Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

Recently i switched my +5light attack runes out for +4 attack and its much much better.

After all the extra attack works off of the rune that increase attack upon hit rune. The faster you attack the higher damage output you have.
    I am only using 3 of these as with more you gain not enough. Rest of my weapon runes are 3x CHD and 3x speed.

Its always important to write down your base stats and through the screen via X if your still getting max value or that your getting diminishing returns.
    At that point your better off using something else. For example with a 4th CHD rune you dont get +8, but +3 or something. So using that rune isnt worth it then.

Just felt like sharing this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02

@azullfr

ye i know all that.

But the stats screen is way inferior to the one we had in Odyssey.
    Also the game doesnt mention that when you use more then 2-3 of the same runes you wont get full value but instead will get diminishing returns to the point where its not worth it.
    So always check how your stats are and then check again after adding stuff, to see if you still get full value or not.

Adding a lot of CHC runes isnt really needed either, as you already got a lot of chc from your weapon. Yet CHD is rather lacking within the game.
    So using 203 chd runes is useful together with a diamond runes that increases chd upon hit. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing how much chd you actually gain.
    Ofcourse only take this route if you want a chc-chd build. (which is imo still the best way)

• azullFR
    1116 posts

@asgardian02
    ye I knew all that, too
    thanks 😉

• TORFINR
    371 posts

The problem with runes is that they dont "evolve" with mastery points.
    With a low level of mastery they can be good, but once you start to have 100+ masteries their bonus become negligible.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

master point always do nothing though.

overal the game gives you not enough information though.

I mean for armor you can press V to get more details, but you cant do this for runes.
    Also the stats list via X gives far less info then it did in Odyssey

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@asgardian02 After testing, here is what I fount out: each mastery point gives an increase of +0.00153% in stats. At the mastery point cap (1000) the overall bonus is +15.28%
    So you cant say that they do nothing, they simply gives a (very) small bonus 😳
    For instance, my Eivor has 250 in health, 130 in melee resistance and 120 in attack. If I put 1000 points in the Bear mastery node, my stats will be:
    Health: 250 --> 290
    Resistance: 130 --> 150
    Attack: 120 --> 140

And we do agree, the tooltip on items, weapons, runes and such could be more informative. Should be more informative.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

yeah it gives something, but this could have done in a more sofisticated way like as they did in odyssey.
    I just dont understand why in a previous game they had a decent mastery system and instead of improving that they discarded that completly

• azullFR
    1116 posts

@torfinr
    Great thanks for giving these numbered and consistant informations,
    Thank for your job ! 🙂

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@azullfr De rien/You're welcome.
    Another thing we know is the resource/crafting material/silver cap: just like in Origins, it's 9,999,999. Once we reach that amount, the stat simply dont increase anymore and you cant loot. For instance if you loot a dead Saxon when you have 9,999,999 silver, you'll hear the "silver looting sound" (*tching*) but nothing will be looted. Exactly the same than in Origins/Odyssey in fact.

• azullFR
    1116 posts

@torfinr
    Great thanks !
    I didn't know that for Valhalla
    Nice day to you ☺
    (Et merci pour le clin d'oeil francais 😉 )

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@azullfr Un plaisir! En tant que demi-Français je me devais de le faire;)
    Bonjour de Finlande!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics