Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hello there @Aurdon76!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to resolve the issue with the missing NPC / boat in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be deployed. As soon as we have more definite information to share, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Deviled Water" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Deviled Water" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis It's still not fixed!

I know it's not your fault but this is an absolute [censored] take! This is the last thing I need to do to get a platinum. I only leave this game on my console for the platinum.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Mem90!

Thank you for updating us following TU 1.2.2's release. I'm sorry to hear that the NPC and/or boat is still missing for you. To help the development team to investigate this further, would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The NPC/boat is still missing from the event area, preventing the world event from being completed.

We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis

Start watching from 2 mins

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you so much for providing us with a video, @Mem90!

It looks like there are NPCs you're able to interact with, including the Norse Man on the dock (the man with the beard and braided hair). Are you able to try pushing him into the water from the dock, to see if this triggers the world event to complete?

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis I can only press triangle to speak to him, there is no option to push him in the water.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know that, @Mem90. Can you try pushing him off, either by using your horse, walking into him or using unarmed melee (a friendly punch may encourage our friend to take a bath, but try to be gentle!)? Or does he remain stationary when trying this?

If he still doesn't move, can you please send us another short video that shows you're unable to force him into the water? We can then include this in your report to the development team as they investigate this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis I am very hesitant to try this. The last time I tried this, he just runs away and then you can't find him. Can the dev team just add put him.on the boat again. I'll even pay them

• Ubi-Borealis

If you are worried about the NPC running away, I'd recommend creating a manual save you can reload. This will allow you to return to the point before the NPC may run off.

We'd like you to try this workaround to ensure that there is no way to get him into the water to trigger the event completion. This test will show that the issue is still persisting on TU 1.2.2, and it will be very helpful for the following investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Mem90
    15 posts
  • sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

@mem90 I've exactly the same problem. The only thing this patch did, is put the npc back to the dock.

• Mem90
    15 posts

@sicplagu3 I think this is the common problem. Just need this for a platinum.

• sicplagu3
    Original poster 32 posts

@mem90 Same 😧 ... Thx for sharing the vids, hope this helps them to get this fixed for good.

• Mem90
    15 posts

@sicplagu3 the npc is invisible to everything. Just need him on the boat. Or can't the Devs make him easy to push in.

• Mem90
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis Is there anything else that can be done?

• Blue_Angel_PR
    3 posts

@mem90 just in case you want to try I was able to get the guy on a boat. First I took the boat down by the dock and put close to the stairs and then I kept walking to the guy with the horse after you stay next to him he will eventually keep going back. Once he is at the bottom of the stairs on the dock try keep pushing him back and he will end up standing on the boat. Then you can move boat away from dock and he will move with boat and you can destroy boat. Takes a really long time and you have to manipulate your way with the horse positioning to get the guy to keep going back. Worth a try

• kosta99pav
    3 posts

I tired doing the boat and horse thing not that hard to do it but now he lands on the water and the game still doesn’t give me the quest you have to destroy the board by boat cuz he won’t move off the boat with unarmed combat he’s just stuck on the edge of the boat and the quest isn’t being complete at this point

• kosta99pav
    3 posts

@kosta99pav I think the issue might be that the priest on the cliff is not actually praying this time round he’s just moving his arms

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@Mem90 - Thank you for sending us a video that shows you're unable to get the NPC to jump into the water. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

@Blue_Angel_PR - Thanks for sharing how you were able to get the world event to trigger for you!

@sicplagu3 & @kosta99pav - I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists for you following TU 1.2.2. I've now reopened the investigation into "Deviled Water" and included your reports, so the development team can take a closer look at this. Would you be able to provide us with any additional video footage? You mention that the NPC is now stuck on the boat for you, @kosta99pav. Would you be able to send us a video of what you're now experiencing in-game in relation to "Deviled Water?"

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics