ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DrowNoble
    Original poster 3 posts

As the title says I would hope that Ubisoft will come to its senses and stop forcing this malware on us.

It's supposed to stop piracy, but (at best) it just slows down how long it takes to crack. So honest consumers get this malware forced on them to hinder the few that try to pirate the game. Besides, isn't Ubisoft Connect a form of DRM? The store page says that your game will be activated via Ubisoft Connect after all.

Additionally, Denuvo has been shown to have a negative impact on PC performance. Longer loading times and frame rate dips are common as Denuvo "verifies" you have a legit copy. I can't even play a game offline without Denuvo... which is beyond silly.

I also take exception with the fact that it's not clearly stated on the store page that a particular game will be installing this malware. If I buy a game on Steam, it clearly says in a gold field "incorporates 3rd Party DRM Denuvo Anti-tamper".

So until Ubisoft stops this anti-consumer policy I will not be purchasing Valhalla. Lack of DRM hasn't harmed CDPR's bottom line so it won't affect Ubisoft's either.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Netspook
    329 posts

This has been taken up 1000 times in the past, and I have never seen Ubi commenting on it. They won't this time either.

And btw, game companies thinks it helps against piracy and therefore have a positive impact for them, else they wouldn't use it - after all, it's not free for them.

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@drownoble

CDPR's bottom line isn't very good really ..... The reason they released the game too early and in a buggy state was because they were going broke and because the game was so buggy and broken their Market Capitalization (based mainly on stock price) has dropped over 50% .... Plus they are getting sued by multiple investors

• pmc64
    3 posts

@netspook It's been cracked for years. There's no longer a point to it anymore. Other devs remove it after a period of time. Arkham Knight, Doom 2016, Resident Evil 7, Devil May Cry 5 are some examples. Denuvo - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game: (https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Denuvo#List_of_games_formerly_using_Denuvo_Anti-Tamper)

• longjohn119
    1035 posts
    @netspook It's been cracked for years. There's no longer a point to it anymore. Other devs remove it after a period of time. Arkham Knight, Doom 2016, Resident Evil 7, Devil May Cry 5 are some examples. Denuvo - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game: (https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Denuvo#List_of_games_formerly_using_Denuvo_Anti-Tamper)

Key word is "after a period of time" ..... Denuvo works exactly as intended it keeps the game from being cracked in the initial 3-6 months after release when they sell the most copies and at the full price ..... People who don't like IP protection are always people who never had or will ever have Intellectual Property they need to protect ....

Once you do have IP it looks a lot different watching people stealing money out of your pocket and from your own hard work ......

• Netspook
    329 posts
    People who don't like IP protection are always people who never had or will ever have Intellectual Property they need to protect ....

Rubbish.

Denuvo has caused a lot of problems in the past, you can google that yourself if you need the info. There's no suprise that there's a lot of hate.

Personally I don't have a problem with the newest versions of it, but the first ones were horrible.

• Kormac67
    1028 posts

@netspook If they removed copy protection and made game online-only instead (like Diablo 3), people would complain even more.

• Netspook
    329 posts

@kormac67

Of course people complain.

You mention Diablo 3 - remember "error 37"?
    Have you played Ghost Recon Breakpoint? Then you may remember the Argyll and Mountain errors.
    Etc.

I believe most people don't mind always-online, as long as it works. When you can't play for several days due to server/connection issues, well you wouldn't be happy either.

• tomius777
    64 posts

@pmc64 Yeah and squire enix just removed denuvo to both rise and shadow of tomb raider, but if bugisoft is not doing this, valhalla is my last game ever that i buy from them

• Druout1944
    5 posts

@drownoble Denuvo makes games unplayable on older i5/i7 CPUs that can run modern games just fine without it.

• tomius777
    64 posts

@druout1944

Yep, i have my self very old nearly stone age amd fx 8350, with 16gb 1866mhz dd3 and GTX 1660 ti.. It is very funny that Ubisoft still claims that denuvo and other dmr malwares do not affect performance, yeah right... I have legit version of AC Origins, and as you can see my pc meets the recommend reguirments, my friend has pirated version of codex AC Origins, and he has identical hardware like me.. We even got same motherboard asrock 990 extreme 3.. So my point, my Origins runs other fine but in Memphis and Alexandria there is huge FPS drops, and i mean huge, other parts of the game runs fine stable 60 fps and in in the above places there is drops sometimes as low as 26fps... My friends pirated version runs just fine in those places too and fps never drops under 44... Same goes for Odyssey too... And when Squire enix removed Denuvo from Shadow and Rise of tomb raider my average fps rose at its worst from 30-40 fps to a full steady sixty. Other exambe is Star Wars fallen order, before they take denuvo out of it it was unplayable, now i can play it just fine with out any problems... the funniest thing about it here is that although in both Origins and Odyssey my computer is enough for the recommended requirements, still Valha, which should require a lot more from the machine, spins me better than either of the previous Assasins Creed... But Ubisoft's years-long claims that denuvo and other dmr malwares would not affect the performance of games have been shown to be untrue many times and I myself have noticed it on my own machine in several games that as soon as denuvo has been removed so badly spun games run very well now.. It is just so wrong that even though my pc meets the reguirments of Odyssey far better than let say Borderlands 3 still BL3 runs far better in my pc than older Ac odyssey that not even reguire nowhere near as much from the machine.. Anyway, it's ridiculous that BL3 and Star war jedi fallen order both runs far better on my computer than AC origins or odyssey .... Besides, the fact that denuvo is still used in games that were already pirated several years ago is nothing but a nuisance to customers. I decided that as long as Ubisoft continues to use denuvo and other dmr programs, I will not buy any games from them.

• KmarkoPL
    385 posts
    Banned

@tomius777 Not gong to happen !!
    And do not discuss piracy if you want to get banned !!

• Lolt6
    86 posts

I find it funny when people are having no mind online-only games to play and defending Denuvo DRM (Especially for Kmarko though, he's shilling for Ubi), but when Intel release Alder Lake CPU it makes some game unplayable on Denuvo DRM (Again, some still defending Denuvo, blaming Intel for made it unplayable because of efficiency CPU).
    I can imagine when a game is reaching 10-years old, but still using Denuvo and having online-only for curbing piracy reason, what would happen if the internet goes total blackout?

• tcarlisle2012
    174 posts

In my 30 years of PC gaming, I have never had denuvo make a game not work.

My wife's rig uses an old fx 8350, and though I would consider it obsolete, it has not denied playing any games and she has a few Ubisoft titles -- though not this one.

The cases I have seen where CPU limitations cause games not to work, that was amd phenom II which at the time was 9 or 10 years old. The reason those games stopped working was because that CPU did not support SSE 4.2, and then all of a sudden games and updates started being distributed requiring SSE 4.2. People said that the only aspect of the game(s) that now required SSE 4.2 is just the denuvo aspect of the game. But I don' think that was ever really substantiated.

Denuvo always gets blamed for problems, yet I've never had a problem.

I think the reason it comes up in forums is to drive an agenda to get DRM removed. That just isn't going to happen.

• tomius777
    64 posts

@lolt6

Have played on computer since commodore 64 my self, care to explain if problem denovo dont cause problems how come that my fps rise on 30+fps in every other game that has denuvo removed recendly rise and shadow of tomb raider for examble...

• tomius777
    64 posts

@tomius777 and btw why every other game developers removed that [censored] if it does not cause any problems 📀

• tomius777
    64 posts

@kmarkopl

Dont care if i get banned, this bugisoft [censored] is so ridicolous that it does not matter, i dont buy any game for them any more,, AC valhalla, game breaking bugs year after release... Yep yep, Cent is not unlocking in alliance map...

"My wife's rig uses an old fx 8350, and though I would consider it obsolete, "

yeah i know its old, but absolutely not obsolete, it runs all the games that has not denuvo very well even new ones, you can find about thousands videos on you tube in many diffrerent games before and after denovo removed, if denovo does not cause any problems how come that any game that has removed that works better and more stable after the removal and run much better... This "obsolete" processor still runs even new games, For examble Cyperpunk 2077 runs just fine, and high and medium settings not low... Red dead redemtion 2 runs just fine, actually even Ac valhalla runs just fine with high settings (40-61fps) so i really would not say its obsolete, it is old that is true, but when it still can run 99 prosent of the games it is far from obsolete, by the way how do you explain those fps differences between legal and cracked origins and odyssey if denuvo does not cause problems---?? I still have to say this, my "obsolete" fx runs every game in my libarys just fine, i mean every else than AC Origins and Odyssey, and i have 34 games installed and over 200 games in total.. So might it be that the problem really is that denuvo, because even lots never games runs just fine..as long as they do not have denuvo, and even Valhalla with newer denuvo runs just fine, but that older cancer they used on origins and odyssey not run fine, though problems in both games are in Alexandria and Athens, other than that those both runs stable 60fps, but as i said my friend has exactly same setup than mine and hes got cracked versions and they run just fine. So if problem is definetily caused by that useless denuvo.. By the way here is article on the matter, it seems that every game that has removed denuvo cancer has gained high performance boost after that.. https://exputer.com/news/industry/ubisoft-blames-applications-not-denuvo/: (https://exputer.com/news/industry/ubisoft-blames-applications-not-denuvo)
    At the end i put screenshots in my AC valhalla settings and performance, as you can see they are not half bad, and if processor really were obsolete this game definitely wont run like this, these are taken from winchester withc is one of the biggest cities in game

• tomius777
    64 posts

@tcarlisle2012

My "obsolete" processor runs AC valhalla now after new grafics drivers like this , not bad for a "obsolete" stone age processor...and this is taken for Jorvik that is one of the biggest cities in the game so...

• tomius777
    64 posts

@tcarlisle2012

Yeah that is not going to happen because we dealing with bugisoft, they have no intrest to keep pc customers satisfied because they focused on their console customers now, it has been that way many years now, they are the only comppany in the gaming industry who still claims that denuvo does not affect the performance all the other developers have all ready admitted the matter... Squire eńix removed denovo from both newer Tomb raiders, result more stable and +-30FPS more in both rise and shadow of tomb raider, EA removed denuvo from multiple games including star wars jedi fallen order, same result,
    +- 30 FPS more... Rocksteady removed denuvo from Batman arkham knight same result, So please tell me again that denuvo does not affect performance... There are literally thousands videos on you tube that shows results of multiple games before and after removing that cancer malware, all the games has significant FPS boost and shorter loading times etc... And this have been know to years now.. The only developers that still claims that is not so are Bugisoft... it is ridiculous because anyone who has played games that recently has denuvo removed can see it for them selves, on top of all that, these greedy rotten eggs are blamed for their own poor optimizations as well as poor performance from third-party software like Discord but in fact that is due to denuvo... And by the way if their just listen to their LEGAL CUSTOMERS like other comppanies do https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/denuvo-drm-removed-from-upcoming-strategy-game-dev-blames-performance-impact/: (https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/denuvo-drm-removed-from-upcoming-strategy-game-dev-blames-performance-impact) BTW squire enix removed denuvo just yesterday from Life is strange because it has negative effect on performance and that game is published four freekin days ago https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/pqmauo/square_enix_removed_denuvo_from_life_is_strange/
    So any other game developers has heard their customers but not the greedy BUGISOFT and nobody else has accused third-party programs of poor performance, in fact, all other gaming companies have admitted that denuvo causes though and what negative performance

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/282924-denuvo-really-does-cripple-pc-gaming-performance: (https://extremetech.com/gaming/282924-denuvo-really-does-cripple-pc-gaming-performance)

Suggested Topics