Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• macstar302
    Original poster 1 posts

Wow i cant believe after all the money ive spent (i purchased the gold box disc version) all the money on helix points to buy exclusive gear and weapons that yous nerfed the older sets so people buy the newer sets. That was just a super greedy move and ill think twice before i spend anymore money on Ubisoft stuff knowing thats how yous roll. Such a shame that theres no honesty left in this world

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@macstar302

why would you buy gear in the 1st place when you can find gear in the game?

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@macstar302 Nerfed how?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@evilhippo
    you could watch the video i linked...

Just goes to show that you shouldnt purchase items from the helix store.

Its just mind boggling that they nerf things in a single player game, instead of fixing all the broken stuff and adding quality of life stuff instead.

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@asgardian02 I value my time too highly to watch a video to answer a simple question.

• EffectiveElf3
    2 posts

@asgardian02 is there any luck finding out if they fixed the big flat fish and mackerel bug? I was just considering buying helix credits to get new gear until I seen this thanks for the heads up

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@effectiveelf3

please dont buy helix credits!

At this point it would send a good message if ppl stop spending helix points.
    If there would be s erious decline in sales from the helix store maybe they will go back to the drawing board.

So the ingame armours have only diamond rune but the helix armors have a diamond rune in every slot, thats just pay to win.
    Also you cant just buy exactly what you want, instead your forced to buy more helix points then you actually need incase you'd want to buy something.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gloomseeker

I got a gearpack when it was on discount, but it felt really bad to me in odyssey.
    Seeing as how a gearpack was like 1/4 of the price of the entire game, i felt obligated to wear the entire time cos otherwise it was a waste of money right?

Thats not a good feeling.

This year i didnt get the upon release but waited and bought it with a discount instead.

• EffectiveElf3
    2 posts

@gloomseeker @Asgardian02 it is a complete [censored] up of we die-hard fans of an amazing franchise deserve I've been a fan since the first game in 07 and never seen anything like this before

I've completed everything there is to do in the game from completely all areas to getting all achievements hell even all the small meaningless chests and am I'm now considering starting a new game just because of a bug regarding 2 fish they wont fix

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@asgardian02 Because some of the best gear is in the store. I have found the only set worth running is the Thegn set but there are many in the store. Thegn set is only good if you parry alot which I don't.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

To answer every one question they didn't nerf the set because the set wasn't meant to have diamond runes on every piece. They fixed the problem they made.

I do agree they over price the item packs. I have gotten to the point I am strongly considering no longer supporting Ubisoft.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

People complain about this all the time, but as long as people buy, they will keep doing it. The game is fine without Helix gear, even if they did make it obviously annoying at the beginning in order to tempt people to buy from the Helix store, but if you stick with it, it gets so easy later on there's no need for better items. Now if they really designed the game so it was an unholy pain to play throughout or horrendously grindy and boring without buying extra stuff, that would be a complete outrage. Lots of it looks nice and is tempting etc, but the only way to stop companies pulling such BS is to exercise restraint. Personally I hate MMO's partly because of such tactics, but the social pressure to purchase them isn't there in single player games, so it's easier for the consumer to express dissent by not engaging.

The one really transparent thing they did here was scrap health regen between battles and then add health regen to Helix items. However, once you've gone through the annoyance of upgrading rations, it's actually easier to keep your health up than it was in Odyssey, especially once you get Kopis (assuming you don't lose it due to that one bug, lol).

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@leoraptor1979

the only reason gear in the helix store is better cos they have a diamond rune slot in all 5 armor pieces, where as ingame you get only a diamond rune slot in the chest.
    Still stats wise the mentor set is the best. I am not going to buy armor in helix set, because it just robbing yourself of gameplay.
    Not only does the armor look ridiculously but also i didnt buy a game to then also have to buy armor.

Also i play on drengr setting and it feels as easy, why should i even have to buy a gearset to make the game even more easier.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

i think your confused with free to play games.
    WOW doesnt sell armour packs, they only sell pets and mounts and such of which there are plenty in the world to be found as well.

path f excile a free to play dungeon crwaler sells on cosmetic stuff.

@LeoRaptor1979

This is not correct. Older pieces used to have diamond rune slot in every piece and not its only the chest. Where as the newer armour gears have a diamond rune in all slots.

Personally i wouldnt buy it anyway. but its pretty greedy

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Plenty of MMO's have a constant flow of gear that costs money as well as gambling crap. While I haven't played any in years, I highly doubt they all switched to cosmetics only.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    there arent many to begin with, still if the ones you mean are f2p its a different matter as Valhall is afull priced game

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I know it's different. Dragging that crap into single player games is ridiculous.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

exactly, thats what i am trying to say 🙂

When i played heroes of the storm, which was free to play i did pay for some skins on occasion.
    Played lots and lots at some point so by spending some money it felt like giving some back.

But with Valhalla i already paid 40 and paying for actuall armour doesnt give any satisfaction as to find armor is why i play a game in the 1st place.

Suggested Topics