Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• adtc5812
    Original poster 11 posts

I don't drink. I don't even, in game play.
    I have an alcohol problem so being forced to consume it really bothers me. Why force people to participate in something they wish not to?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@adtc5812 First of all, I am sorry to hear you have an alcohol problem.

If you find content in the game causing you to feel so unpleasant, may I suggest you stop playing?

Before the game is launched, unless I remembered wrongly, there already were teasers showing that drinking would be a feature in the game.

Back in ACIV, hunting marine creatures was a feature and it was attacked by animal lovers. I love animals, but since killing all marine creatures was tied to an achievement (I believe), I had to kill them. The thought that I was "forced" to do so never crossed my mind.

In Fable, to get all Demon Doors, the protagonist must have a "relationship" with NPCs, and I generally avoid getting into a relationship with NPCs in games (same in Valhalla). Still, I never thought that the game was forcing me to do something I avoid in real life.

As much as I sound like a jerk, I need to be frank: games really can't cater to all kinds of people in this world. There are people having phobias of all kinds of stuff, or find any kinds of actions repulsive, but if all that has to be taken into consideration, there will be too many restrictions and nearly no games can be designed.

Back to your case, I sincerely hope you can find a solution to your problem.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@ImaginaryRuins Ubisoft constantly brags how their games are for everyone, well are they or aren't they?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@adtc5812 You don't have to do the drinking games. There may be one or 2 that you are forced to do, but they are rare. I absolutely loathe the mechanic, so I avoided them as much as possible; even to the point of googling where that one order member is as I would have RQ trying to win a drinking contest.

I mean yeah, if it causes you a problem it sucks, but Vikings did drink, and in this game you are also forced to do drugs, more so than drink actually. *shrug* IN fact, I read somewhere that people constantly drank ale, beer, mead etc back in the day because it was safer than the water they had access to in many situations.

• adtc5812
    Original poster 11 posts

@imaginaryruins i have no problem with them putting it in the game. Just add an option to not do it. Especially something like drug use (the circles) or drinking, gambling ect, can be avoided. However adding it to necessitate moving the game forward is what I'm addressing. For those who don't have issues with the soul sucking life crushing demons called addiction, enjoy playing as you will, just make it so those of us who wish to not open that door again can too.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@adtc5812 can you refer us to where we have to drink? Like I said the drug use seems considerably more forced to me with those adrenaline shrooms.

• adtc5812
    Original poster 11 posts

@kreutzgang the quest with the the lady at the table. You take her out for the day.

• adtc5812
    Original poster 11 posts

Randvi. It shows golden letters when you go to the table.

• Slimgrin
    20 posts

You have more than an alcohol problem.

• adtc5812
    Original poster 11 posts

Lol. Maybe, maybe.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@adtc5812 Ah okay. That's an optional quest though. I know it sucks big time if you want to romance her. Can you just afk until it's over, or close your eyes and randomly click? That's what I do with TV. IK it sounds childish, but it does the trick haha.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    88 posts

A game.

A game.

A game.

Come on, if you have not a wife ubi should take away romance because you are sad?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
  • TORFINR
    351 posts

You are also forced to kill, can you imagine that: forced to kill in an Assassi... oh wait.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@torfinr Haha. True! I've never got why game/r/s are all uppity about stuff like nudity or substance use, when you can massacre everything around. Okay Valhalla won't let you kill civilians but still xD

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@slimgrin It's hella obvious that you're the one who has the problem Mary...

• gearsmonger
    48 posts

@adtc5812 I mean... the Vikings drank... a lot... Of all the things Ubisoft got wrong here, ranging from weapons used to gay relationships... I'm just glad they got one thing right about the time period.

• Kormac67
    613 posts

Love it when you manually drink from one of the barrels a few times she dunks her head in. 😄

• evilhippo
    78 posts

@adtc5812 I don't kill people in real life but I'm ok with doing so in a game. And this game pretty much forces you to kill people in-game.

• Kream
    55 posts

@adtc5812 Is it possible to think them as sodas? Like really strong carbonated one? And all the people in-game have weak resistance towards it somehow? Like, back in the days, people were so clean on the inside that even sodas do the job? Whenever there's something in-game that doesn't make sense to me, I persuade myself saying, 'It is that and this so it does make sense'. I know your situation is more serious but I wanted to help and this is all I got.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics