ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 48 posts

The new "known issues" page mentioned a possible way how to solve this bug.

• [NEW] NPC in “Deviled Water” stuck on the docks. 
      • Workaround: Completing "A Friend Out of Hell" quest and receiving a new letter will fix the issue

Can anyone confirm if this works? I've completed the beowulf questline long ago and there is no new letter in the small letterbox in your room inside the longhouse in your settlement. If this is what they meant...

But maybe this isn't possible because another bug wouldn't let you interact with the letterbox after Vili's letter also mentioned in the post? 😁

• [NEW] Unable to interact with the letterbox after reading Vili’s letter.
  • kosta99pav
    8 posts

@ubi-froggard still an issue with me he’s still not wanting to move from a set location. I’m in PS5 with the 1.5.1 patch for some reason I cannot post a video here but yea

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5950 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread regarding your experiences with "Deviled Water" following the release of TU 1.5.0.

It looks like there's been a little confusion over a fix that was included in TU 1.5.0. As some of you spotted, the following fix for "Deviled Water" was included in the Title Update:

• Deviled Water world event cannot be completed as NPC is stuck in the river.

The development team are still investigating the issue wherein the NPC is stuck on the docks and can't be interacted with or persuaded to jump into the water.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation into this issue, including any news of a resolution. Rest assured that the Player Support team are checking in on the investigation regularly. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forums via patch notes.

If you are still encountering issues where "Deviled Water" doesn't complete after the NPC hops into the river, then I'd recommend you share your report in the dedicated Megathread for this issue. This will help to prevent further confusion within this thread.

@sicplagu3 - I can't say I've heard of that letter workaround myself for "Deviled Water." I'll check with the Community team to see whether the workaround has been shared under the wrong issue (to prevent any further confusion) 😱

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheJayPack
    2 posts

Cant complete Deviled Water because the guy ran all the way to the royal house as seen in this video

I crashed into his boat which put his boat under the dock and him still standing on the boat through the dock.
    I tried to destroy his boat which scared him and made him run on the dock away.
    After 5 min i found him again and tried to scare him to the water which led me to chase him eventually over to the royal house where i saved.
    I tried chasing him outside the town north and then save and restart to see if that would reset the event but that didnt work. Reverted back to a previous save where I know he would be in the future in case this gets fixed.
    Tried to knock him out with fists or put him to sleep but nothing interacts with him

• FlamingDiablo
    2 posts

I still have this problem destroyed his boat the man kept floating in the air. After come back later the man would stand on the shore next to the priests after that tried looking online what to do. the moment i took out my bow he just started sprinting down the docks.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @flamingdiablo, thank you for taking the time in touch, welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem.

Could you please provide a short video showing this in action and displaying that you are on the latest version of the game? You could directly upload the clip to an online video-sharing platform like Twitter or YouTube. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. Your current game version can be located in the lower right-hand corner of the main menu.

Official Response
  • FlamingDiablo
    2 posts

@ubi-gizmo

tried to find the saxon man but couldn't find him

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I'd like to provide you all with an update from the investigations taking place with "Deviled Water." You can learn more about these below:

• The NPC in "Deviled Water" cannot be found
      • Investigation Status: Under investigation
      • Comments: The dedicated teams are looking into this issue further. At this time, they have been able to collect enough reports to continue the investigation with. Once there are any updates to share, they will be made available within this thread.
    • NPC in "Deviled Water" is stuck on the docks
      • Investigation Status: Under investigation
      • Comments: The dedicated teams are looking into this issue further. At this time, they have been able to collect enough reports to continue the investigation with. Once there are any updates to share, they will be made available within this thread.
    • "Deviled Water" does not register as completed after the NPC enters the water
      • Investigation Status: Resolved
      • Comments: This issue was resolved with the release of TU 1.5.0. If you're still encountering this issue in-game, please can you share your report in our dedicated Megathread for this specific issue.

If you encountering an issue in your game during "Deviled Water" that is not listed above, then please can you share your report with us so we can look into this issue further?

Once any updates from the ongoing investigations are made available, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

@TheJayPack - Thanks for sharing your report with us, and for sharing a video that shows the NPC at the Royal Palace. Just to check, after you reloaded an earlier save, did the NPC return to the dock? Or did you revert back to the save where he was outside of the Royal Palace? This information will help us to ensure that your report is correctly forwarded to the relevant investigation.

@FlamingDiablo - Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us! I've forwarded this to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from your experience, we'll reach out within this thread. Any future updates will also be posted within this thread, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • sicplagu3
    Original poster 48 posts

@ubi-borealis Thx for the update!

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 48 posts

@ubi-borealis Thx for the update!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @sicplagu3!

Once there are any updates to share from either of the ongoing investigation into "Deviled Water," we'll be sure to post these within this thread, so please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheJayPack
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I meant that I reverted to an the earlier save where he was at the royal palace. Just because it was an easier location to find.

I cant go back to before the event bugged because that was about 30 hours of playtime ago.
    I can try to upload the save file if that helps.

• Cptn__Avery
    8 posts

@thejaypack

Yeah the guys just runs away when he is scared. Lol I thought he just disappeared but I randomly found him somewhere else in Jorvik. Tried to steer him to the quest location but ofcourse the boat aint there no more cuz I destroyed it.

i just wish we could give these quests a manual reset or that Ubi could manually reset it on the safe file in the cloud so I can atleast get the final trophy and platinum lol

feels demotivating to have spend 175 hours on it just for that last mystery to glitch.

been checking this issue for months now might even be a year lol but still nothing.

• Mem90
    28 posts

There is a new patch update has this been fixed for anyone?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3997 posts

Hi @mem90 I can confirm that the most recent patch update did not include a fix for the following issues:

• The NPC in "Deviled Water" cannot be found
    • The NPC in "Deviled Water" is stuck on the docks

Both of these issues are still being investigated. Once any updates from the ongoing investigations are made available, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. The dedicated teams have reached out to us with an update from the investigations into "Deviled Water," and they have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for this World Event in a future update!

We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. Once we have more definite information to share, it will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will be published via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • sicplagu3
    Original poster 48 posts

@ubi-borealis Thx for the update, thats good to hear. 👍

Lets hope this will fix all the issues with this World Event.

• Cptn__Avery
    8 posts

@mem90
    nope 🙁

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @Cptn__Avery , you are welcome!

As of today we received the confirmation that this issue will be resolved with the future update but we can't promise that all other issues with this World event will be fixed in a future update.
    I'd also recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any patch notes, as any fixes included in future updates will be published within these.

Please feel free to get in touch if we can assist you with anything else.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. We've just received an update from the dedicated teams regarding "Deviled Water." A fix for "Deviled Water" is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.2, which will be released May 24th 2022. You can read the patch notes for this update here!

NPC spawns and is stuck on the dock in the World Event Deviled Water.

If you are still experiencing a stuck NPC in "Deviled Water" following the release of TU 1.5.2, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread. When providing a report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • The NPC in "Deviled Water" is still stuck on the docks.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

The dedicated teams are still looking into the NPC in "Deviled Water" missing from the area entirely. I've reached out to the dedicated teams to see if there are any updates we can share following the release of TU 1.5.2. If we have any news from the investigation into the missing NPC, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics