Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@viem

the big difference is that odyssey had many replay options, which Valhalla simple has none off.
    in addition to that are big forts now hold allies instead of enemies, so where do you even go to to fight a few enemies.

Not sure where you are btw within Valhalla at what stages of completion or even what lvl you have at t his moment.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah i am 130 hours, 50% so the world is still rich to me. But yeah,once i get to 100% i believe i will face the same issues since there are no repeatables (outside Reda).

• Asgardian02

@viem

I figured as much.

Well so basically you are making conclusions and are responding to an issue where in your status within the game you cannot rightly make a judgement just yet.
    As i am saying within my opening post, this concerns players who have finished everything.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed!

• Quor321
    222 posts

@torfinr Lol, okay entitled one.

30% or 100% don't matter, anyone has the right to their opinion. Not sure how that is in any way a rebuttal to my comment. Or why you think I expressed a lack of concern for the game. I wouldn't comment if I didn't care. I simply just put a reminder out their that the game is new, wait till the end of ALL content before judgement.

With that said I do understand the concerns with bugs/glitches. As far as content goes I am patient, and won't make rediculous demands for more so early after release.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

It does matter, you can only truly give your opinion if you have finished the book or finished watching a movie.
    You cant rightly give a review with only 30% content finished.

You havent experienced yet all the stuff we talk about. I am happy for you that you enjoy the game thusfar and your in a little bubble which is fine too.

But really finish the game in its entirety and lvl up till 490 or something and then comment back.

• Quor321
    222 posts

@asgardian02 I am well over 30%, 70 some odd percent i think. 30 or 70 is more then enough to see the effects of content out of the main story. If I was commenting on the story then I agree, but we are talking about repeatable content. What to do when not playing the story. In a RPG you don't need to finish the story to play, understand, or comment on replayable content or lack there of.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@quor321 I get that excessive complaining can be disheartening. However, I just skimmed the Immortals Fenyx Rising forums, and there are both less people moaning and actual people from Ubisoft engaging the community, and not only to lock threads where people are being obnoxious, which seems to be the case here. It also seems to have been released with NG+ and the first DLC seems to be coming a lot sooner too. With such a direct comparison, it's really understandable people are annoyed, and the shenanigans with the Helix store armours being nerfed ain't helping either. These forums are really just a handful of people repeating themselves to one another, myself included.

• WildHunt
    62 posts

As with everything in Valhalla, "Odyssey did it better". The problem with Valhalla seems to be how the devs have completely ignored all the progress Odyssey made for the franchise and only looked at how they could improve on Origins. Hopefully, these repeatable raids are good but the game really needs way more added to it for the end game, similar to how alive the world feels in Odyssey where you have loads to do.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@wildhunt that's exactly how it seems to me. It's like Odyssey never happened.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

its just as this guy says :

and the fact that these studios dont seem to communicate to make their next entree better then the previous, instead each one of these studios want to make their own mark.
    But both could be possible i would say

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 I actually enjoyed the ship combat - but I hated it in Origins b/c I had no idea what I was doing as it was such a minor element, so I'm wondering if maybe it's complaints about it in Origins that they reacted to. It's also strange because it's been in a lot of AC games, particularly Black Flag which is usually considered one of the best ones ... It was def. way more fun than all the annoying puzzles we are stuck with now. I also only used 3 abilities with any regularity, not counting trying them out and then deciding not to bother anymore.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

all that i use is the harpoon, this due to the fact that when i engage enemies they start running away at all directions, every single time 😞
    I dont know why

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 Try running away from them.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

i have decided to stop playing for now. There is just no point to collect more ressources or lv up as every lvl up doesnt offer you anything.

more info about river raids would have been nice from ubisoft, especially since compared to odyssey they havent released anything really yet since the start of this game.
    Yule was more an annoyance then anything else really.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 Isn't it just certain enemies that run away? Murderers/hurlers etc?

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

I already went back and started a new game + on Odyssey. It's so much better; Valhalla was a huge face plant into the mud. Epic fail.

• Asgardian02

@shaiwan43

yeah i re-installed odyssey this weekend, and now that it has been 2 years that i played it its a good time to do a NG+
    Armor looks so good in odyssey btw, that its just mind blowing what happend to valhalla.

• Quor321
    222 posts

@kreutzgang Ya the same people making the same threads with slightly different titles over and over.

I agree Valhalla needs some work and this issues with the store just compound the problem. In no way do I defend Ubi in those areas. I think Valhalla has some great qualities, I remain hopeful that the expansions make it the complete RPG most are looking for.

These entitled snowflakes covering the forums with comments like above saying opinions don't matter unless you have completed the game are part of the reason Ubi is not going to engage. Also that fynx game is new, nothing to compare to for the complainers and Ubi is probably more curious to see what people think of it would be my guess.

• TORFINR
    320 posts
    @asgardian02 I am well over 30%, 70 some odd percent i think. 30 or 70 is more then enough to see the effects of content out of the main story. If I was commenting on the story then I agree, but we are talking about repeatable content. What to do when not playing the story. In a RPG you don't need to finish the story to play, understand, or comment on replayable content or lack there of.

How can you comment on the endgame if you havent reached the endgame?!
    We're discussing about the game when the main story arc is played and when you are far away in masteries and you are not there.
    Of course it is great and fun and you'll find variety, the great treasures, the cairns, the mysteries, the quests of the main arc, animations, all that... but when it is played, it's over.
    I'm sure that once you'll be there you'll come here to whine about it like with us 😉

Also, basing a positive judgement on "possibiltiies" of features to come is risky. They may come, they may not. They may save the game, they may not save it. Judging what we have, now, is the only solution. Take river raids for example. On the paper they sound good. But will they be good? If it's three instanced maps, wont they become repetitive very fast? And how are they supposed to make England's gameplay better?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics