Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kreutzgang
    635 posts

@mexicantemplar did you read the post from the person who said Fenyx rising was also made using home office? It proves that's not the reason. You just don't like home office personally it seems. *shrug*

And ofc Facebook doesn't represent everyone, but if you have a much larger selection of people giving input, it's clearly a better representation when it's just a few. Using FB if you have a FB account and go on it, requires no effort. Looking for a forum like this does, and most people cannot be bothered, hence the lack of activity. BTW I'm not saying they shouldn't make the next one a lot better, just that what people say in this forum about it doesn't necessarily reflect general opinion. Whether or not the next one sells ... we will see. I seem to recall people saying Borderlands 3 wouldn't sell ...

• MexicanTemplar
    39 posts

@kreutzgang well... inmortal fenyx rising is not a very graphic improvement.. looks like the typical platform game from 360 era.. not saying is bad. but is not as the game is somekind of newness improvement for gaming... AC needs a more dedicated staff. not a indie deevelopers staff u cant compared both games, apart from that various investigations sinces the pandemic started has been proving that work from home, is not working as expected... people tend to have lazy conducts in their homes.. i dont see it being a good choice in the future, especially for developers, like i say the making of a game is not just writting stuff or capturing data is more complex and need a lot of team work and communication...

• GonguHrolfr
    9 posts

@asgardian02 I love the country and keep roaming it (playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla (OST) Full / Complete Official Soundtrack in the background, because we can't enjoy enough the music with the high frequency put on), though I have nothing to do, but

• upgrade all the gears, so farm money (fishing, sell them),
    • try to complete the Fishing Hut Quests (but the fishes that I miss are glitched, so I could get the Stinky but Deadly reward)),
    • would be glad to Avenge the death of 10 players (and get the Hall of Slain reward), but I can't find any death player to avenge.

Got all the achievements, but Take my hand, The enemy of my enemy, Disorder of the Ancients that are bugged (can't have them, though I've completed the requirements to have them!).
    So I go and kill some Saxons and Bandits... for the pleasure of roaming the country.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@rgx Agreed that this game is a turd.

Once I complete the story I have no reason to come back, unlike Odyssey where I came back several times.

Because of the whole effort vs reward, the puke inducing boarded up houses and squirrel obstacle courses, I will not likely revist this turd even when they implement Game+.

What I dislike about this game has nothing to do with the main character or setting but the story and exploration. Nothing like spending 8+ hours working towards a big victory for god and clan just to have someone crap all over it when I arrive home. The writing is terrible.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker ocd-ness in thinking I should play them in order, but you're right, I'll skip Unity for now, rather than leave it looming like a phantom obstacle 😄

• MexicanTemplar
    39 posts

@gloomseeker 😮 😮

• longjohn119
    484 posts

@ibin_nawtee

I never said Ubisoft Montreal was lazy and incompetent, I said they suffer from bad leadership that has demoralized the staff .......

See you fall right into the trap Management sets, they screw up and you blame the workers and not them ..... CDPR suffers from the same problem, their developers are good but their management/leadership sucks ..... Montreal turned out Origins and Black Flag so they are certainly capable of good work

• sblantipodi
    Original poster 8 posts

I'm at 50 hours of Valhalla, played 150 hours in Odyssey, I really would like to go straight to the end, the game is boring.
    Valhalla is a huge step back over Odyssey.

It's a 100+hours game without RPG mechanincs and without the mighty architectures and landscapes we are used in the AC series.
    Sincerely in 50 hours I don't even encountered some impactful characters like in Odyssey, Odyssey was full of impactful characters and more history rich.

I really hope that the next AC will be made from the same people of Odyssey, Valhallha I repeat, is a huge step back.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@sblantipodi

fenix rising seems to me as just a reskin of odyssey, but from reading stuff about it, that game had a transmog system from the get go as well as NG+
    So yeah is super strange that valhalla just dicarded everything from a previous studio..

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker unity looks amazing, what puts me off it is the sheer amount of map markers - it's so overwhelming and I have no idea what to do when. Also, I keep getting lost. I can tell if a game isn't doing it for me if I spend more time offtab than actually playing. I didn't really like the combat either.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@sblantipodi the story and characters I actually liked a lot for the most part in Valhalla, with several gripes, but overall I thought it was pretty decent. I miss those characters we had in Odyssey like Socrates and Alkibiades - that was a great touch.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@kreutzgang

This is so they have more for their stupid live action game roadmap that nobody needs.

Live service roadmaps in AC games just mean the official release is the start of early access. Instead of getting those basic features that were in the games before, they wait with them so they can tell that they will give us a new feature every month.

The only thing i want post launch in singleplayer games are story dlc's and that's all. No new skins in every update and no quality of life features that were in the games before.

Ubisoft just does the same roadmap plan for every AC game instead building of the fundament from the game before. Things like NG+, Transmog and those fire/hell type armor sets are always coming after the release instead of having them from the start because they were patched in the game before afterwards.

Regarding Odyssey:
    This is just no AC game for me. Ubisoft Quebec is just no studio that should do AC games. LEave them make other IP's but please leave AC away from them.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 well I love Odyssey, but I'm with you with the rest. Really cannot stand MMO mechanics of any kind in single player games; if I wanted them, I'd play MMO's. Valhalla makes me feel the next step is an AC MMO. 😖

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@kreutzgang

It will will get even worse than MMO's I think. They started with this crappy live event stuff and seasons like this game is a battle royale game. I want to wait until the game is patched and has all quality of life changes that were in the games before and then i will play it, finish it and put it away. This is the way i play and see singleplayer games. No need for endgame content. I just need a polished experience to enjoy the game and then i will jump back when the singleplayer dlc arrives. No need to replay endless raids until the end of time. I would be happier when they finally add transmog and cape physics that feel like cape physics in 2021 (look how to do cape physics in Ghost of Tsushima) - not to forget FIXING GAME BREAKING BUGS ASAP AND NOT LET US WAIT A WHOLE MONTH AFTER A PATCH!

I really don't like this time limited events in games. The Julfestival had two quests which espanded on stories of settlement NPC's (for instance the they guy who loves a girl in the settlement and wants to impress her). The letter of him and the girl are already in the game to find and you just get to know what goes on there wehen you play this quest. I know they were small characters and nothing big but i don't like content like that to be time exclusive. This gives the mnor people in the settlement some life and story so i can't understand why these will forever be winter exclusive missions, so when i start and finish the game in the first half of the year i will never be able to experience this (small) stuff.

Everyone who will start playing the game after early access ends and the game is finished will have to wait 1 year to do those two quests and get the [censored] armor. But for completionists like me it is just cruel to lock this stuff in time limeted events. I don't have all the time in the world to play games so i want to play them whenever i want and play every content at any time i want.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

this live service is [censored].

Yule festival was highly bugged and offered us no meaningfull content.

In a good live service a game is offering non stop content after each other, that would then also somehow justify an instore shop such as the helix one.
    However as you are aware there is [censored] all to do in the game once the stories are finished.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@asgardian02

Yes, the Yule Festival was bugged and we got no hotfix for that, because one patch per month is the rule for Ubisoft that cannot be changed in AC games. Games like Horizon: Zero Dawn or Nioh got weekly patches even though they didn't need them as much as Valhalla. Horizon on PC needed those patches and got them weekly until the game was fixed. Even this month the game got a new patch and one day after a hotfix. This is how you fix bugs introduced by a new patch...as fast as possible!

I am still waiting for lip sync to be fixed but this will just happen 1 month after. Patch 1.1.1 on January 15th, so the next patch in the middle of february.

I even started playing Cyberpunk 2077 and strangely don't have as many problems as in Valhalla - even though this game got all the hate in the world from every side (i talk about he PC version).

Never ever will i support a Ubisoft game on launch again. I bought Watch Dogs: Legion and AC: Valhalla and still waiting to play those games because of bugs and slow content patches that make the game final.

I don't know why people are always so happy if games announce long support cycles in single player games. This just means that we have to wait longer to get a finished game. Immortals doesn't have a long roadmap and has all features from Odyssey from the start (Transmog, NG+). So for AC games support for 4-5 months should be enough. No need for bloated roadmaps for a whole year with content that we should have now.
    The only thing that i know and understand that they need time are big DLC's like Siege of Paris or the Druid stuff.

Regarding playing after the story is finished:
    I now there are people that think different but in my opinion a game like AC doesn't need content after the story or endgame content. I want to enjoy the story in a polished way and i always do all the side stuff before the last mission, so i just finish singleplayer games and then i go on to games like Nioh 2 or Cyberpunk 2077. If i want to play games for years than i play online games or singleplayer games that get big DLC's that add a lot to the game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

seasons in diablo3 last 3months, in path of exile too.

1 big patch per month could be plenty sufficient but then they need to add a lot of content as well.

Now its just waiting.. waiting and nothing.

There is no endgame, no replay value whatsoever this doesnt justify the helix store nor this road map by just drawing out the longevity when in between there is nothing to do.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@asgardian02

Exactly!

I don't get why they made this roadmap until Fall 2021. This just means for us that it will take longer to get basic stuff like NG+ because they have to spread it along more months. This is cleary cut out content that they are holding back to release but always one after another.

I really hope that we weill get Transmog with the next update but because of the long roadmap i think they will hold transmog back and just release this useless river raids.

Just to remember you guys:
    Transmog was added to Odyssey after 1 or two months and wasn't a feature that they could just take from Origins and change a little bit. As much as i don't loike Odyssey and Ubisoft Quebec, the shorter roadmap of this game has let them push out things like that more frequently. I just hated the episodic DLC's.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

this was same as in odyssey, certain areas there was nothing to do, and then with some dlc all off a sudden those areas got a purpose.

• longjohn119
    484 posts
    @asgardian02

Yes, the Yule Festival was bugged and we got no hotfix for that, because one patch per month is the rule for Ubisoft that cannot be changed in AC games. Games like Horizon: Zero Dawn or Nioh got weekly patches even though they didn't need them as much as Valhalla. Horizon on PC needed those patches and got them weekly until the game was fixed. Even this month the game got a new patch and one day after a hotfix. This is how you fix bugs introduced by a new patch...as fast as possible!

I am still waiting for lip sync to be fixed but this will just happen 1 month after. Patch 1.1.1 on January 15th, so the next patch in the middle of february.

I even started playing Cyberpunk 2077 and strangely don't have as many problems as in Valhalla - even though this game got all the hate in the world from every side (i talk about he PC version).

Never ever will i support a Ubisoft game on launch again. I bought Watch Dogs: Legion and AC: Valhalla and still waiting to play those games because of bugs and slow content patches that make the game final.

I don't know why people are always so happy if games announce long support cycles in single player games. This just means that we have to wait longer to get a finished game. Immortals doesn't have a long roadmap and has all features from Odyssey from the start (Transmog, NG+). So for AC games support for 4-5 months should be enough. No need for bloated roadmaps for a whole year with content that we should have now.
    The only thing that i know and understand that they need time are big DLC's like Siege of Paris or the Druid stuff.

Regarding playing after the story is finished:
    I now there are people that think different but in my opinion a game like AC doesn't need content after the story or endgame content. I want to enjoy the story in a polished way and i always do all the side stuff before the last mission, so i just finish singleplayer games and then i go on to games like Nioh 2 or Cyberpunk 2077. If i want to play games for years than i play online games or singleplayer games that get big DLC's that add a lot to the game.

I was skeptical with HZD that a studio with no experience in PC games would be able to pull it off ..... And it first it was kind of dodgy but because Sony cheaped out and let an outside studio do the PC port instead of Guerrilla and it was pretty bad especially on Nvidia graphics (I had a RX 5700 at the time and only had minor problems myself) ..... However Guerrilla was doing the support and the game just kept getting better and better and after I gave up on Valhalla a week after release I did a second full playthrough and did everything except a couple of the hunting grounds and only had one bug where I was too close to a Frostclaws when I exploded it's front tank and the blast threw me into a rock and my arm got embedded and I got stuck and couldn't move forcing me to reload the last save...... It was actually kind of funny and the way the autosaves worked I only lost 3 or 4 minutes of play ......

It almost makes me want to get a PS5 just to play Forbidden West ..... almost .... I'm not going to shell out $400 to play one game

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics