Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NeOVoltron
    124 posts

I too have this problem!undefined

• Kormac67
    803 posts

@neovoltron The pond north east of Anlaf's Lookout waypoint in Eurvicshire is as good a spot as ever.
    I can't spot them with Odin's Sight (even if I see them swimming) but fishing works fine.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Never much bothered with it. Can't fish using a keyboard anyways. You can equip the fishing line using the 'N' key but when trying to cast the line your weapon will appear instead. Have to use a Game Pad for fishing to work or at least I have to.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@neovoltron

exactly this every time, so i stopped fishing in fact i stopped playing for now

• Kormac67
    803 posts

@chuckkatse Reset key bindings to default. Changing them is a bad idea in Valhalla in general.

• Mannimx
    9 posts

It's like they copied the fishing mechanic from RDR2, which also sucks in exactly the same way.
    I did the minimum there the story required and never fished again.

• Asgardian02

@kormac67

someone from the support staff said i shouldnt mess with keybinding, which i havent done.

All i always do when playing keyboard and mouse is that i make macro to use on my mouse.

btw did anyone notice that these forums as buggy as hell. I cant edit my post after 10minutes, cant add picture in a decent way.

• Netspook
    302 posts
    btw did anyone notice that these forums as buggy as hell. I cant edit my post after 10minutes, cant add picture in a decent way.

You can't edit a post after around 5 mins, and it's not a bug. Been so on these new forums from the start.

• Asgardian02

@netspook

its still annoying, most other forums that i know and use dont have that time limit

• raw10Tothecorps
    9 posts

@kreutzgang I go under water and then just swing wildly at the fish. If you go to Wincestre and farm those rivers in the city, then you can get a lot of burbot fishing. Double spears is helpful.

• SniperDoc2506
    1 posts

I am unable to fish. I have already setup the fisherman hut. When I try to fish, Eivor attacks instead. I've tried taking weapons out of his hands, but he still has his hidden blade. WTH is going on? I'm at the point where I have to fish with Colbert to move on in the storyline. Please help!!

• Asgardian02

@sniperdoc2506

i have the same, ubisoft support claims its due to keybinding, i tried explaining that i didnt changed keybindings but it helps not...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

The fastest way to fish for me is using a predator bow. You can hit odin's vision while aiming it. Super fast, no faffing around with the dumb rod 😄

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

retrieving the fish might be troublesome no? after all there is no autoloot for ranged

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 you have to swim after them once you shot them, seems you can only do 1-2 at once, as the corpses either despawn or are too hard to find, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Still much faster than the rod.

• miseriaconcordi
    2 posts

Fish from a paddle boat, engage, row to where you want, un-engage and stand on the bow of boat, fish anywhere. Use Odin's sight to locate schools of fish and cast away from the school, they will come to you one at a time. You can target your fish when you learn the shapes and sizes. I fish like this in real life, if you throw your lure right into them they will flee. A fisherman definitely helped here. Not bad.

• Netspook
    302 posts
    @asgardian02 you have to swim after them once you shot them, seems you can only do 1-2 at once, as the corpses either despawn or are too hard to find, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Still much faster than the rod.

Yeah, seems like that to me too, no point in shooting more than 2 at a time.

And I agree, shoot the fish, don't bother with the rod, at least as long as that's an option.

• miseriaconcordi
    2 posts

@asgardian02 Fish from a paddle boat, engage, row to where you want, un-engage and stand on the bow of boat, fish anywhere. Use Odin's sight to locate schools of fish and cast away from the school, they will come to you one at a time. You can target your fish when you learn the shapes and sizes. I fish like this in real life, if you throw your lure right into them they will flee. A fisherman definitely helped here. Not bad. I'm not from UBI, but I believe this was their intent? It didn't take long to get the fish once I looked at it from this perspective. Hope this helps.

• Asgardian02

@miseriaconcordi

i understand all that. How prior to the patch fishing from the paddleboat and in general worked a lot better.

Have you finished all the fisherhut quests then?

• KILLINGfields1
    16 posts

I would like to know where their hidding the bream, cod, and small sturgeon. Definitely not where the fish maps say they are. On top of the issues stated how in the hell are we supposed to catch anything SMH

Suggested Topics