Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

So in order to unlock mastery points your are forced to fill in all 400 nodes of the skill tree.

I for for dont care about bow play, yet there are so many skills and nodes that concern bowplay that i had to fill in.
    Dont care about bombs either or traps or a lot of other stuff.

What i am saying is, if i could just leave all those nodes out i could dumped that into mastery instead.

With the current skilltree there isnt even a diversity of builds as anyone at some points has the same skill tree minus mastery then.

Would be much cooler if there for exmaple only 200 points to be placed into the skilltree, that way at least there would be divesity and you actually had to make choices.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

This is a good idea, it would at least allow the player some real control on what style of play they choose, so many useless skills would then be out of play and it may even give the game a better range of difficulty.

• Daednumai
    8 posts

I like this idea.

For me I dislike the skill that lets you plant bombs on corpses, it's weak and on controller it's a pain, as when you try to use Odin's sight you just end up trying to booby trap a near by corpse.

Would be nice also to have a tally of passive attribute increases on the skills page as keeping a track of what you have is impossible.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

@Daednumai that's definitely quite the pain, not to mention being in combat and having the camera click on sporadically, it's as irritating as those constant unneccesary finishers every other elite!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

yesterday is disabled that camera shake feature, but it didnt help one bit.
    For some strange reason the camera is ebing help by someone with very unstable hands and its swiping and shaking all o ver the place.
    Goed from upside down form left to right for no reason. I constantly have to adjust it and turn around in order to see stuff, where i otherwise could just focus on the combat now ubisoft gave me a second job: being a cameraman 😞

• thegardener25
    143 posts

@daednumai Go to your Skills menu, Hover the cursor over the 'Explosive Corpse' node, then hold down the square button to reset the skill, that should disable it for you. In fact if you don't want any of the raven skills, you're free to reset all of them.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@thegardener25 I don't think you can invest in mastery points unless you have already got every single one of the normal skill points and allocated them.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

thats the entire problem.

You only unlock mastery points once all 400 points are spend.
    And as soon as you rmove a bunch of skill nodes you dont want, you no longer get to spent mastery points.

This is a really lame system.

They should have made it so you could spent any skills u dont want into mastery of have a cap on skill points say 200 or something to actually force you to make choices.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I agree. I was responding to the person who posted before me.

I always pretty much ignore warrior skill branches for instance, as I prefer to at least try to be an assassin. In Valhalla, I ended up with the entire warrior skill tree making my character ridiculously powerful in melee at the end, with no need to be sneaky or use bows at all anymore. Ofc the games are designed to force you into 1-1 combat with bosses (I think there were all of 2 one could use assassin skills on, unless play dead works, which I didn't try), so I guess one could see that coming.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

for me i dont liek using a bow, traps and stuff, dont need to be an assassin either.
    So all the headshot nodes, bow nodes, bow skills and quite a lot of assassins nodes are useless and in fact i never use them.

being forced to fill all those in is a terrible skill tree design for me

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I don't like traps either and only use them by accident. While we prefer different playstyles, we agree people shouldn't be forced to max spec every single tree irrespective of preference.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

it also totally defeats the purpose of how they set up the skill tree and calling it a life path when in fact you have no choice at all.

Its annoying to see an E to set a trap when E also means loot.

Btw auto loot isnt working at all.

Take a look at the skill tree of wolcen:

That game aint perfect by a long shot, but their skill tree is a thing of beauty.
    Each ring van be rotate to connect the dots. There is no way way to fill them all out either.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Even the Odyssey skill tree is better though. You can jack of all trades in it, concentrate on one thing only, or do mostly one thing with the odd bit of the other. It also has the different damage types you can concentrate on via your equipment, which is kind of like the raven, bear, wolf thing in Valhalla, but everyone ends up with it all maxed anyway.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

by the looks of it they wanted to have abigger skill tree and instead of just stealing one from another game they ended up making ne of their own and failing hard at it.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 lol. It would be okay if they let us spec as we wanted. I can't say I dislike being OP, just wading through all enemies with my spear and not having to give a second thought to whether the gear I want to equip is of the type I've invested points in, but it's also kind of boring and makes every character identical.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

thast moistly a matter of balance.

I mean i play on derngr for a reason, the reason for that is not having no challenge whatsever in game.
    It wasnt hard past lvl50

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

the only solution now is to not spend many of your points in order to bring some fun and challenge to the when playing on drengr.

This problem would be solved if there was a cap as to how much you could spend in the skill tree.

for exmaple there are many nodes to enhance certain weapon types. In a well design skill tree you would only be able to spend skill sin the nodes of the weapons you actually use.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

@asgardian02 Whats the mastery point cap now btw?
    it used to be 3x30 before 1.1.0/1.1.1 no? remember reading they raised it though cant verify as I'm only at 221 power ^^

• Asgardian02

@torfinr dont know, i am at 489 but stopped playing a few days ago.

there is nothing to do, and i cant be bothered to the same stuff over and over

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

If they do not detach the exploding skill from Odin vision i absolutely will not be using the "mastery" skills. I liked the ability until I seen how badly it interfered with Odin Vision now I hate this. Absolutely unacceptable. This is one point that stays out of my skills.

Suggested Topics