Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks. Mirroring what my colleague Ubi-Woofer mentioned above, this issue with not being able to interact with Tove is slated to be fixed in an upcoming patch. An exact date has not been announced, but we will update this thread as soon we we have been given this information.

@MBuzz1978 I'm happy to announce that the issue with lip synchronization being off after TU 1.1.1 will also be addressed in a future patch!

@SirSitsWithTits Thank you for creating a support ticket about this error and for sharing your case number here on the forums. I'm sorry that I cannot provide an exact resolution date, but I do hope to have more details to share with everyone soon!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1447 posts
    Best Answer

It's great to see that this fix has helped so many of you! If anyone is still unable to interact with Tove, please ensure that you try these steps first:

• Try to talk to Tove
    • Create a manual save
    • Shutdown the game and relaunch it (Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the manual save created above and check that a cloud save has been created
    • Close the game again, then load up the cloud version of the manual save that was made previously.

You should now be able to talk to Tove again! If you're still unable to interact with Tove after following these steps, please don't hesitate to update the thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • SluGGerBoyz
    3 posts

God im not the only who's got this fu***ng problem !! this is frustrating !

• LuckyNumberZeik
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer it’s great to hear there’s a fix coming, but this is really keeping me from playing right now. Due to horrible timing I tried out a new style, left the settlement, then went back to visit Svend specifically because I ended up hating the look. So of course that’s when he died and now Tove is broken and I’m stuck.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@luckynumberzeik My apologies for the difficulties caused! I understand that due to this bug, you are no longer able to progress and I'm extremely sorry about that. While I also understand this isn't always possible to do, do you happen to have an earlier save that you can return to that will not set you back too far? If so, I would recommend seeing if the earlier save is impacted by this issue as well. Of course, if this is not an option, whether out of inconvenience or because there are no other saves available, that is also completely fine! This would just serve to be a possible workaround until our teams are able to implement the fix server side.

Official Response
  • daffyearthblues
    1 posts

After Svend dies and we mourn him, Tove will not speak to me and i cant get new tattoos. This Sucks. Am I alone on this B/S issue?

• chelseyadh
    2 posts

Ever since svend died and tove has taken over at the tattoo shop in ravensthorpe I cannot interact and customise my eivor I know other people are having this problem on xbox one. Is there a way of fixing this please.

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@luckynumberzeik I am also not too thrilled with my current look and am stuck with it for now.

😞

• amo_rphis79
    1 posts

Cannot interact with Tove after completing Carrying the Torch

• LuckyNumberZeik
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent a couple people said you could talk to her after a few in game days so I kept playing for awhile and loading an old save would take me too far back. I’ll just wait until whenever the patch comes.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1447 posts

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. A hot-fix has been deployed today, which we hope will resolve this issue for you. If, after launching your game and reloading your latest save files, you're still unable to interact with Tove after completing "Carrying the Torch" quest, please can you try the following steps:

• Try to talk to Tove
    • Create a manual save
    • Shutdown the game and relaunch it (Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the manual save created above

This should now allow you to interact with Tove following the completion in the quest! 😄

Please note that a permanent fix is being worked on for a future update. At this moment in time, we cannot provide a definite ETA, so please keep your eyes peeled for further news within the forums. In the meantime, we hope that this hotfix allows you to speak to Tove again, and to update Eivor's tattoos/hairstyle successfully!

If the hot-fix does not work for you, and you're still unable to speak to Tove, please can you update this thread and share the following information:

• The platform you use (PC/PS/Xbox/Stadia/Luna)
    • Provide a video that shows you trying the steps above, and the issue still persisting

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Wraith.DRGN
    1 posts

Still not working after the supposed hotfix. Carrying the Torch is still missing from the completed quests list.
    Will provide a video later. Playing on PC.

• Fraser178
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi there,

Thanks for the update on the situation.
    However just followed the steps as outlined and still cannot interact with Tove, playing on Series X, I will try to figure out how to film me doing all the steps and then post again with that.

Out of interest to any lurkers , has this hotfix
    worked for anyone?

• Queen_xoxo
    1 posts

Same here.

• drainceo
    7 posts

@fraser178 Same here, followed all the steps and it hasn't worked for me either. I'm on PS5

• WrightWayUp
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis PS5 followed the instructions still can’t interact with Tove

• auridulis
    29 posts

Unfortunately, the hotfix doesn't work for me. I'm still unable to interact with Tove.
    Also, the quest "Carrying the Torch" is still missing from the completed quests log.

Platform: PC.

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@ubi-borealis

This does not work at all...

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@sluggerboyz They did a hotfix for this today.

• Nekrotikon
    1 posts

In my case it doesn't work either, Tove keeps writing and I can't interact, the mission doesn't appear in the diary. I'm playing on PC.

• guest-3BrR1Rq0
    1 posts

Nie mogę rozmawiać z Tove

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics