Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@torfinr

yes indeed. its really hard to find enemies and killing the same patrols over and over is super boring.
    I already have every single item found maxed out and still 133 tungston in stock

• Quor321
    222 posts

@asgardian02 Um, you're not done with the story. More to come, more to do, game came out just what?, a few months ago? Hold the criticism till it's all said and done. Go play another game for a while, ride a bike, clean your room. Something...

• XX-Artorias-XX
    86 posts

@quor321 the problem Is that valhalla is AN open world, a big, open world, not a story driven game.

And open world Is ,empty, boring

Game like this should offer a lot of Activity ,not Just watch a video and goes till the end of the story.

• TORFINR
    320 posts

@quor321 While I understand what you have in mind I dont agree:
    an RPG is meant to have replayability. We're not in the 80s anymore, a clear "Game Over" is not acceptable anymore.
    As for those who dont care, it's not their problem anyway, as that matter concerns only those who want to play beyond the main story arc.
    And it's my case, and judging from the amount of players who enjoyed Odyssey's endgame for 1000 or up to 1500+ hours, I am not the only one.
    Valhalla is not ready for that. Yet. We're preparing, suggesting, imagining its future 😉

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

well said.

I do remember the game 20 years ago where you were finished in 20hours. I dont miss this time.

@Quor321
    In this day and age games what to offer you a game as an ongoing service, hence the MTX's or so they say to accommodate for that... on top of a full price mind you.
    Yet this game doesnt offer any replay value whatsoever. So basically we should then wait 2 year with buying the game to have full acces, cos thats what your saying, that they released an unfinished game?
    certainly feels so. Dont know if you have finished everything yet, but once you do, you will see how its just a big empty world and its sad.

Also when i compare it to the witcher3 (6year old).. valhalla doesnt even have ppl to talk too. There is not a different night and day cycle. WShat i mean in witcher3 you could a lot of of stuff that was not possible during the day and vica versa.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 Yep it's really tedious. Even just looking for stuff to do is boring as you have to run or ride for dumb amounts of time without encountering anything besides the odd wolf and I haven't even cleared all the points on the map because it's simply not interesting. Another curse. Yay. Another Roman artefact. Yay. Another shroom patch and some random 1-time enemy spawns. Yay. And the anomalies and cairns can go stuff themselves after a certain point. Sure there are the hunting and fishing goals, but as someone who doesn't enjoy killing animals (I literally cannot bring myself to kill seals, foxes etc), I won't complete them anyway, also the fishing isn't even remotely fun, it's just nope, so I'm never going to get 100% completion like I did with Odyssey anyway.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

spoiler

The cairns werent to bad either, just 2 were really annoying. The shrooms were easy and i like the patterns on the stones puzzles.
    Doing all the artifacts will give you a roman shield though.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 I hate the anomalies with a passion. The first ones were fine, but at some point she just starts constantly plummeting to nowhere in spite of pointing in the right direction and then respawning before one of those hideous red beam things that make me foam at the mouth. I wish they'd provided different routes, where you could either figure out the puzzle or knock yourself out with the bad parcour, instead of forcing us to do both. I find it weird we cannot jump backwards like we could in AC2 - why scrap a mechanic like that? As I said before, I'd spend Helix credits to avoid them, lmao. The Cairns too were okay for a long time, but the last few I found overtax my patience. I don't want to spend 3 hrs on that. And Roman shield. Pfft, I don't even use shields except for those weekly challenges. 😄 But another thing, they could have made it so people who enjoy that stuff could repeat it.

• Viem
    54 posts

I am pretty sure repeatable quests (Contracts) will be added soon, in the same fashion they did in Odyssey (Contracts from the Statues or the ship's log). Hopefully*

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@viem Also hopefully with more variety than the 4 Reda has 😄

• Quor321
    222 posts

@xx-artorias-xx Is it really that surprising that a game with known up coming content starts with mostly just a main story?

I totally agree it's an open world game that needs more to do outside of the story. As I said, maybe we should hold judgement till all content is released. A year from know you all could be saying it's far better then Odyssey. Unfortunately it was released in this manner.

We also need to take into account that most of the complaints on this subject are those that take the time to pound out all given content in less then a month then hit the forums. Many, if not the majority of players are still happily working through the game as is. Some may even be bothered by the speed of the next content release.

Two sides to every coin, and this is an unfinished coin.

• TORFINR
    320 posts

@viem Maybe those repeatable quests will be added... or maybe not.
    The problem is that Valhalla isnt build around them, while in Odyssey it was a feature existing from day 1.
    I think that February update will show us what Valhalla is really about. Until then we cant really say. But if by February the game looks as empty as it is now, we can, without taking too much risks, say that Valhalla will be a lower level Odyssey/Origins. And the up to come expansions will be just artificial things for keeping us entertained for a few weeks, while most of us were waiting for being entertained for months, if not years.

• TORFINR
    320 posts

@quor321 Games can only be judged by those who play them to their limits. The comments and opinions of casual players playing them at 30% of what they meant to be played is irrelevant. At least when it comes to judge if a game is worth playing beyond the main story arc. If you're not in that category, you'll be most probably playing another game while we'll still trying to find some fun in Valhalla, so it is not your business. If you're not interested in the future of Valhalla, dont comment on it. We are VERY concerned about it. Let it to people who care.

• ImaginaryRuins
    360 posts

From AC1 all the way up to Syndicate, the open worlds of Assassins' Creed are all "empty" after every main and side activities are finished. So no surprise for me.

In my opinion, having nothing left to do actually conveys the feeling of completion better. You worked hard, you collected everything, and now you have officially finished the game, just like completely reading a book and putting it back on the bookshelf, feeling proud.

If they add new replayable content I certainly welcome it, but if not, I will not feel enraged or disappointed.

• Asgardian02

@imaginaryruins

if that is how its meant to be, there is no purpose that have created that big world in the 1st place.
    Its just marketing then, so we made an open world to grab players that like that, but in fact its just an empty world.

Odyssey was from the get go in a much better shape and already had replayble quests in every village and town.
    certain feature that were already made for odyssey could just have been in implemented into valhalla

• Viem
    54 posts

Odyssey and Origins felt empty even before completion (the endless streatches of empty dunes in Origins and the lifeless mountain areas of Odyssey are SCREAMING emptyness), Valhalla is way more dense than any of the last 3 ACs. I understand general frustration especially regarding challenging combat and repeatables, which at this point make the game feel rushed - i mean if Ubisoft new how bad CP2077 was, they would have probably acted otherwise - but, let's not overreact here.

• Asgardian02

@viem

the big difference is that odyssey had many replay options, which Valhalla simple has none off.
    in addition to that are big forts now hold allies instead of enemies, so where do you even go to to fight a few enemies.

Not sure where you are btw within Valhalla at what stages of completion or even what lvl you have at t his moment.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah i am 130 hours, 50% so the world is still rich to me. But yeah,once i get to 100% i believe i will face the same issues since there are no repeatables (outside Reda).

• Asgardian02

@viem

I figured as much.

Well so basically you are making conclusions and are responding to an issue where in your status within the game you cannot rightly make a judgement just yet.
    As i am saying within my opening post, this concerns players who have finished everything.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics