Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

The fishing is okay - I didn't run into the problems you mention. I had one fish get stuck, but the game told me to stop "pulling", so I caught it anyway. Nevertheless, I have no desire to use it to any extent or to actually make use of the fishing hut in the settlement. Now those anomalies on the other hand are absolutely terrible, followed by the drinking contest, the flying tattoos and then the cairns. I like the game in general, but I can't recall an AC where I willingly skipped so much content.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@kreutzgang

hmm i actually liked the animus anomolies

spoiler

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Nah I'm good. I did the first 6 or 7, but after that they are just too freaking annoying. What I dislike most about them is that you miss out on story if you don't complete them - at least the other stuff has no meaningful consequence if you skip it.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang
    mwah its not really a big story part, ou could say the same with the cairn as they reflect on eivors childhood.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 yeah, but you get those scenes w/o having to complete them, and after you've done a certain amount it stops altogether. IDK what I missed from not doing the anomalies, as I didn't finish them, but I read they provide more lore. *shrug*

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

its basically the same sort of short cutscene you get after you have completed the asgard arc however instead of asgard setting it sin isu setting

• lon_wolf917
    5 posts

The fishing in this game is so incredibly broken... Can't reel fish in because ethe get stuck under the boat or stuck in the water, they disappear constantly , even while on the line. I'm baffled at how well the fishing 8s down in FC5 and how terrible it is on here. It needs fixed very, very badly.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@asgardian02 seriously fishing in animal crossing is more addictive then this... dont know why fishing here is so boring... animal crossing is not even a massive great innovation for gaming, but yet they still managed to make the most simpliest of the things like fishing very addictive.. dont know how ubisoft failed at that with valhalla

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Fishing was better in Black Flag.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't added that endless quest chore chain in the fishing hut which surely makes everyone lose their minds. Trying to find fish on the coast is the most boring thing ever. If you are lucky enough to actually find any at all, they completely disappear after you've caught like 2 and there aren't any more for ages, not even in places littered with fishing boats to - I assume - hint there are fish.

I also hate the hunting. Why do wolves in games always act like they are rabid? Not every single wolf on planet earth was rabid back in the day. Why do we have to slaughter untold numbers of non-aggressive animals that are minding their own business, or 30 black bears which literally went extinct after the first time we killed two. Why have we

spoiler

yet are supposed to slaughter every single other one we encounter? I hate killing animals full stop even in games and avoid it as much as possible, so I'm likely not a good reflection of the general public, but I still grumpily do it if I have to, yet these systems are just mega inane.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

Fishing would be much better with a rod instead of trowing a 10 pound bait (fit for a great white) and a inch thick cable!
    The mechanics for a proper way to fish and catch are invented long ago, i bet ubisoft must have the resources to buy it or even make a better!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics