Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I usually like fishing in video games, but I agree with you about how it is in Valhalla. It's impossible to find a lot of fish at the time, one we caught one, the others are gone.

• DreadGrrl
    163 posts

I can’t stand it. It will be the one thing that I won’t 100%. 2% will be more like it. Not doing it will affect my ability to complete all of the altars, but I don’t care. Fishing sucks.

The funny thing is, I’m an angler IRL. I fly fish (I also tie flies), spin fish, and icefish (as do my husband and sons). Maybe that’s why I can’t stand the fishing in Valhalla: it’s a poor imitation of the real thing.

I applaud them for trying, though.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

The rewards for fishing are pretty poor to begin with, throw in bug issues, which they failed to fix yet again, lost fish and lost interest,and you have an event the game would probably be better off without.Fishing could be good, but Ubisoft has to show an interest in fixing it first and after 3 patches I'm guessing they simply aren't

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

Also whenyou throw out your line u scare other fish away, usually you can only catch about 3-4 fish at one spot and then have to move again.

I am catching buillheads mostly wherever i go and small fish which you dont need...

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

for real, can't yell you how fed up I am with catching bullhead and perch, perch and bullhead even when there are other fish to catch!
    Sorry about misspelling ...oh well coffees brewing, life will be better in a few minutes!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

I only drink my black coffee with breakfast, after that only thee 🐷

During my playthrough i always tried to do some fishing when i saw some spots but kept only getting bullheads and small stuff i couldnt use.
    even though i fished and my different places.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Same here. With regard to the fishing that is. I drink coffee all day (in all shapes and sizes), but I like one cup of tea somewhere in the morning. 😉

• Quor321
    232 posts

I would prefer fishing to go back to the way it was. Spear fishing in the shallows. That was the only way I found it enjoyable. It can still be done but far less effective, and arrow fishing works faster then the rope.

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

Not me. I'm not a fan of the side mini-game content. I prefer combat and exciting stuff.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@dreadgrrl You get it. I'm a fisher too, mainly kayak and ice, go 2x a week or more year round. This is the worst fishing experience I've ever played in a game. Sega Genesis / Mega Drive had better fishing games in the 90's.

The fishing in this game feels like it was added with cooperation of game controller, mouse and keyboard manufacturers to mash those buttons until new hardware is needed. The only saving grace are the fish models that Eivor holds as they look quite decent compared to the real thing.

• stejan97
    4 posts

I think it's kinda enjoyable unless you're looking for a specific fish like the 10 small bullhead for an offering alter. That took me a while to complete because if I caught one and tried to cast out in the same general area I couldn't catch any, so I would have to go somewhere else to catch another (and hopefully actually get a bullhead and not a perch).
    Now I just randomly fish and see what I get and sometimes the results are fun:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/photomode/photo/149d0de2-43b6-45bb-b916-d5a35b7f8943

• Asgardian02

@plan3tcrackr

yeah, i have smash the space button like 50 times each in order to catch a fish not a smooth system

• usafirefly7
    16 posts

@asgardian02 It's similar to Red Dead Redemption 2 and fishing really stunk! Why? The continual breaking of the line. Why waste our time like that?

• Asgardian02

@usafirefly7 yeah and even though i am a completionist, after t he cairns and some other stuff i have really had my fill of pointless missions and stuff with so little reward, Fishing is super time consuming and i j ust dont see the point of it unless they really change it

• Maledicus
    14 posts

Fishing as side-activity is ok to me. What bothers me is the fishing-mechanics - pressing a button thousand times why? Let me just hold A on the Xbox controller to pull the fish .. my right thumb will thank you.

Best regards.

• Asgardian02

@maledicus

hahaha, i know what you mean.

Well as soon as i got the fishing gear and occasionally did some fishing in between missions and that quite alright.
    Then once all quests and other stuff was finished i gave a better look at what the fishing shop actually requested and noticed that i had caught mostly various small fish and bullheads (even though i fished a different places).
    So those werent really needed to complete anything.

Then i started to make a word spreadsheet of what i needed and where to find them. But soon discovered that i still mainly caught bullheads and o ther small fish you dont need and also just how much time it was costing me.
    Time which i didnt enjoy spending on fishing and which in turn didnt give any cool rewards either, so yeah i called i t quits then.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

The fishing is okay - I didn't run into the problems you mention. I had one fish get stuck, but the game told me to stop "pulling", so I caught it anyway. Nevertheless, I have no desire to use it to any extent or to actually make use of the fishing hut in the settlement. Now those anomalies on the other hand are absolutely terrible, followed by the drinking contest, the flying tattoos and then the cairns. I like the game in general, but I can't recall an AC where I willingly skipped so much content.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

hmm i actually liked the animus anomolies

spoiler

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Nah I'm good. I did the first 6 or 7, but after that they are just too freaking annoying. What I dislike most about them is that you miss out on story if you don't complete them - at least the other stuff has no meaningful consequence if you skip it.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang
    mwah its not really a big story part, ou could say the same with the cairn as they reflect on eivors childhood.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics