Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • forcefrank
    Original poster 91 posts

Sooooo, I'm level 320 and I've completed all of the map alliances and finished the bride/groom mission, you know, that one. The only missions I have left are the ones I've carried from day 1, Get to settlement level 6 (almost there now, one more raid to go), kill all the Order of the Ancients and obtain the order pages. There are no other missions, Randvi has nothing else, I'm so confused.

Is there no actual ending? I've not given any spoilers, so a simple yes or no will suffice. Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

@forcefrank it's parallel to completing the order.

• forcefrank
    Original poster 91 posts

@kreutzgang Ahhhh, ok, I had a feeling it had to do with that. I'll get that done and see where it goes. Thanks!!

• Mannimx
    9 posts

@forcefrank
    Reaching settlement Level 6 was......underwhelming.
    For all the effort it takes, virtually the entire game, I was expecting something special.
    Nope. You get acknowledgement it's done. Nothing else changes.
    I really think we have to wait for the DLCs to have a proper "ending" as we did in Odyssey.
    We still have no idea how Eivor ends up buried in Vinland, alone.
    There's also the matter of a certain ISU who's loose.

• ImaginaryRuins
    241 posts

@forcefrank There is an ending, which is

spoiler

• kreutzgang
    544 posts
  • ImaginaryRuins
    241 posts

@kreutzgang Yep. It occurs when...

spoiler

• ChuckKatse
    155 posts

There is no ending. Once you have completed everything, i.e, the map, found and killed all the hidden ones, built your settlement to level 6, completed all the Asgard content, Reda's side quests, got all the Hunter and Fishing rewards all the museum pieces, completed all the mysteries, and wealth locations, found all the horde maps there is nothing else to do. There is no cut scene where you are standing on a ledge over looking your settlement with your Raven on your shoulder and music plays as AC Valhalla scrolls across the screen saying to be continued. All I did was go to the Long House and sit in the Jarls Chair, saved the game and logged off. There is also three weapons you can acquire but never mentioned even their locations. They are, Thor's Hammer, Gungnir and Excalliber. Thor's Hammer, Kill all 45 of the Hidden Ones, Excalliber find all the Britian Tablets, Gungnir after going to Valhalla with Evior's brother and finishing that content. How to find and get those weapons can be found on YouTube if you have not got them already. All they are good for is you can say you got them. Because if you look at the requirements for obtaining them you have pretty much finished all the game content.LoL

Now, I might of missed something in the game, but sure could not find it. If there was content I missed let me know and I will return to finish that.

• Asgardian02
    1830 posts

@chuckkatse

thats it, and never a reward from killing a boss or high ranking order member either

• Sam_Boo26
    125 posts

Well, for me I felt like there was an ending, so I guess it depends. It's similar to Odyssey. Maybe I feel this way because I did all the exploration before finishing the story.

spoiler

Maybe we'll have more of an ending with the DLCs, but for me, it still felt like an ending for now.

• forcefrank
    Original poster 91 posts

@chuckkatse Well I finished with all the Order of the Ancients and turned the rest of them into Hytham, and........, nothing happened. So I had to search the web to find out you can't fast travel back to camp, you have to walk, run, or ride your horse. For me that meant a 5,000km trip!!!!! I'm not sure if this was intentional or a bug, but it's a thing. Once I did that it triggered what was next.

Also, make sure you all check the mysteries if you want to see "all" the content. I'm searching for...

spoiler

• Sam_Boo26
    125 posts

@forcefrank I'm pretty sure you can't fast travel because they want you to ride on your horse with the music

spoiler

So I'm pretty sure it's intentional and not a bug.

• Asgardian02
    1830 posts

@sam_boo26

i didnt liked it much. Ddidnt find ubbe's body either. Wasnt really hard looking for it either i guess

• forcefrank
    Original poster 91 posts

@sam_boo26 Turns out I had experienced the ending without knowing it was the ending. At least with Odyssey it was apparent, Valhalla not so much. I sure made some decisions that Sigurd didn't approve of, hahahahaha!!

This was right up there with Odyssey though as my fav in the series. Sure there were a few glitches, but it did make me wonder several times about my purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. Ubi manages to deliver the most beautiful games I've ever seen, and Valhalla just blew me away, but then you have CP2077 that looks like its from the original Xbox days. People saying it should have never released on last gen are nuts and we have Valhalla to disprove that.

• ChuckKatse
    155 posts

@forcefrank Ya those witches can be a pain one is level 300.

• forcefrank
    Original poster 91 posts

@chuckkatse All 3 were a pain in their own way but I got through them all and got the equipment I wanted to prepare for the DLC's that are coming. Now that a couple patches have hit CP2077 I'm back to playing that.

Anybody know when the first paid DLC for Valhalla will be released?

• Max18400
    363 posts

@forcefrank I've made a few posts about this. The game literally ends right before a really historically significant event occurs (look up battle of Edington and its aftermath).
    Because I know the history really well, I was so excited that it would end where I thought it would as it would mean certain areas would br replayable and would have set up a status quo. But when it didn't i was so disappointed. It's like like watching a guy pull back a bow and arrow, then it cuts to black just before the arrow was released. It's the blue balls equivalent of story telling.
    I'm hoping they add in the ending in either the February dlc or the druids dlc in march (like adding in one handed swords as well), but who knows.
    How the game ends is bad story telling and incredibly unfaithful to actual historical events.

• davebev1012
    2 posts

Yep, just finished it after 140hrs. Whilst overall, i generally loved it.. much more than Origins & Odyssey (which i didn't even finish as they were fairly bland all-round). I was left feeling somewhat disappointed with Valhalla's ending & lack of any real conclusion or sense of accomplishment.

Got every wealth, mystery & artefact from every place in the game before i just finished all main & side quests. Finished the order etc.

Story-wise it felt anti-climatic. You spend the whole game raiding castles in very cool set piece battles & so you expect to take on a big one at the end with a big army or something... nope. It's just you & a few mates in a fairly small, meaningless, subdue battle in a little village.

Then the Ravensthorpe 'ending' just feels.. well, not like an ending. Which i understand to some extent. Some players will want to go do more things & we don't know how much it'll play a part in DLC, i imagine not much though. I just felt like it could have spent more time wrapping it up. A longer talk with Randvi & Sigurd. New letters to read, a small cut-scene waking up next to Randvi or having her move things into a now shared bedroom. Some dialogue talking about how much progress you've made since arriving with the great music swelling as the camera pull out to show all of Ravensthorpe as a 'now' town, to which the Logo comes up & credits start rolling.

Just something along those lines. Something to give the ending more purpose.

But generally, overall i loved my time with it. Fair play for to them for keeping me playing 140hrs after i found the last two fairly bland. Keep improving, just work on the ending. I have hope for the DLC's though, hopefully they give us more Evior & Randvi stuff though (or whoever people chose). Not much of a relationship either, asking who to pledge to or kissing/getting off with in the same animation. I spent more time on side quests with Petra & the baker. Pretty poor on the Randvi side since most would've chosen her. The romance options lacked depth in general & spending more time with them would've added weight to it all.

(P.S. polish your game Ubisoft. The first half was fairly decent, then no less then 15-20 full crashes, lips not moving to dialogue often, battle music not going away until i restarted (3-4 times in the game), bugs of getting stuck on things, walking through a waterfall into a cave & getting stuck in a swimming animation etc.)

Community details

Users
Topics