Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    375 posts
    @pappyboid

dude i played Diablo3 for 3000 hours over the course of the last 10years.

The comparaison with D3 is great, that's exacly what I had in mind, what an RPG can and should be. Of course the gameplay is not the same, but the core idea is that the game should be build for more than a unique playthrough.
    It's really odd here as Origins was already going that way, Odyssey pushed it to the limit of perfection and then came Valhalla, the true heir of Origins/Odyssey, and... nothing. Five years or so of development reverted. It's hard to understand.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@kreutzgang

yes, that got boring after some too ofcourse, but at least lvling up was meaningfull and the mastery system was great.

here lvls means nothing and the mastery system is just crap. With 5 additional lvls your health is still the same and your attack too, so why keep lvling.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

i feel exactly the same way.

especially loot wise ac franshise could learn a lot from diablo. Here we only have sets and enemies drops nothing except flowers, grass or pillows, that doesnt keep me playing 😞

Why do we only have sets, why not epic items, legendary item, mystic and unique items. Why is everything with heavy or light damage. its all very lack luster. some pieces weight 2 or 3 more, but whats the point?
    Its not like the semi cloth armor has more attack and the plate armor has increasingly more tankyness, nothing of that is in place, its so weird and pointless.

Then the skill tree, at 1st i though ow thats cool! Lets goo bear and wear bear gear.. But in the end it doesnt matter as everything is filled out. Such a shame.
    Would be so much better if you were actually limited in what you could spend. that if you would spend mostly points in raven you totally would want to use a raven set for example. But now nothing even matters really its far too easy as well.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 yeah sure, but clearing all the spots on the map is just more fun when there's other stuff like that to do - there are the mercs as well ofc. Valhalla is really grindy in a super boring way after the main quest is done, it's just fishing and slaughtering wild animals, most of which are just minding their own business, basically.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

valhalla is not focused on combat but on puzzles, everything is about that. Were odyssey was maybe lacking in that department in valhalla they went overboard and beyond, also referencing to those weird runes and the many secrets we as players havent yet dicovered according to the devs. This morning i did this secret part here:

Pretty cool, but another puzzle and ofcourse zero reward at the end.

That a big problem, your not being reward for anything. If there is a reward like with the crazy amount of fidh quests the reward is not even worth all.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 well that's pretty cool, but how many people are gonna figure it out for themselves lol

• MHwtf
    57 posts

As someone who genuinely hates Odyssey perhaps I'm not the targeting audience of this post 😅

My problem with Odyssey has always been the endless grinding. The same type of contents filling up the whole map and it keeps adding up. It's like asking for mayo on your sandwich but getting a [censored] instead: it's too much. In Valhalla my experience is much better. World events and gears promoted me just enough to roam the whole map and see what's going on.

Is it "not enough open world"? But I really don't need 2000 hrs to feel what it's like living in viking age England. The world already feels much more alive because it's filled with stories instead of killing this and robbing that. For ppl like me it's quality way over quantity. (Problem of an info-overload age: there're too many games and too little time...)

But hey, AC is not GTA. It never aims to be. It's a franchise that they release every year (honestly please settle on every 2 years Ubisoft you're doing much better), so maybe it's not aiming for a GTA playtime?

Maybe ubisoft could patch in more generated contract stuff, but keeping it from something you'll have to do to 100% the game, and everyone might be happy?

I doubt they ever have the self-restrain to not shove it in player's face though 😞

(Bring back AC online feature then!)
    (Fix avenge system first omfg ubisoft [censored])

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 uhhhh, I'm obviously aware that many have completed the game faster then I have. I am aware there is a lack of repeatable content. Is that really all you and your cronies can do is repeat.

I stopped playing for a bit so I can come back when more content is added then finish the story plus enjoy the new stuff. Just checking in the forums now and then.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@mhwtf Valhalla is much more grindy imo. Map markers bringing up the same activities over and over, tons of "side quests" that require you to slaughter endless amounts of non-aggressive critters, collect x amount of stuff, etc, and trying to figure out how to get to chests containing nowt but leather and iron ends up feeling a bit like that too, though not quite as bad.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I was just thinking about that video you posted. Just watching it and doing as it says is okay, but imagine the anticlimax if you went to the actual effort of figuring all that out? I wonder if the deciphered note at the end means anything, or if that's really just it.

I also wonder if there's any actual point to the Rigsogur. You collect it and then? Maybe I should read it. xD

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

i visited the towers and the grave and eivor doesnt say anythin.

In theory its pretty great that they in bedded the game with so many riddles and secret puzzles, but if there is no reward at a certain point as a player you stop caring.

That bring me back to the river raid dlc. If enemies still only drop pillows and cheese, whats the point? I have plenty of those already

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 they might drop some wooden legs? xD

spoiler

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang
    that tatoo is from the hoard map, no?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 no clue, lol

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

you mean the big snake on cent yes? Thats where you can find a tattoo plan and its a hoard map treasure.

Suggested Topics