Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • WildHunt
    63 posts

I'll judge when we have all the content in Valhalla. I love Origins and Odyssey, but they are not perfect. Combat in Odyssey eventually became ability spam, like Valhalla is now. Only Origins got it close to feeling somewhat right.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@wildhunt Really? I don't use abilities often in Odyssey, only when I feel I need to.

• WildHunt
    63 posts

@kreutzgang That is your own choice, I'm talking gameplay design. For example, in Odyssey, Maddess of Ares is the only ability you need in any fight, it is an "I win" button, even on the highest difficulty. Origins had nothing like that but Valhalla does have a few abilities that are super useful, I hope they don't have anything coming up that breaks the game.

• Mannimx
    9 posts

@wildhunt
    In actuality, there should be no weapon in ancient Greece that could stand up to Isu technology.
    The spear alone, fully powered, would be unstoppable. Less logical is how you managed to bring back the Atlantean weapons created in a simulation to the real world. That never got explained.
    But the should always be game changing weapons in any fight. The Bright One sure didn't like the full powered spear.

• WildHunt
    63 posts

@mannimx I'm talking about the abilities, not weapons. Having a godly ability is all well and good but there were never any god-tier enemies that required it. It was always OP vs everything, even bosses, and removed the challenge. I know you can nerf your own gameplay and just not use the ability but from a gameplay design point, it was lazy to implement Madness of Ares in its current form.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@wildhunt yeah but you don't have to use it. I've never really understood why people complain so much about things in games that they can simply not use if they don't like them. I'd even argue that Valhalla is worse in that respect as you get so many skill points and end up 100% in every tree making you OP in general, irrespective of abilities, and the only way to avoid that would be to stop allocating skill points altogether, which is a lot more weird than just not picking an ability you consider overpowered or only using said ability rarely, like when you are swamped with enemies you are too lazy to deal with individually.

• RGX-
    5 posts

It's a terrible game in it's own right let alone as an AC title. It's too late to change the wrong decisions made at the conception stage, instead they'll just keep polishing the turd to try and make it shine.

All we can do is look forward to the next game with a different team and hope for better. I'm not letting this put me off AC games unless the next one is bad as well.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

but that just goes to show then how broken the dsiegn of valhall ais.

I mean because they cant design i game i would to restrain myself from spending points? Its about th eonly reward you get from playing the game.
    If you dont spend your 400 points you cant use mastery system which is a joke compared to what odyssey had.

I already created a topic about that, so you know how i feel anyways 😛

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@rgx
    the best thing ppl can do now, is not buy the season pass

• WildHunt
    63 posts

@kreutzgang People complain because it is part of the design. I'd rather not cherry-pick what I like about a game and ignore the rest, I'd rather judge a game on its entire design and question why the devs made certain decisions. At the end of the day, if you use Madness or Ares or not, it is still a bad design element and if we chose to ignore it the devs are more likely to make the same mistakes.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@wildhunt alright, but I still don't get why you think it's more of an issue than being OP all the time in Valhalla, irrespective of a specific ability you can just not use at all, and which was added in a late DLC.

• WildHunt
    63 posts

@kreutzgang I dunno if you have played it yet but Fenyx Rising's combat feels balanced despite the abilities looks like something out of Dragon Ball Z, I am not max level yet so we will see but I rarely go into combat with enemies my level and assume I will steamroll them with one ability. They have found a balance in Fenyx I wish was in Valhalla.

Maybe they need to bring back enemy scaling but knowing these devs they will immediately counter the level scaling with one god-like ability. It is very weird how they are designing Valhalla, a lot of the design is half-hearted. Take the Raven for example, they removed the ability to tag enemies from Origins and Odyssey with the rationale that it was too easy, but they undermine that whole argument because it is just as easy to spam Odinsight and tag everything anyway, in fact, it is probably quicker than tagging enemies with the bird, so what was the point?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@wildhunt I haven't. I was thinking of it but was a bit put off by it looking like it's a kid's game. I take it, you recommend it? I saw somewhere it has missile reversal - one of my fav features in Valhalla.

And yeah, nerfing the bird was a dumb move. I practically never used it. It's the same as removing the health regen. That actually is quite a pain at the beginning of the game, but once you upgrade the rations it makes it significantly easier than just regaining health after a battle.

• WildHunt
    63 posts

@kreutzgang I recommend it, yeah it is a kids game but it is the next best thing to having Zelda Breath of the Wild on PC.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    Talk about the combat system boring? You should try AC1 and AC2. They are all pressing the button for "counter" and that is it.

Well in Valhalla you have England countryside and cities, Norway snowland, Vinland greenery and mountains, and Asgard imaginary world. Variety is there.
    But I have to say compared to Witcher 3, the feel of "difference" in landscape Valhalla is not that strong.

Personally I have no problem with the skill tree, but I do admit the abilities are kind of repetitive (unlike those superpowers in the Dishonored series) so in the end most would just stick to one or two.

Valhalla reduced the no. of equipment intentionally because some players thought Odyssey showered them with all kinds of gear. Personally I like having less equipment to manage.

Carbon, nickel and tungsten are upgrade materials and in early game they cannot be obtained otherwise so I understand why they are made treasures for the side activities. I am fine with this setting, though of course I wish they could be replaced by other more unique items.

Stop comparing Valhalla with that piece of crap game and it's name is the Witcher 3 now that is a bad bad game one of the worst games i've ever played. 😒

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@patricia81994

how dare you talk like that about the witcher3.

Keep in mind that its a game from 2015, we are now in 2021 and what exactly has valhalla added or done better then a 6year old game??

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994

how dare you talk like that about the witcher3.

Keep in mind that its a game from 2015, we are now in 2021 and what exactly has valhalla added or done better then a 6year old game??

So with you saying this you think it's a good game ... uh really! ... then how dare you talk about that tW3 is a good game.

Yeah so what that it is a game from 2015 it's still a piece of crap game no matter how old it is.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@patricia81994

lol all rage... no explanation then or arguments.
    Good luck

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994

lol all rage... no explanation then or arguments.
    Good luck

No there is no rage only laughter.
    Ditto. 😉

I simply have no time to explain why tW3 was such a bad game maybe someday i will explain.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

just looked into odyssey again. How fluid combat there is and how much better armor looks.
    https://ibb.co/SJHSHt3

made a screenshot, really have no clue what happend the past few years and why armor looks so bad in valhalla
    especially the shoulders are so very bulky, its like he wears an american football suits underneath

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics