Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jayoubreee
    Original poster 1 posts

As the title says i bought The gothic set and once i got Into the game it was superior and not mythical and the weapon and shield don’t even HAVE the special perk i went To support what they said didn’t help at all it was as if they didn’t even read what I told them what does fixing my gear have to do with my gameplay display and picture quality ??? I AT LEAST want my helix points back so i can Spend them on materials or coins.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AR10101989
    9 posts

@jayoubreee same happened to me. There’s no support whatsoever. This isn’t the first armor i get. And they always been mythical. I hope they fix that 😔

• lminute120
    5 posts

Me too. Im on xbox x and first response was how to change settings on my PS to fix the issue. They did say it would help if I included screenshots. The thing is that mine cannot be upgraded, the option at the blacksmith is just not there but is for all other gear.
    The next response was to change my video and audio settings. If that didn't work, then to clear my cache by hard shutdown, unplug power for 2 full minutes and then turn back on and see if it fixed it. If it did not, then they want me to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.
    I replied to that asking if that would mess up my save games at all and have not got a reply yet.
    I dont want to take it that far if I do not have to, so ill wait to see if anyone else comes up with anything.

• AR10101989
    9 posts

@lminute120 thank you for your reply, but how did they contact you? I emailed then with the issue and included a screenshot but got no response 🤦🏻♀️ so I don’t really know what to do.

• lminute120
    5 posts

@ar10101989 I went to support site and emailed them which created a ticket

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US

• AR10101989
    9 posts

@lminute120 yea so i tried what they told you. And it did not fix a thing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The armour set is still not mythical. And i already submitted a ticket but no response.

• lminute120
    5 posts

The first 2 replies were fairly quick, within a couple hours. Their last reply was on the 17th just before 4 pm EST. I replied back 24 hours later asking if my game saves will be ok and have heard nothing since, but my case status is still "in progress."

I did everything but uninstall/reinstall since I did not hear back and would be fairly irked if my saves were lost. If I get a reply, I will post it here. Here is the copy of what they sent, minus support rep name.

Hello lminute120, Thank you very much for the pictures. This will help us look into the issue further.

Please try these steps to see if the issue resolves, as I have sent the wrong ones in the previous email: Your best option is to start by resetting the console display and audio settings.

If that does not work, try lowering your display output resolution. If you continue to experience issues, try clearing your Series X's cached data then perform a reinstall of the game.

First, you will need to clear the console's hard drive cache. To clear the cache on this device, you will need to power cycle the system. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
    1. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for about 5 seconds until the light behind it turns off. This will power off the console.
    2. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 2 full minutes.
    3. Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button.
    4. Launch the game, and see if the issue has been resolved.
    Next, let's uninstall the game by doing the following: 5. On the Series X Dashboard, go to My Games & Apps.
    6. Highlight the game, and press the Options button on your controller.
    7. Select Uninstall Game + Add-ons, or "Uninstall All". Note: All DLC items can be re-downloaded. Once that's done, you can proceed to reinstall the game. If you own a physical copy of the game, disconnect your console from the internet while the disc content is installing. Once it's finished, you can reconnect to the internet, and allow the remaining DLC and updates to download.
    Please avoid launching the game until after all content and updates have finished installing to your Series X. If the issue persists, test your game disc on a second console. If you have a digital copy of the game, download that copy to your account on the second console instead. In some cases, you could have a bad game disc. Please try testing your game on a second console to determine if you have the same results. If you have the same issue on a second console, please try exchanging your game disc at the retailer for a new copy. Additionally, try testing your save on a second console as well to make sure that your save files are all working correctly. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues after this.

Best, Ubi-Xxxxxx
    Ubisoft Support Representative

• lminute120
    5 posts

I finally got a reply at 1:30 am from a different rep saying it never hurts to backup my saves, but uninstall/reinstall should not affect them.

To which I got a little bit Karen and replied:

I did back them up before you replied, then last night I uninstalled and reinstalled my game but the issue is the same, cannot upgrade Gothic armor or weapon/shield past superior. I bought a digital copy of the game so it is not a game disk issue, and I do not have a second console to test it on. But if this is an issue with DLC purchase, how would that be caused by my original game installation? I have also checked on the forums and other people have the same issue as well and on different platforms. I do IT and am familiar with passing it back to the customer to "reboot it 3 times 2 hours apart and then reply to let me know if it fixed the issue" so support buys more time to try and figure out what the real issue is. So please do not ask me to do anything else if you honestly know it will not do anything other than waste my time. This is not a game breaking issue for me, but I would like to get it fixed or refunded if it cannot be.

Thank You,
    lminute120

• Kormac67
    733 posts

@lminute120 Have you bought it while you were in Vinland? There is a known issue regarding that.

• AR10101989
    9 posts

@kormac67 i actually did, yes. But i cannot find this issue mentioned anywhere else but in the few people that have this issue.

• AR10101989
    9 posts

@lminute120 exactly. There is a simple fix of literally just refund the helix credit for those who encountered the issue. Thing is i bought the gothic bundle, so it was for a good sum of helix credit to afford it. And i am sat looking at the one armor that I actually want to use but can’t. I won’t lie, it has put me off the game a bit. That and that other issues of characters speaking with their mouths shut.

• Kormac67
    733 posts
  • AR10101989
    9 posts

@kormac67 yea I’ve seen that. But i got to wait for a “future update” before i could use it. That sucks. Would rather get my helix credit and make sure to buy it elsewhere.

• lminute120
    5 posts

@kormac67 I honestly do not know if I was there when I redeemed it or not. I did not care for that area so blew through it as quick as possible.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics