Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Buzzkill80
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks very much, yes that cloud load worked. I appreciate the quick reply.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

It's great to see that this fix has helped so many of you! If anyone is still unable to interact with Tove, please ensure that you try these steps first:

• Try to talk to Tove
    • Create a manual save
    • Shutdown the game and relaunch it (Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the manual save created above and check that a cloud save has been created
    • Close the game again, then load up the cloud version of the manual save that was made previously.

You should now be able to talk to Tove again! If you're still unable to interact with Tove after following these steps, please don't hesitate to update the thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thank you all for your continued updates! I've let the development team know that loading a cloud version of the manual save helps to activate the hot-fix, and allows you all to speak to Tove again. I'm glad to hear you're able to customise Eivor again! 😄

Official Response
  • LuckyNumberZeik
    7 posts

Good to see people getting it to work so I know it’s possible. Hasn’t worked for me when doing the steps and loading a cloud save so maybe I’ll get lucky later when I can try again

• drainceo
    7 posts

@fraser178 Can confirm this worked for PS5! What a huge relief. Thanks for that suggestion!

• LoezRnd
    7 posts

after using the cloud save worked for me in PS4

• Rossifer13
    3 posts

I can confirm that loading the Cloud Save allowed me to talk to Tove on PS5.

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

or you could just talk to Svend's grave and she will talk to you...

• LuckyNumberZeik
    7 posts

Thank you! It finally works, now my Eivor doesn’t look like a Viking version of the movie Big

• Lindikania
    5 posts

IT REALLY WORKED!!! THANK YOU!
    undefined

• WrightWayUp
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis Loading the cloud save worked fine here too on PS5 and the fix seems to be staying when loading a local file too.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

It's great to see that this fix has helped so many of you! If anyone is still unable to interact with Tove, please ensure that you try these steps first:

• Try to talk to Tove
    • Create a manual save
    • Shutdown the game and relaunch it (Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the manual save created above and check that a cloud save has been created
    • Close the game again, then load up the cloud version of the manual save that was made previously.

You should now be able to talk to Tove again! If you're still unable to interact with Tove after following these steps, please don't hesitate to update the thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • LoezRnd
    7 posts

@doomcakes1198

• Create a manual save

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts

@loezrnd why tag me specifically? Bro I have completely uninstalled this game. And then reinstalled this game. I just want my money back and they refuse (because I didn't buy direct from Ubisoft). And the Microsoft store refuses because I played the game for longer than they allow for a refund. Because Ubisoft told be to keep building. I still can't talk to Tove. And I still can't finish my settlement. I'm done trying. I have no interest in loading this game ever again. I just want my money back and everyone just refuses so [censored] it.

• DoomCakes1198
    25 posts

@loezrnd sorry bro not mad at you just the situation. At this point the customer service provided by Ubisoft has made me no longer an Ubisoft customer. I don't care if they fix this and it actually ends up living up to all the hype they gave it. Ubisoft has the WORST customer service ever. I did customer service for 10 plus years I would have been fired several times for the BS responses that they've given without actually reading what I said and just responding.

• LoezRnd
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LoezRnd
    7 posts

@DoomCakes1198 I apologize, bro ... I marked you because I was trying to help you but I didn't know your position, I'm really sorry about that.

• Mirula
    3 posts

As far as I know I didnt load a cloudsave but suddenly I was able to talk to Tove, let's hope it keeps working!

• adtc5812
    11 posts

[Xbox 1] I'm gathering tattoos schematics (I went hunting and gathered all I could) but the tattoos artist is dead and the student won't talk to me.. how do I get her to talk with me?? I've just finished vinland so it might be further into the game?

• Fyrii
    5 posts

Something seemed to fix this (finally!). I read above that we needed to load in the Cloud Save which maybe I did by accident? But I can speak with her and my inventory is finally much smaller!

Thank you!
    ~ HUK

• William_D0g
    9 posts

Tove is now working for me, read about the cloud save thing with interest because I didn't do that. I just made a manual save and then closed and restarted the game and loaded the manual save I'd just made.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics