Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Quor321
    232 posts

@xx-artorias-xx Is it really that surprising that a game with known up coming content starts with mostly just a main story?

I totally agree it's an open world game that needs more to do outside of the story. As I said, maybe we should hold judgement till all content is released. A year from know you all could be saying it's far better then Odyssey. Unfortunately it was released in this manner.

We also need to take into account that most of the complaints on this subject are those that take the time to pound out all given content in less then a month then hit the forums. Many, if not the majority of players are still happily working through the game as is. Some may even be bothered by the speed of the next content release.

Two sides to every coin, and this is an unfinished coin.

• TORFINR
    375 posts

@viem Maybe those repeatable quests will be added... or maybe not.
    The problem is that Valhalla isnt build around them, while in Odyssey it was a feature existing from day 1.
    I think that February update will show us what Valhalla is really about. Until then we cant really say. But if by February the game looks as empty as it is now, we can, without taking too much risks, say that Valhalla will be a lower level Odyssey/Origins. And the up to come expansions will be just artificial things for keeping us entertained for a few weeks, while most of us were waiting for being entertained for months, if not years.

• TORFINR
    375 posts

@quor321 Games can only be judged by those who play them to their limits. The comments and opinions of casual players playing them at 30% of what they meant to be played is irrelevant. At least when it comes to judge if a game is worth playing beyond the main story arc. If you're not in that category, you'll be most probably playing another game while we'll still trying to find some fun in Valhalla, so it is not your business. If you're not interested in the future of Valhalla, dont comment on it. We are VERY concerned about it. Let it to people who care.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

From AC1 all the way up to Syndicate, the open worlds of Assassins' Creed are all "empty" after every main and side activities are finished. So no surprise for me.

In my opinion, having nothing left to do actually conveys the feeling of completion better. You worked hard, you collected everything, and now you have officially finished the game, just like completely reading a book and putting it back on the bookshelf, feeling proud.

If they add new replayable content I certainly welcome it, but if not, I will not feel enraged or disappointed.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@imaginaryruins

if that is how its meant to be, there is no purpose that have created that big world in the 1st place.
    Its just marketing then, so we made an open world to grab players that like that, but in fact its just an empty world.

Odyssey was from the get go in a much better shape and already had replayble quests in every village and town.
    certain feature that were already made for odyssey could just have been in implemented into valhalla

• Viem
    54 posts

Odyssey and Origins felt empty even before completion (the endless streatches of empty dunes in Origins and the lifeless mountain areas of Odyssey are SCREAMING emptyness), Valhalla is way more dense than any of the last 3 ACs. I understand general frustration especially regarding challenging combat and repeatables, which at this point make the game feel rushed - i mean if Ubisoft new how bad CP2077 was, they would have probably acted otherwise - but, let's not overreact here.

• Asgardian02

@viem

the big difference is that odyssey had many replay options, which Valhalla simple has none off.
    in addition to that are big forts now hold allies instead of enemies, so where do you even go to to fight a few enemies.

Not sure where you are btw within Valhalla at what stages of completion or even what lvl you have at t his moment.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah i am 130 hours, 50% so the world is still rich to me. But yeah,once i get to 100% i believe i will face the same issues since there are no repeatables (outside Reda).

• Asgardian02

@viem

I figured as much.

Well so basically you are making conclusions and are responding to an issue where in your status within the game you cannot rightly make a judgement just yet.
    As i am saying within my opening post, this concerns players who have finished everything.

• Viem
    54 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed!

• Quor321
    232 posts

@torfinr Lol, okay entitled one.

30% or 100% don't matter, anyone has the right to their opinion. Not sure how that is in any way a rebuttal to my comment. Or why you think I expressed a lack of concern for the game. I wouldn't comment if I didn't care. I simply just put a reminder out their that the game is new, wait till the end of ALL content before judgement.

With that said I do understand the concerns with bugs/glitches. As far as content goes I am patient, and won't make rediculous demands for more so early after release.

• Asgardian02

@quor321

It does matter, you can only truly give your opinion if you have finished the book or finished watching a movie.
    You cant rightly give a review with only 30% content finished.

You havent experienced yet all the stuff we talk about. I am happy for you that you enjoy the game thusfar and your in a little bubble which is fine too.

But really finish the game in its entirety and lvl up till 490 or something and then comment back.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 I am well over 30%, 70 some odd percent i think. 30 or 70 is more then enough to see the effects of content out of the main story. If I was commenting on the story then I agree, but we are talking about repeatable content. What to do when not playing the story. In a RPG you don't need to finish the story to play, understand, or comment on replayable content or lack there of.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@quor321 I get that excessive complaining can be disheartening. However, I just skimmed the Immortals Fenyx Rising forums, and there are both less people moaning and actual people from Ubisoft engaging the community, and not only to lock threads where people are being obnoxious, which seems to be the case here. It also seems to have been released with NG+ and the first DLC seems to be coming a lot sooner too. With such a direct comparison, it's really understandable people are annoyed, and the shenanigans with the Helix store armours being nerfed ain't helping either. These forums are really just a handful of people repeating themselves to one another, myself included.

• WildHunt
    129 posts

As with everything in Valhalla, "Odyssey did it better". The problem with Valhalla seems to be how the devs have completely ignored all the progress Odyssey made for the franchise and only looked at how they could improve on Origins. Hopefully, these repeatable raids are good but the game really needs way more added to it for the end game, similar to how alive the world feels in Odyssey where you have loads to do.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@wildhunt that's exactly how it seems to me. It's like Odyssey never happened.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

its just as this guy says :

and the fact that these studios dont seem to communicate to make their next entree better then the previous, instead each one of these studios want to make their own mark.
    But both could be possible i would say

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I actually enjoyed the ship combat - but I hated it in Origins b/c I had no idea what I was doing as it was such a minor element, so I'm wondering if maybe it's complaints about it in Origins that they reacted to. It's also strange because it's been in a lot of AC games, particularly Black Flag which is usually considered one of the best ones ... It was def. way more fun than all the annoying puzzles we are stuck with now. I also only used 3 abilities with any regularity, not counting trying them out and then deciding not to bother anymore.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

all that i use is the harpoon, this due to the fact that when i engage enemies they start running away at all directions, every single time 😞
    I dont know why

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Try running away from them.

Suggested Topics