Quick Suggestions

• jdstubbs
    Original poster 1 posts

PC SPECS:
    gpu - rtx 2080ti
    cpu - i9 9900k
    psu - nzxt e850
    16 gb of ram

Only while playing AC:Valhalla my computer will randomly reboot. Audio will get stuck and a few seconds later my PC restarts. I expected it to be a hardware issue on my side at first but my PSU is running just fine, the rebooting issue only happens while playing Valhalla.
    Sometimes it happens after 5 minutes, other times it'll be after a couple of hours. Never had this issue when I played on earlier versions of the game right after launch, but i took a break and started playing again on version 1.1.1 and am now experiencing this for the first time.
    If there is any more info i can provide to help out please let me know, thanks for your time and help.

edit: I have also rolled back my gpu drivers to the previous version and no luck.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

Check your wiring connectors on the PC, including everything connected to the gpu on mobo. Make SURE gpu has all power connections needed. GPU's have been getting heavy for awhile now, so make SURE it's not sagging if side mounted. I got into the habit of fabricating a small wooden prop rod cut from a dowel rod to keep gpu straight. Given how hot they get anymore + drooping, it can put a bunch of stress on the pci express connector. I've personally run into issues with loose connections like what the power switch header connects to. Also, if using old wiring, psu issues, etc.. Who knows. Try and rule out hardware first.

Chances are something might be loose. Would help to know if windows is logging anything or not. If it's a gpu driver or similar, it should have a log of it crashing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics