Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• leirbagjustice
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi,

I am unable to figure out what is causing this issue. I start playing normally and everything is ok. Suddenly bam computer restarts. I played through the whole Cyberpunk 2077 game flawlessly with the same exact setup and Control as well I doubt its a hardware issue. So I did some research before posting here. These are the following things I tried with no avail.

• Temperature is definitely not the issue I have the CPU running on an 280 AIO. GPU has a 140 intake case fan directly on it.
    • First the usual stuff such as Run the game as admin, disable full screen optimization. Same issue occurred.
    • I started lowering the graphic settings one by one to check. Same issue occurred.
    • I read somewhere that there was an issue with save game access and cloud access so I synced my PC's time then deleted all save games and created a new Manual one. Plus I gave the everyone permission on the save game folder in the Ubisoft folder. Same issue occurred.
    • Next I restarted the PC in safe mode ran DDU cleaned all the GPU drivers ran CCleaner cleaned registry. Re-installed latest stable GPU drivers. Same issue occurred.
    • Next I verified games files. Same issue occurred.
    • I completely uninstalled the game and re-installed it from scratch again nothing same issue occurred.
    • I then taught what if it is a hardware issue. First thing that comes to mind was PSU. So I downloaded OCCT software which stresses the hell out of the pc causing both GPU and CPU to go 99% drawing power from the PSU no restart nothing the 12v rail was minimum 11.95v maximum 12.07v which to me sounds about right.

For the life of me I cannot get this game to run without restart. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Below are the specs :

Ryzen 3700x (not overclocked)
    Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro Ac
    Gigabyte Aorus 280 Liquid cooler.
    PowerColor Red Devil 5700xt
    32gb (8gb x 4) Ram Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz
    Samsung 980 Pro 500gb (installed on the PCIe4 slot and game installed on it)
    Adata XPG 1tb Spectrix S40G PCIe3
    Corsair CX650M PSU

Thanks in advance guys.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    737 posts

I think Windows 10 often starts directly on crash instead of showing a bluescreen.
    But you should see the error message in the event log.

• leirbagjustice
    Original poster 8 posts

@kormac67 Nothing worrying in the event log no errors. I just found some warnings regarding the logitech GHub software. I disabled the restart on recovery from Advandced System Settings in windows. Aw well its not giving me any blue screens.

• Kormac67
    737 posts

@leirbagjustice Only idea why it could just restart without event log entry is a PSU failure.
    You PSU might work well on high load from your benchmark but still fail on rapid power load jumps.

• leirbagjustice
    Original poster 8 posts

@kormac67 Ok. I ordered a Seasonic Focus GX750 80+ Gold. I should get it by Wednesday and see how it goes. I still can't understand why only on Valhalla though not on any other game I played. Like CP2077 and Control. I had some sittings which were 5hrs to 6hrs.

• leirbagjustice
    Original poster 8 posts

@Kormac67 Yep installed new PSU played around one and a half hour no restarts everything set to high. I cannot understand how it was actually the PSU I mean it was only happening on Valhalla. I played through all CP2077 and Control with no issues whatsoever. Seems that this game is good PSU test tool lol

• Shezoremet
    1 posts

This happens to me with adaptive quality set to on. Turn it off no more PC restarts. It's a badly designed game.

• longjohn119
    723 posts
    Hi,

I am unable to figure out what is causing this issue. I start playing normally and everything is ok. Suddenly bam computer restarts. I played through the whole Cyberpunk 2077 game flawlessly with the same exact setup and Control as well I doubt its a hardware issue. So I did some research before posting here. These are the following things I tried with no avail.

• Temperature is definitely not the issue I have the CPU running on an 280 AIO. GPU has a 140 intake case fan directly on it.
    • First the usual stuff such as Run the game as admin, disable full screen optimization. Same issue occurred.
    • I started lowering the graphic settings one by one to check. Same issue occurred.
    • I read somewhere that there was an issue with save game access and cloud access so I synced my PC's time then deleted all save games and created a new Manual one. Plus I gave the everyone permission on the save game folder in the Ubisoft folder. Same issue occurred.
    • Next I restarted the PC in safe mode ran DDU cleaned all the GPU drivers ran CCleaner cleaned registry. Re-installed latest stable GPU drivers. Same issue occurred.
    • Next I verified games files. Same issue occurred.
    • I completely uninstalled the game and re-installed it from scratch again nothing same issue occurred.
    • I then taught what if it is a hardware issue. First thing that comes to mind was PSU. So I downloaded OCCT software which stresses the hell out of the pc causing both GPU and CPU to go 99% drawing power from the PSU no restart nothing the 12v rail was minimum 11.95v maximum 12.07v which to me sounds about right.

For the life of me I cannot get this game to run without restart. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Below are the specs :

Ryzen 3700x (not overclocked)
    Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro Ac
    Gigabyte Aorus 280 Liquid cooler.
    PowerColor Red Devil 5700xt
    32gb (8gb x 4) Ram Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz
    Samsung 980 Pro 500gb (installed on the PCIe4 slot and game installed on it)
    Adata XPG 1tb Spectrix S40G PCIe3
    Corsair CX650M PSU

Thanks in advance guys.

Make sure you are running 2 cables to your RX 5700 even on your new unit ..... Basically modern PS's have have to supply so much amps at 12 volts that they split the 12V into two rails and by using 2 separate cables ( rather than a single cable with jumpers to give it more than 8 connectors at the graphics cards) it puts part of the load on one rail and part on the other .... one of the rails is also going to have the 12V CPU connector on it and anything else that needs 12V and that is the rail they put the OCP (Over Current Protection) on so if you have that rail doing most of the work you are liable to trip the OCP even though you haven't exceeded the total amp rating ..... It's a big part of the reason that Nvidia is trying to move everyone over to a 12 pin connector that has to hook to 2 8 pin ports on the power supply because too many manufacturers are using the jumper cheat and only a single 8 pin port on the supply which puts everything on one rail instead of two

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics