Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kaje1980
    1 posts

Same issue here, NPC on the boat and the boat aren't there. The two priests talking and the one performing the baptism are dead on the ground. No way to reset it, went to new areas and came back, check my oldest save, nothing. Will this be a patch fix? I have over 200 hrs in and it's the last thing I need to 100% the game.

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

So will this problem investigated by Ubisoft? It's still not listed in the Megathread.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/updated-30-12-reported-issue-megathreads-check-here-for-your-issue?lang=en-US

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

I know several people have problems with this world event. In most cases he was kicked from the Boat and just ran away. But when found the Quest could be completet.

In my case, the NPC never was on a Boat how he should be according to vids on YT. He just stands there and crying about the cold water (as seen in my screenshot). When i shoot some arrows near him he runs away and when i found him he babbles the same stuff like before.

I hope this will be noticed, otherwise i can't do the "Completionist all the Way" Achievement because i'm not be able to complete the last territory.

I'm on PC, Patch 1.1.1

undefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hey everyone,

I split your posts off from the previous thread about this world event not completing correctly as the issue you are all describing is slightly different - that the NPC and/or boat aren't present or in the correct place in the first place. The aforementioned issue has been under investigation for a while, however I wasn't able to find any existing investigations relating to the NPC and/or boat being entirely missing from the start, and as such I'll be happy to look further into this with you all and get this issue investigated as well.

First of all, thank you for the images you have provided so far @sicplagu3. These will be helpful to the team to understand the issue better and also how the NPC is not in the correct place for the world event to begin properly. World events should normally reset as you mentioned when you travel far enough away for a long enough period, however if this has not worked in your case, we'll require a short video demonstrating this as well as a save file from you. I'm happy to open a support case on your account for you to submit the information needed - just let me know if you're able to provide it all. 🙂 I also added both issues with this world event to our megathread list for everyone's visibility, in case there are any other players affected.

@Vryolaka Just to clarify, had you already attempted to complete the quest previously and now the man and boat are gone? Or were they never there to begin with? Which platform do you play on please?

@Kaje1980 Hey! Could you please confirm the platform you are playing on? Has the issue persisted since the TU 1.1.1 patch on January 14th? Finally, could you provide a short video showing that the priests are dead and the man / boat are nowhere to be found? Thank you!

Official Response
  • sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

@ubi-woofer

Thank u very, very much for your response and adding it to the megathread list!!!

Yes please, i want you to open a support case for me on my account. I can provide you with a vid and my actual save file. The vid is around 134mb in size. I hope this will be no problem? If so i can try to compress it a little bit more.

Again, thx for your afford and response. 😊

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

@sicplagu3 - Apologies for the delayed response! I've now opened up a support ticket for you (13973753), which you should be find by logging into your account on the Ubisoft Support website. Would you be able to submit a copy of your save file? I would recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and sending a link in your case notes.

Once you've done this, please can you update the thread to let us know? Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

@ubi-borealis

Not a problem. 😊

Thx for opening the support Ticket. The explanation of the problem/bug and my saves are added + a link to the vid on YouTube in the text itself.

• Dreamkillr375
    1 posts

@sicplagu3 hello mate, thank you for the help. I found the guy next to the river on the other side but still can't speak with him, any advice or sth?

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

@dreamkillr375 Hey man, same with me. Can't speak with him.

My only advice to you is to open a ticket aswell and give Ubisoft your save file and a vid if possible. The more people bring this bug up, the more it is possible that the developers at Ubisoft will be aware of it and fix it.

Sorry that i can't tell u more. 😕

• mezzydom
    2 posts

I got it to complete!

After reading this post, I went back and found the NPC standing across the river. As I approached he started talking about being cold etc. but the quest didn't complete. After tooling around in town for a bit, I went to cross the bridge above where the quest starts and it completed for me. So, maybe find the guy across the river and then walk across the bridge and see if it completes for you.

Good luck!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Deviled Water," and the NPC/Boat not appearing. I've passed these additional reports along to the development team so they can be added to the ongoing investigation. If your mystery is not completing after pushing the NPC into the water, please can you check out this megathread for more information regarding this issue.

I can let you all know that the development team is still taking a closer look at this mystery. At this moment in time, we have no new updates to share from the investigation, including an ETA for a resolution. As soon as we have any more updates to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread or within our News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out in these places.

@sicplagu3 - Sorry for the delayed answer. I can see that you have been in contact with some of the support team agents, and that your save has been forwarded to the development team already. Thanks again for taking the time to submit that information for us!

@Dreamkillr375 - Hey there! Were you able to open up a support ticket? If not, would you be able to share a video that shows you're unable to complete this mystery within the thread? We can then pass this along to the development team.

@mezzydom - Thanks for sharing what helped you to complete the mystery! I'm glad you've been able to complete it!

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • morphinapg1
    5 posts

I can't find the man or boat at all. I looked across the river like others have said and he's not there. Playing on PS5.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @morphinapg1! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for sharing your report with us. Would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to locate the NPC or the boat within the mystery area? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • morphinapg1
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis Sorry, I missed this. Here's a video showing how neither the guy or the boat appear in my game:

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks so much for sending us this video, @morphinapg1! I've passed this along to the development team, alongside the rest of your report, for a closer look 🙂

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

Hello

I used another boat to try and crash the NPC in the water, however the boat and the man have disappeared. This is my last mystery to get a platinum, I am playing on PS5.

Is there a patch coming out for this?

• Aurdon76
    4 posts

I’ve been dealing with this issue since January on XBSX. This is only thing holding me back from 100%. I’ve uploaded a video on YouTube. I found the guy in the village and chased him for close to an hour.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 698 posts

Hey folks, thanks for your continued patience while we investigate this issue!

@mem90 The devs are still looking into it, so no updates at the moment. As soon as there is an update we will let you guys know in this thread. 🙂

@Aurdon76 Thanks for the video! I'll get this up to the developers as well.

Your continued patience is much appreciated, guys.

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

Just to let Everyone know there was a new Valhalla patch released on 27.04.2021 and this quest is still broken for me

• morphinapg1
    5 posts

I'm currently replaying the game and was able to complete this event, and I noticed something that made me remember a detail about the first time I encountered this on my main game which I thought might help the developers. When I first encountered this, I saw the two guys that say "that man needs a good push", but I did not notice the guy in the boat. Instead, I thought they were referring to a third man who was standing closer to the cliff. I did something that ended up causing that third man to fall into the water. I never ended up noticing the guy on the boat (so I can't say for sure whether he was there originally or not) but what I have noticed is that all of the times I've come back to this spot to attempt to get it to complete, I don't see that third guy near the cliff anymore. This can also be seen in the video I posted above. Perhaps that man falling into the water caused the world event to bug out. Just a thought.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics