Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994

lol all rage... no explanation then or arguments.
    Good luck

No there is no rage only laughter.
    Ditto. 😉

I simply have no time to explain why tW3 was such a bad game maybe someday i will explain.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

just looked into odyssey again. How fluid combat there is and how much better armor looks.
    https://ibb.co/SJHSHt3

made a screenshot, really have no clue what happend the past few years and why armor looks so bad in valhalla
    especially the shoulders are so very bulky, its like he wears an american football suits underneath

• usafirefly7
    16 posts

@sblantipodi On PC and combat is worse than Origins and Odyssey. Odyssey was like fantastic. What happened? Why the steps backward? Did they let the better people 'go' and keep others who 'aren't that good?" Yeah, it's definitely a good game but a step backward in battle mechanics. Because of this I won't bother finishing the game or the parts that I have to battle Elites. Not worth it.

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

@patricia81994

Witcher 3 is easily one of the best video games ever made; and certainly in the 2010-2020 era. Witcher 3 is such a masterclass in game development that even at 6 years old, it is still technologically superior to AC Valhalla in some areas (though not all); particularly environment/weather/foliage/plants; I mean, Geralt had animated hair in 2015; it's 2021 and Eivor has static plastic hair that doesn't move.

I promise you, every single member of the ubisoft dev team wishes they could make a product as good as Witcher 3; and believe me they've tried (AKA Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla); but it's difficult to achieve that type of epic quality working for a corporate studio like EA or Ubisoft etc.

There are side quests in Witcher 3 (more than one) that are better than the entire main story in Valhalla.

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

@asgardian02

I can tell you what happened. Ubisoft Quebec made Odyssey; and Ubisoft Montreal made Valhalla. That's what "happened". Completely different teams.

• longjohn119
    502 posts
    @wildhunt yeah but you don't have to use it. I've never really understood why people complain so much about things in games that they can simply not use if they don't like them. I'd even argue that Valhalla is worse in that respect as you get so many skill points and end up 100% in every tree making you OP in general, irrespective of abilities, and the only way to avoid that would be to stop allocating skill points altogether, which is a lot more weird than just not picking an ability you consider overpowered or only using said ability rarely, like when you are swamped with enemies you are too lazy to deal with individually.

I never really used that ability either but I played mostly hunter style and even there I mainly used Devastating shot and on occasion multishot (Mainly before boarding a ship) and on rare occasions Ghost Arrows of Artemis (Mostly to kill someone who put a bounty on me quickly and easily, just shoot him through the walls of a fort) The bows are just a huge disappointment in Valhalla after games like Odyssey and HZD and even Origins where at least you could switch between 2 bows easily and the aim lock actually worked .... Right now the aim lock is still mostly broken and then your arrow capacity got nerfed in 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 only partially fixed it

But the real deal breaker is 10 weeks after release the outstanding bugs list is over 3 times longer than the fixed bugs list .... There is just something systemically broken in the Saves

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@shaiwan43

and i guess they met or discussed to see where they could improve odyssey further into valhalla, instead they started from scratch...

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994

Witcher 3 is easily one of the best video games ever made; and certainly in the 2010-2020 era. Witcher 3 is such a masterclass in game development that even at 6 years old, it is still technologically superior to AC Valhalla in some areas (though not all); particularly environment/weather/foliage/plants; I mean, Geralt had animated hair in 2015; it's 2021 and Eivor has static plastic hair that doesn't move.

I promise you, every single member of the ubisoft dev team wishes they could make a product as good as Witcher 3; and believe me they've tried (AKA Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla); but it's difficult to achieve that type of epic quality working for a corporate studio like EA or Ubisoft etc.

There are side quests in Witcher 3 (more than one) that are better than the entire main story in Valhalla.

Then that is your opinion and not mine i hated the game period.

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I really love the Witcher 3, but I still prefer Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla. I don't think Ubisoft "tried to make the Witcher" and failed.

I really like Valhalla's story, but I think I prefer Odyssey, which is one of my favorite AC games ever. Between Origins and Valhalla though, it's hard to say. I really love those games.

• rorobfo
    38 posts

My main problem is the lack of purpose in Valhalla. The story. Origins offers a great purpose and a deep personal story, a character with a lot of understandable anger, charm and even growth, i could connect to easily. Odyssey has been harder to connect to but Valhalla's motivation 'let's conquer' is not motivating me at all.

Second problem is that i am stuck with progression at 92%. And that for finishing the game i guess i have to wait until NG+ is out. Which i don't expect to come before 2022. Software as a service? Okay'ish, but please in better quality or with immediate NG+.

Odyssey was quite good great in terms of long-playability. But there is nothing to see that can motivate me to play in Valhalla much longer. Down to fishing and farming currently.

At least Valhalla's music is about as good as Origins' (masterpieces, both ❤). While Odyssey's Sirtaki got on my nerves.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@rorobfo

at least you have music, havent heard background music in weeks

• MexicanTemplar
    39 posts

@sblantipodi aparently this game was finish, with the staff working at home, because of the pandemic, obviously this game was rushed, and looks like they dont care anymore about it, this game was lazy designed.. i just dont have words to describe it... seriously this game is so bad

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@mexicantemplar what's wrong with working from home though? Done it all my life. I find the masks they added as what seems a reference to Covid amusing.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@mexicantemplar

instead of adding quality of life feature all the add is more bugs and helix armor stuff.

• longjohn119
    502 posts
    @sblantipodi aparently this game was finish, with the staff working at home, because of the pandemic, obviously this game was rushed, and looks like they dont care anymore about it, this game was lazy designed.. i just dont have words to describe it... seriously this game is so bad

That is a sign of bad management/leadership, workers getting depressed or just giving up is a telltale sign of a leadership problem .... And Ubisoft has been plagued with management/leadership issues in 2020 including at least 2 leaders for this game that had to be fired .... Throw in a pandemic and those leadership issues become even more of a problem ......

• Max18400
    400 posts

Overall, at launch odyysey was better then valhalla. There was alot more to do after the main story ended. In Vahalla there's nothing. It's empty. You can't replay anything, there are no replayable tasks and not much to really keep you invested in the game after you complete it. Whoever said on this thread that Vahalla lacks purpose I think had hit the nail on the head. Whilst not a bad game, it's story just lacks so much purpose or direction. You have no personal or ethical stake to hunt down the order or get involved in the assassin's war, most of the alliance areas feel like side quests/filler rather than anything linking to the main story. Like the story would probably take 20 hours rather than 50 to complete if they just didn't bother with the regions that don't like with the story at all. Whereas Odyysey each story section ( not side quest) actually pushed the narrative forward towards something.
    It is by no means a bad game, I really want to emphasise that. It just needs so much improvement. Its development was clearly filled with conflicts, changes in direction and was obviously affected by the pandemic. It is the bugiest assassin's creed I've ever played (I've played and completed all of them), it's clearly missed out on so many crucial aspects, such as replayable features, one handed swords or even a satisfying ending (read a history book at the 878 when the game ends and you'll see why it peeves me off to much).
    I know odyssey had its issues, and some people hate it with a passion, but it was a far less troubled game and, especially in terms of gameplay, had far more to offer at launch. I'm sure assassin's creed valhalla will add alot in the coming months, but these things should have been done upon launch.
    Also, to the one person on here that dislikes the witcher, you're the first person I've ever seen say they hate it, so I'm kinda curious as to why you do as it is celebrated as one of the best games ever made? Or if you've even played it at all?

• MexicanTemplar
    39 posts

@kreutzgang well if u play the game u will noticed what is wrong with that... i dont know what kind of job u have, that may be okay even if u work at home, the problem here with valhalla, is that is obvious that there is some kind of communication problem, i dont know if i explain myself correctly ( i dont have the words) but the game is broken, lack of content and a lot of stuff that improved odyssey where removed here... also there are obviously already working on a new ac.. even though this game isnt finish yet

• longjohn119
    502 posts

@mexicantemplar Well the same is true for Immorals Fenyx Rising which had at least a year less development time and uses the same game engine as Valhalla (and Odyssey) but was done by the studio that did Odyssey yet it doesn't have near the problems

Again it comes down to Leadership ..... The Leadership at Ubisoft Quebec is obviously better than the leadership at Ubisoft Montreal ..... The CEO of Ubisoft Montreal got fired along with the lead creative director for Valhalla and the overall Editorial Chief Serge Hascoet .....

Character matters ..... Leadership matters .... Bad leadership with poor character filters down and affects everyone below them and it will poison the well ...... 99% of corporate failures are not caused by bad employees but by bad leadership ..... And that is without a doubt the case here especially at Ubisoft Montreal .... It's also the case at CD Project Red, their leadership turned out to be a pack of liars and that's not the fault of CP 2077 developers

• Ibin_Nawtee
    2 posts

@longjohn119 Totally agree. Ubi Quebec are really the powerhouse at Ubisoft and are showing up the other studios as lazy and incompetent. Ubi Montreal seems to not really care or have any passion and just mindlessly churn out the game without soul and lazily borrowing from Origins because it was easier like Reda (most annoying NPC), the music which is at times like listening to Origins and the amount of bugs proves this game was rushed out in time for Xmas.
    Ubisoft will never learn and will continue taking its customers for granted like they do their workforce which is why they should always be held accountable like CDProjectRed.
    Look how Ghost Recon Breakpoint was released and how long it has taken them to fix it yet they still release games so buggy with the patch it after attitude which is a big f@#$ you to the customers as long as they get your cash.
    Ubi Quebec should be the sole developer of Assassin's Creed from now on but alas they have become so good at creating excellent games as proven with Immortals Fenyx Rising (still prefer Gods and Monsters) that it will never happen.
    The Ubisoft brand is tarnished and it doesn't really seem to bother them much as they are still the same old company as before and it is a shame because they can do better but they just can't be bothered to be.
    I own every AC game like most others here and never have I been so disappointed in an AC game till now. Valhalla should not have released in 2020 which is easy to see and this will continue so get used to it.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ibin_nawtee

All we can do moving forward is stop to pre-order games, dont pre-order the season pass either.
    Stop purchasing MTX's.
    Only buy the standard version once the game is released and you know from actually customers that its good.
    I mean most of the reviews from YouTube and such are from influencers anyway who either get paid to be positive or make a review after having played the game for 5hours.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics