Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@kreutzgang

i have decided to stop playing for now. There is just no point to collect more ressources or lv up as every lvl up doesnt offer you anything.

more info about river raids would have been nice from ubisoft, especially since compared to odyssey they havent released anything really yet since the start of this game.
    Yule was more an annoyance then anything else really.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Isn't it just certain enemies that run away? Murderers/hurlers etc?

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

I already went back and started a new game + on Odyssey. It's so much better; Valhalla was a huge face plant into the mud. Epic fail.

• Asgardian02

@shaiwan43

yeah i re-installed odyssey this weekend, and now that it has been 2 years that i played it its a good time to do a NG+
    Armor looks so good in odyssey btw, that its just mind blowing what happend to valhalla.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@kreutzgang Ya the same people making the same threads with slightly different titles over and over.

I agree Valhalla needs some work and this issues with the store just compound the problem. In no way do I defend Ubi in those areas. I think Valhalla has some great qualities, I remain hopeful that the expansions make it the complete RPG most are looking for.

These entitled snowflakes covering the forums with comments like above saying opinions don't matter unless you have completed the game are part of the reason Ubi is not going to engage. Also that fynx game is new, nothing to compare to for the complainers and Ubi is probably more curious to see what people think of it would be my guess.

• TORFINR
    373 posts
    @asgardian02 I am well over 30%, 70 some odd percent i think. 30 or 70 is more then enough to see the effects of content out of the main story. If I was commenting on the story then I agree, but we are talking about repeatable content. What to do when not playing the story. In a RPG you don't need to finish the story to play, understand, or comment on replayable content or lack there of.

How can you comment on the endgame if you havent reached the endgame?!
    We're discussing about the game when the main story arc is played and when you are far away in masteries and you are not there.
    Of course it is great and fun and you'll find variety, the great treasures, the cairns, the mysteries, the quests of the main arc, animations, all that... but when it is played, it's over.
    I'm sure that once you'll be there you'll come here to whine about it like with us 😉

Also, basing a positive judgement on "possibiltiies" of features to come is risky. They may come, they may not. They may save the game, they may not save it. Judging what we have, now, is the only solution. Take river raids for example. On the paper they sound good. But will they be good? If it's three instanced maps, wont they become repetitive very fast? And how are they supposed to make England's gameplay better?

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

Couldnt agree more.

also its been ages since they gave us any tidbits of information about this.
    Would be nice to know at least when the exact date is that this will be released and give us more information to boot.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

I want to touch on the subject of general consumer satisfaction versus what's said in forums. There is very low activity here, and I have the feeling the majority of people here either liked the game but think it has some significant flaws or didn't like it at all, and this leads us to believe anyone from Ubi may be interested in our feedback. However, the vast majority of consumers never visit forums, especially if they are happy. Someone did a poll in an AC group I'm in on FB asking about players' general satisfaction, and of the almost 600 people who voted, over 75% were completely satisfied with the experience, and less than 8% thought it was downright bad.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

@kreutzgang Once more, if we judge only the main story arc experience, it makes sense. It's good. Valhalla is a good game for 90-120 hours. Odyssey is a good game for 1500+ hours. The difference is there. Mr. "I jump from game to game" was fully satisfied with Valhalla, and by the time we read his reviews, he's most probably already playing another game...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@torfinr You're right. But to what extent can we assume anyone gives even the smallest F what is said here, when the vast majority of consumers are satisfied and of those that aren't only a fraction say anything? I'd hope that they would at least in future improve upon the last entries and the series, rather than acting like the one before never happened at all.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@torfinr More to this thread then talk of what to do after the story. And no I don't need to be done with the story to see what is left after.

Repeatable content. Often in a RPG it can be done during and after the story. That is where my comments are focused. As I made clear before I do agree the game is lacking, but there is more to come. Will it be great or a flop, I don't know but it's coming. Not sure why everyone gets there panties in a bunch over an incomplete game. Especially when you know more is coming.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

its quite simple, a lot of ppl have complete the entire content a lot faster then you and are disappointing there is nothing left to do but wait till who knows when.
    Those ppl myself included would have liked it if they could do replayable content till the time that whatever fresh content is coming.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

@kreutzgang Ah you're right, fully right. We can only "hope" that Ubi will care about our humble wishes, we're a water drop in the ocean.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

@quor321 Sure, it's possible, we can hope they will add repeatable content. But you remember Odyssey, the boards for the contracts/repeatable missions were present in the game at day one. So you think they will add that kind of boards in the future patches/dlc? We have very little information about the up to come features, but I remember reading something about the new ones they planned to add in the game, and the river raids were already there (months ago), but no mention of repeatable quests.

The new game+ is something we can expect though, which is awesome, think about it: we'll be able to redo all the mysteries of the map, provide again eggs to the farting woman, steal again the clothes in the nudist camp, stack again stones, redo all the awesome puzzles of the map, find again hidden keys like the Lara Crofts we pretend to be. Wow, cant wait 😵

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

dude with NG+ i certainly wont do all that crap again 😞

• PappyBoid
    2 posts

@asgardian02 It would be nice if after we complete the game, it is available again at a higher difficulty level. That way we could replay the entire game without losing any progress. It would also be nice if monasteries respawned. It wouldn't affect the storyline but would allow us to keep raiding. Let the difficulty increase after each raid and before the next.

One other thing, a lot of people scoff at the Diablo franchise, but I am still playing the original game I bought in 1996. That's replayability.

• Asgardian02

@pappyboid

dude i played Diablo3 for 3000 hours over the course of the last 10years.

It is still a fantastic game, sure sometimes i skip a few seasons, but every season is just a fresh start and always fun.
    There is so much great stuff there that ubi could really learn from.

As for the monasteries, you can raid them if you want, the enemies respawn, but whats the point. lvleing past a certain threshold doesnt do anything for you.
    I play on drengr, unfortunately it isnt difficult in any way and thats sad.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

@asgardian02 me neither, I reassure you, I was joking. But whats the point in a NG+ then?

I have something like 4 NG+ in Origins, and 3 in Odyssey. I took pleasure at redoing some secondary quests (not all of them, but some, as their stories were really interesting) and of course I recleaned a part of the map, for the "thrill of the kill". A fresh map, with clean forts and citadels, that's what I wanted to experience: combat, infinite combat in a combat game! But expect the random troops roaming on the roads of England, no such things in Valhalla, at least not of the same scale. Valhalla is about puzzles, solving enigmas, finding your path for finding keys, ... not about killing. I know I sound barbarian, but am I not allowed to sound like a barbarian in a game they sold us with the #livelikeaviking tag. At least it's not what most of us had in mind...

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

i am with you. Most of its core mechanics are about combat: runes, gear, skilltree, abilities and so yet there is almost nothing to combat in the game.
    Whenever you do get a chance to slay a few enemies the entire combat is slowed down with the annoying finishers moves 😞

Odyssey had similar issues where i was missing more enemies at once, but sure you had greece/spartan battles and arena and other stuff.
    I mostly wish when you select a harder difficulty setting that the entire world would be more hostile towards you and that there would be more enemies.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Plus in Odyssey you could do those battles as often as you wanted, forts refilled, the ocean was full of ships.

Suggested Topics