Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 1 Likes/88 Replies/631 Views
    Asgardian02
    Original poster 1830 posts

just leaks of course, would be really great if ubisoft would do something with all the suggestions we gave them

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

Why go from forcing you to be one gender, to letting you pick, to going back to square 1?

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

didnt notice anything about that in the leak...

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

@asgardian02 it says you have to play as a woman.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

must have missed that. In that case i wont play the game though.

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

@asgardian02 Why not? What if it's more like Odyssey, or (hopefully) even better?

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

Well i am a guy and if i play a game i want to play as a guy, its as simple as that.
    I also preffer games without modern weaponry in it. During the 1700's there will be guns and such, which is just not to my liking.

A game set during in rome where it was at iets peak would be much more to my liking.
    All the corrupt rulers and leaders in the senate would fit perfectly with the order.

it would also give a more diverse terrain as it streched from england to turky and other places. That would also give more diversity in enemies and such.

• Sam_Boo26
    125 posts

I'm not convinced it's true. It could be an interesting setting, but I think there's more to know about the Hidden Ones and the Order of the Ancients becoming the Assassins and the Templars before getting a more "recent" story.

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

@asgardian02 I'm a woman and I like playing men, as I want to be something else in games, so I feel the same for different reasons ๐Ÿ˜„ They'd be going a bit overboard having 2 canonically female MC's to then completely scrap the male option next.

I was really hoping for a game set in early Medieval mainland Europe, where there were those cool city states like Novigrad from the Witcher and loads of epic castles etc, but Rome would also be great. I loved the historical characters in Odyssey you could interact with, and they could do that again with a Roman setting. Nothing against the India concept as such, but I'd like it to stay in Europe for at least 1 more game.

Also, not super keep on guns in games, but I liked Black Flag.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

well i wouldn't mind going to india before its being colonized.
    A 2000 years or more ago.. that would be really great. The culture and history over there is pretty cool.
    Lots of great armor and weaponry as well, and there is so much lore to build upon from the Mahabharata and the Ramayana.

• kreutzgang
    544 posts

@asgardian02 I'd prefer that too. Would be super-interesting.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

been in India for 6 times and have read those books and those were some truly amazing stories.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1281313/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 they showcased a warrior from that frame once on this show.

great show btw. not acurate ofcourse, but fun nonetheless.

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@kreutzgang I'm a man, but I really don't mind playing as a woman if it fits well. When given the choice, I often tend to choose a female character (e.g. in Far Cry 5, Fallout 4). In Odyssey, I played the entire game with both Kassandra and Alexios, but preferred Kassandra. But I agree with you that AC could use a (canonically) male protagonist in the next instalment.

Medieval Europe, Rome, India, China, Japan... It's all good to me if they do it right! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

playing a female as a man.. would only somehow make sense to me if the female was very female and sexy dressed etc.
    Looking at kassandra her armor wasn't even femine defined, nor is this this case for female eivor.

But hey i dont need to understand everything as long as you enjoy yourself ๐Ÿ˜›

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 I respect your opinion, even though the sexy dress you would be wearing would not be very practical in combat. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Netspook
    261 posts

Could be wrong, but I doub this very much.

After the series' reboot, they've done 3 extremely well known themes. And who the heck knows anything about India/Bangladesh/Pakistan in the 1700s? Not many outside this region, I bet.

And being forced to play as a woman? Ubi, the company that ALWAYS brags about their newer games being made by people of variuos gender identifications etc, - I don't believe for a second they'll do this with an upcoming major title.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

u miss understand, i still wouldnt choose to play as a female, but if that was the case i could possible better understand why you would play as a female being a guy yourself ๐Ÿท

• Netspook
    261 posts

@asgardian02
    Wouldn't play female either, if I have the option to play male. But we're probably the minority here. In the Youtube videos for both Odyssey and Valhalla, "everyone" is playing female.

• Asgardian02

@netspook

yeah i noticed that ๐Ÿ˜›

• hroozenbeek
    883 posts

@asgardian02 I was just joking; I fully understood what you meant. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But when I'm playing a female character in a game, she may wear comfortable and practical clothing (and armor). And when I'm playing a male character, well, the same. ๐Ÿ™‚ But then again, I always had a soft spot for Evie in Syndicate.

Community details

Users
Topics