS5 console, I knew that feature from first PS5 launch, but it's super difficult to manage them.
    Because we need to press opposite button between displaying one and controller. That also difficult to recognize which button to press... it can't be a solution.

• maildotcoi
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-woofer do you have any progress of this issue?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics