Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jokercards
    4 posts

Is anyone still doing this? I'm on ps4 and only got 3/10 in the past 6 hours. I was in a brace when it was originally done and missed out on when alot were doing it.

• thegardener25
    112 posts

@jokercards Just visited the farm & got killed 4 times, if it helps. Sometimes you just have to travel away to other areas for a bit, or wander around the wider area. At times I've found bodies in the bogland & the camp further south(ish) on the inner coast.

• jokercards
    4 posts

@thegardener25 Thanks. I didn't see yours but I did get 10/10 just now thanks to your advice. Glad to finally have that done.

• thegardener25
    112 posts

@jokercards Glad you got it! Massive thanks & credit to @TheeElf for coming up with the plan & getting the community together to make 'Hall of the Slain' achievable, as well as posts from other players, with input of their experiences.

It could get quite frustrating at times. Doing exactly as other players on the thread have done, or doing the same as you did before, & yet there are no bodies?! Then out of the blue. Eivor says something like, "what have we here"? And the irony of the fact that, 'Avenging a Player' is way easier than getting the quest to pop in the first place!?

I haven't been overly affected by bugs in the game! I can't complete 'The Order'. And like pretty much everyone else, I need a few fish. But completing the 'Avenge a Player', then 'Hall of the Slain', was a bit of a relief. Because there was no indication to me that it was do-able. I've got most of the fish. The rest will appear, either this upcoming patch, or next again.

• MychaelForsyth
    3 posts

Is this still ongoing? Been waiting at the farm over half an hour atm, died 7 times to help others, no avenge opportunities for me.

• TheeElf
    Original poster 262 posts

@mychaelforsyth Try one of the other two locations:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/l4sp0p/ac_valhalla_how_to_avenge_a_player_as_of_the/

If that doesn't work work on something else and come back later. It's been fairly consistent for most folks.

• JamesLogan491
    91 posts

@mychaelforsyth It worked for me until a couple days ago when I finished the challenge. I would sneak to the roof of the farm without killing any guards and just wait up there with my camera pointed towards the horizon (without having the ground nearby within my sight, I don't know if it would've prevented the mission to spawn). I'd just wait up there and a body would spawn anywhere between 2-20 minutes.

I never even tried to find those missions twice in a row. I'd just do the opal dailies, fast travel to the farm, get the player revenge, fast travel back to ravensthorpe, save and quit. Sometimes I'd return after a couple hours, reboot my PS4 and go to the farm and get another player revenge mission to pop up. I knew it would be a lot less frustrating if I did on;y one-two of those missions per day.

• MychaelForsyth
    3 posts

Thanks both, just doing contracts then I'll go back and see

• WeelyTM
    3 posts

Worked for me last night. Got my 10 at the farm over the span of 4 to 4.5 hours, left 10 deaths there as well. I had to move around the roof sometimes, to get it to spawn/detect it. I'd idle for 5 minutes or so, then walk around the roof and then hop off and do a lap around the building - maybe 10-15m from it - then return to the roof and stare straight up again if nothing appeared. Specifically, I had one spawn NNE and another due East (which respawned twice!), both at the very edge of the hostile area, that were too far away to detect from the roof. Might be that draw/detection distances are lower on consoles than PC (I'm on PS5).

• JDL2025
    18 posts

@tchester1980 Checked perhaps the wild boar ate your corpses because you weren't there, other corpses were but no interaction possible. Interrupted a special fishing trip for the loch ness big flat fish and the abominable big Mackerel that are probably in area 51,but never mind. I can always go River raiding with a rather darkish ethnic Viking.

• Dead213End
    8 posts

ya nobody is here. better off trying to farm beginner areas

• ROTeFeL
    22 posts

I just went to the farm that was chosen at the beginning and I finally managed to find an avenge quest! 😁
    Even two of those in quick succession, so the thing is still going on, and I am guessing that patch 1.1.2 did at least a minor tweak as when I visited the farm a month ago, when everybody was getting their avenge quests, nothing popped up for me.

Still think, that this is not how it should be done, and Ubi should fix it properly and bring it more to Origins level. 😞

• bzZ_
    1 posts

thanks for the tip @ the farm in East Anglia.
    Tried it this morning and got 3 revenges so far.
    Also died a couple of times for others to revenge.
    Playing on PC, Europe region.

Let's keep this up and help each other!

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

So stupid that this only shows up at that one farm? This cannot be how Ubisoft meant for this to work.

So many broken things in Valhalla.

• azullFR
    1040 posts

@xrayspex_73
    as @TheeElf said (original poster, Greats, Greats thanks to him 👍 !) :

Try one of the other two locations:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/l4sp0p/ac_valhalla_how_to_avenge_a_player_as_of_the/

If that doesn't work work on something else and come back later. It's been fairly consistent for most folks.

But yes, same thing was done the right way in Origin's, in Valhalla seem's that Ubi has various problems with nearly all things related to servers connections... (at the moment I'm "reverting" to an 100h sooner save to trying to solve one of these...) 😞

• Shovelator
    150 posts

I'm confused, what is needed for these quests to show up? Im 160h in game and ive never seen any of these quests? Do you need to have people on your friend's list?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@shovelator The farm and the tree worked for me. Done it daily and got 2 for 5 days.

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@shovelator No, they do not need to be on your friends list. Basically you need to be in an area where someone died and have their body show up in your game. When this thread started you had to wait in an area for 10 - 15 minutes on average for a body to show up. I'm not positive, but I think they may have reduced a timer or something to cause the bodies to show up faster. I am currently playing through a new game and have had two show up in the last half hour. The funny thing is that I am in East Anglia at the moment, and not at one of the spawn locations listed.

So, what happens is while you are in an area a body will show up. Eivor will say some phrase just out of the blue, typically for me he/she says, "What's this". When that happens, if you look around you will see a quest marker in the area near you. When you get near the marker you will get an interaction option. If you interact Eivor will talk about how the person died and then a sword icon, or multiple sword icons, will appear. If you kill, or you may have already killed, that npc a confirm kill action becomes available. Once that is done you get a quest completed notification.

• Shovelator
    150 posts

@jcar4327 @VanadiumCobalt thank you both. I thought something was wrong. I remember these quest popping all over when i was playing origins...

• SpirantCrayon22
    429 posts

I just got one unexpectedly in a new location while looking for a firefly. Sciropescire, go NW from the northernmost fast-travel high-point. About 2/3 of the way to the border with snotinghamscire (and the edge of the map) there's a pond/lake with a small military presence, they'll attack on sight. I just killed them all and after doing that noticed the green glow in Eagle Vision, wondered what I'd missed as I've completed the game apart from fishing deliveries and the killing-hard-enemies-while-on-fire achievement.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics