Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 8 posts

After update 1.1.1 I found a new bug where NPCs in cutscenes lip sync will turn off and on. Sometimes NPC will move their mouths as they are talking, but all of a sudden a character's mouth will shut as they are talking. A second later when the cutscene turns away and then back again the character's mouth starts moving again. This seems to happen throughout the story now and it does seem to affect Evior at the moment. Just other characters that you talk to in the story or mysteries quest you find in the world.

Platform: Xbox Series X

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue should be resolved following the deployment of TU 1.1.2 today, as shared by Dom on Twitter (thanks for sharing that @Yesin069)!

Thank you all for your patience as the team investigated this further. There should be no more telepathic conversations taking place 🔮 If you do encounter any issues with the lip sync following this update, then please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 8 posts

After update 1.1.1 I found a new bug where NPCs in cutscenes lip sync will turn off and on. Sometimes NPC will move their mouths as they are talking, but all of a sudden a character's mouth will shut as they are talking. A second later when the cutscene turns away and then back again the character's mouth starts moving again. This seems to happen throughout the story now and it does seem to affect Evior at the moment. Just other characters that you talk to in the story or mysteries quest you find in the world.  

• WrightWayUp
    18 posts

@gladi8ordude Same issue but on PS5 v1.1.1 lip syncing is intermittent sometimes in the same cutscene. Only started since last patch.

• Oleik87
    6 posts

@gladi8ordude gladi8ordude I'm having they same (playing on Xbox series x). It affects Evior too and not just when a cutscene but every time characters talk, even during random interactions the lip sync starts going on and off. This had never happened before, it all started after installing the new patch 1.1.1.
    Apparently this problem runs across all platforms? People playing on pc, ps4 pro ans ps5 have all reported the same

• Janire1911
    6 posts

Yep, the same is happening to me too on PS4 Pro, started happening after the latest patch 1.1.1.

• R1-Fast
    5 posts

@UbiQuB3 @Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Karl or any other staff, please get this bug logged / fixed. It is absolutely ruining immersion.

Characters mouths intermittently do not move both in cutscenes and regular engine dialogue. It's jarringly bad.

• TRITONK-175
    25 posts

Had this on and off since the latest update on Xbox ONE.

• the_real_dna
    16 posts

TLDR: Lip sync turns on and off at random - No mouth/lip movement at all (this occurs on ~50% of dialogue)
    Over the past several days I have noticed that many of the NPCs with dialogue, i.e. during cutscenes, do not move their lips/mouth at all when they are talking. The words are coming out just fine, but their face appears as though they are not talking at all. This seems to happen on roughly 50% of the NPC dialogue, give or take. It's VERY frequent. Sometimes it works fine, the NPC is talking, lips moving, etc.. then the camera cuts away for a few seconds before going back to the talking NPC, and then the lip sync is working again. So, even within the same dialogue sequence, it can work for part of it and then not work for other parts. Obviously I dont have to explain why this is a bad problem (immersion, to say the least). I cant definitively prove this is because of the update, but I do know that the problem started right around the time of the update. And I don't believe in coincidence.

(several other users have already reported this in another bug report thread, but I did not see a dedicated thread for this issue)

Link to other posts about this issue, HERE

• Oleik87
    6 posts
    @gladi8ordude gladi8ordude I'm having they same (playing on Xbox series x). It affects Evior too and not just when a cutscene but every time characters talk, even during random interactions the lip sync starts going on and off. This had never happened before, it all started after installing the new patch 1.1.1.
    Apparently this problem runs across all platforms? People playing on pc, ps4 pro ans ps5 have all reported the same

I meant to write "not just when a custscene is playing" LOL the last bit disappeared along the way. How is it possible to have a forum where you can edit your posts only within 10 mins of creating it??😑

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 8 posts

@the_real_dna Here is my original post in here-

After update 1.1.1 I found a new bug where NPCs in cutscenes lip sync will turn off and on. Sometimes NPC will move their mouths as they are talking, but all of a sudden a character's mouth will shut as they are talking. A second later when the cutscene turns away and then back again the character's mouth starts moving again. This seems to happen throughout the story now and it does seem to affect Evior at the moment. As well as other characters that you talk to in the story or mysteries quest you find in the world.

• Aph0ticShield
    2 posts

Same issue. Did anyone test this update?

• Viem
    54 posts

@gladi8ordude
    Same issue, it appears to be random, however i did go through the whole Vinland arc without any lip sync.

• the_real_dna
    16 posts

@gladi8ordude thanks, hopefully we can get some corroboration of this bug, and any response from a Ubi support member would be great

• StabithaVMF
    4 posts

I've had the same thing (PC) ever since the 1.1.1 update. Pre-update it happened maybe once or twice in a full game playthrough, now it's roughly a third to half of the time that there's no mouth movement. Other animations happen, like eyes and hands, just not talking.

• SmithyJL
    1 posts

Happening on PS5 as well, ever since the newest update

• dennis.tsir
    7 posts

Since the last update , in some citscenes , the characters even eivor , don't move their lips when they speak

• rctx81
    7 posts

@gladi8ordude having the same issue on PS4 Slim since the last patch as well.

• Pretolius
    1 posts

I have the same problem. This happens in first gen ps4 too

• ZeCarlos19
    25 posts

Me too. I also made a video to speed things up before they come in here asking for us doing stupid things and wasting time.

It is visible from 0:03 to 0:12. And yes mods that read this i verified the game files, my drivers are up to date and tried multiple things in-game. So dont waste time and comunicate this to the devs.

• benzy4792
    30 posts

Experiencing this on XB series S as well

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics