Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

So i visit the forums daily and i like to interact, but i have noticed that the ppl keep posting the same stuff over and over.

I figured it might be better if someone from Ubisoft made this thread a sticky one, and then ppl can just reply here over an dover and thus keep the discussion going.
    Would be nice to not hate on each other as everyone has a different point of view anyways. There are plenty of ideas that i don't need but wouldn't harm me either, same goes for someone else,
    that might think i dont need a super hard mode, but why hate on that cos i still get to play on easy, if you catch my drift.

So here is my list:

• A better reward system, which in short means better loot from enemies that are suiting. Bring back the random gear drops from odyssey. getting flowers from enemies feels totally weird.
    • Armory racks in the longhouse to display gear you not wearing
    • give us 1handed swords
    • A toggle to remove the slowmo finisher moves, seeing the same one ones over and over gets boring super fast and it slows the combat flow down so much.
    • Give the bird the abilities it had in Odyssey
    • bring back the transmog system
    • Let us remove points from the skill tree and spend them into mastery system instead. There are so many skills i dont need for my playstyle and it clutters my screen to see an 'E' to a place a trap, or an 'F' to carry a body away etc
    • make auto loot actual auto loot. Now i still have to run around sometimes to find the guy that dropped tungstun for example
    • Make the hardest mode in the game actually hard. Ppl (myself included) that select this setting want an actual challenge.
    • Can there be a toggle to have more enemies in the world?
    • Let us further customize our settlement, with colors for the houses or small stuff.
    • Let us upgrade the fishing line just as other weapons to make that part of the game more time efficient
    • let us bring back gear from Vinland
    • More shield oriented abilities would be nice. The shield is iconic for that period, yet in the game it slows you down a lot and has no benefits whatsoever in its current status.
    • add more replayable content. make it so that you increase difficulty and then be rewarded for that as you complete that. As a reference dungeons
    • More armor slots would be nice to be able to make special and cooler builds: boots, pants, belt, chest, gloves, wrist, shoulder, head, armband, necklace. This also ties in nice with transmog system
    • add more tats and let us tatoo legs
    • more hair and beard styles
    • Currently only a few shops serve a purpose in the settlement, whats the point of the rest, can you come up with something to let us interact with the rest as well?
    • dont punish us for killing civilians, we are vikings and should be able to be either gentle and nice, or be brutal if we like.
    • decrease fall damage, climbing down from high fast travel points over an dover again takes up unnecessary game time.
    • Bring back the merc system, let the zealots keep the order or something, it was a great system in Odyssey
    • let us customize our mount, i mean give us an upgradable saddlebags that we can work on, to get more inventory or something. Then us change the looks of the mount and such, that would be cool with different slots even
    • enable horseback fighting again.
    • More high lvl areas

Thats most of my list and what i have seen other share.

Let us discuss in a civil manner and share and add your suggestions and feedback.

Thnx.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    • add newgame+

unfortunately i cant edit a post after 10minute period has passed, otherwise i could add all suggestion to front page and thus keep it easier for discussion.

• Asgardian02
    • hamtunscire is the only high lvl area and yet there is nothing to in fact. No big military base, no nothing. Can you drop a dungeon there or a big fort for us to raid
    • also bring back a sort of arena like in Odyssey were we could fight multiple waves and after every 3rounds increase the difficulty and reward but let us decide wether we want to continue.
    • also to wear a cloak should be an choice, i dont want to wear a cloak even in a distrust area, dont force me too
    • even with screenshake disabled the camera jumps all over over the place, why is that? Why cant the camera just stay at one point and highlight you from the back at all times?

• Asgardian02
    • also can we have back the nice confirmation kill sound we had in Odyssey? Currently its just wasting time and doesnt feel as good as it did in Odyssey
  • Gergid
    27 posts

Great topic @Asgardian02

Frequent thoughts during gameplay:

• Exploration shouldn't feel like a chore. Even if the region is well built and interesting the "door barred from the other side" mechanic is breaking the flow of the gameplay. It's just a cheap, unnecessary time sink which makes the game worse. Interesting and fun puzzles are the Standing Stones. Compare.
    • Quick Swap. Bows have different purposes in Valhalla - an option for Quick Swap would make the combat more fluid. Opening your inventory every time just breaks the flow of the combat.
    • Stories and songs shouldn't be interrupted while sailing through a Raid location.

• Asgardian02

@gergid

sounds good. Dont use bows much, but as a ranged player i can imagine how annoying that would be.

• Also chests seem to internally upgrade lootwise while you lvl up which is great. At max lvl you get around 130x leather and iron ore. Would highly appreciated if loot dropped from enemies would have this same interanl upgrading system. Currently loot you get from enemies is the same as when i was low lvl, only difference is that you get on a rare occasion i might an greater rune.
  • Asgardian02

Some more things that came to mind:

• Make it so that runes get stacked, this way your inventory wont be as cluttered as it currently is.
    • Make icons in the inventory smaller and removed text next to runes, we can see that text when we hoover over it with our mouse or controller, no? The inventory as is, is way to chaotic and endless scrolling makes it very tedious to look stuff up.

• bubu39RR
    14 posts

@asgardian02 i posted some of mine suggestion also...and think that maybe you let me add them over here for a summary...if someone think of those as interesting...thx...
    "As some suggestions for future development and for which I gladly pay even on helix store (is a 18+ game):

1. New skin/textures without "cover ups" (destroy the ensemble of the tattooed body).
    2. New hair styles with hair rings and dyes etc
    3. More heraldry if possible
    4. More tattoos.
    5. Oriental fabrics and garments (we have Yanlin but no silk, velvet, head covers, henna, make-up etc bring from the Silk road and Rus and Caliphate)
    6. Night lingerie for bed time...

In game would be nice to be introduced:

1. Baths and saunas (regeneration of the health etc...)
    2. Brothels...(not just Rollo case...spoiler)
    3. More developed romance arc stories...with more related cut-scenes for love-life of the character or even actions (I emphasize the fact that is an 18+ so a dark screen is really weird: we have part of dismember of bodies, impalement, decapitation, lot of blood and gore (normal for the period) but not a "healthy naked body" (except brothel phase and daughters of Lerion...spoiler) of men and women of the Dark Ages.
    4. More development of the basic needs (sleep, eat, private - I catch at least four or five garrison soldier pee-ing from the walls on my head...:)...was much more fun to assassinate a person busy with his personal affair so less concentrated...we have to remember that Uesugi Kenshin was killed in his private room with a spear through his private parts)...cold or heat/sweat (i observed Eivor trembles when is naked in the snow...so good point here), washing of the clothes and garments (washing part at the creek in Ravensthorpe is a good part of immersion)....more things related to sacrifices to the gods and religious life of the characters (developed to a point).
    5. In my opinion would increase a lot the immersion and the connectivity with the life of the characters..."

• Asgardian02

@bubu39rr

Thnx for posting your stuff here, what do you mean with heraldry?

• Wouldnt it be nice if eivor would crawl underneath its blanket when he went to sleep? I never really use that option, but it would add to the rpg element i think?
    • Brothels could be fun yes, similar to witcher 🐷
    • another thing i'd like to see is being able to place bets when doing dice games.
  • bubu39RR
    14 posts

@asgardian02 heraldry = insignia, designs with ravens on clothes/fibulas, rings, hair rings, bracelets to mark the belonging to a clan...and to collect them from the enemy and display them as trophies
    yes...the blanket/fur idea is good...also i feel that the more development of the relationships would mark an increase...a love scene in the morning, a bath togeter, eating, sleeping...simple things to increase the feeling of alive and immersion...
    plus possibility of building fortifications...like chopping woods, carrying them, make planks or spikes, digging holes for the stakes..etc...slaughtering of a pig for a feast..stuff like those..

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@bubu39rr You can just hide the gear in the inventory if you want to see the tats.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

could you restrict yourself to staying positive and not putting ideas from others down?
    Instead maybe add some of your own suggestions 😉

Also running around the entire came with just your pants showing as i have is pretty boring.
    The armor doesnt look great perse and with more diversity there is something for everyone, especially once they add back the transmog sytem.

• DuskDragon56496
    374 posts

@Asgardian02 I'd put down some suggestions but it looks like you covered everything...lol...j\k, it's a great topic!!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

thanks, if anything comes to mind, make sure to share! 🙂

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I was just pointing it out in case they - or anyone else reading this - hadn't noticed since I didn't notice myself until I saw someone had done it in a video. I certainly wasn't trying to "put their idea down" or be negative. Also, I don't have anything to add to your list as you covered everything.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

ah okeej, i misunderstood then.
    I know some look to be super realistic and i dont mind that, but certain more fantasy kind of vikingstyle armor wouldnt be bad either with showing some skin is what someone else meant i guess.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 right. I was annoyed while playing that my tats were always hidden, so I was pretty happy when I realised I could just hide the armour, but having both would also be nice.

• bubu39RR
    14 posts

@kreutzgang i have 18+ i do not want to hide the tattoos...that was the idea...tattoos were for public display not for hiding under armor. A highly tattooed warrior was meant to frighten you as hell...it meant that it was a powerful fighter who not to be disturbed easily. And even a berseker was to fight naked only with a shield and sword or a dane axe. Shieldmaiden even they were (it is said but not convincilly) little in number were pretty same warriors. We know from many cultures that women tattooed themselves with the same purpose as men did (thracian and celt, germanic women). So if is possible to have a naked warrior woman or man why not?

• Asgardian02

@bubu39rr maybe share some picture with armor you have in mind?

• bubu39RR
    14 posts

@asgardian02 unfortunatelly i can not upload the image...but here is the link to my favorite character...Samothrake 4 at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics