Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 60 posts

This game mechanic supposedly lets you one hit kill high level guards. Would be extremely useful in stealth if I just get it to work properly. Unfortunately it seems to be working randomly. I have tried it 5 times so far and it worked only once. It doesn't help that the game doesn't really explain it to you in any way. I'm so frustrated that I will soon enable guaranteed assassination if I can't get this thing to work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@crazybone992
    just press F and assisnate someone, nothing to it.
    The skill just gives your assisnate damage more power so to say.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@crazybone992 I have guaranteed assassination turned on. No fuss. No muss.

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@dreadgrrl For me that would *really* take the fun out of the game as it is essentially an 'I win' button. But as games are to be enjoyed not endured, fair enough if you prefer not to.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@evilhippo It works the way assassinations worked in earlier games now (guaranteed). The return to having assassinations actually be fatal is a breath of fresh air.

• Crazybone992
    Original poster 60 posts

@DreadGrrl
    I know. I have played through all the old AC games and liked their assassination mechanics way more. So I'm definitely tempted to turn guaranteed on. I'm just hesitant because the game keeps telling me it was "not intended to be played this way"

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@crazybone992 I have Guaranteed Assassination turned off, but with the Advanced Assassination-skill I can one-kill all enemies, provided I time it right (and I hardly ever miss, maybe once or twice in my entire playthrough). This is the best of both worlds, I think. Just tricky enough not to get lazy, but easy enough to make stealth a viable option also with higher-level guards.

I play with a controller (on PC), so maybe it's different with a keyboard.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@crazybone992 If I want to play a timing/button mashing game, I’ll play a drinking game. Lol.

The challenge in a successful assassination, IMO, should be setting it up. To have an assassination fail after perfectly setting it up is total BS to me.

I was hesitant to use it at first too, and for the same reason as you. But, it’s the one thing from the olde4 games that I really missed. It seemed silly (to me) for me to pass up the opportunity to use something I’d been missing.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@evilhippo

same, i have assisnination on hardest difficulty

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics