Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/21 Replies/280 Views
    C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

I know, I'm becoming a broken record on this, and I've posted about this stuff before.

The December 15th patch forced me to have to see the flaming red rune flash every time an enemy or animal does an unblockable attack. Before that, it could be totally disabled as part of the "Enemy Info" option in the Interface settings. Now, enemies--as well as boars, chickens, and wolves--look like they're ON FIRE when they're attacking me. I can't stand this, it's dumb, it's irritating, it's immersion-killing, and it has basically killed my desire to play Valhalla--after around 200 hours already put into it.

For the next patch, please allow us the option to disable this HUD effect--along with other HUD things too! I want to see options to turn off those obnoxious mid-screen text messages about locked doors, missing keys, full ammo, full adrenaline, "Place on the ground to complete the objective," etc., etc.

I want to turn off the aiming reticle that appears every time I crouch. Why is this even here?

I want to turn off those tacky weapon trails. Every time I swing my axe, I don't want this ugly orange-ish trail following behind it.

I want to turn off those white sparkly explosions every time I loot something.

Let us have a more grounded, more immersive visual experience during gameplay. I don't need to see all those things.

Thanks for your attention.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Soo . . . will the next update finally let us disable that red rune flash during unblockable attacks?

I've been talking about this since mid-December and wish someone would acknowledge it.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Maybe if I bump another of my many, many posts on this subject, someone from Ubisoft will respond?

. . . Anyone?

• Polyedra
    84 posts

little activity here.
    anyway, ya; me also would like various options. But for me: The red is critical to me knowing what is going on.
    I want cancel on stun attack, that what I am looking for. And some other stuff, like I want weapon runes earlier. I've posted too, but there's not much of replies. Most posts here's like: omg canon blablabla it woman and i can't deal with.... supposedly, that what people like to talk about instead of: this weapon ownz and this y!!!! ppl suk.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

*sigh* I am also disheartened by how toxic and and strangely socially conservative the American gaming community at large can be sometimes. This is part of the reason why I'm hesitant to call myself a "gamer" in front of people, despite the fact that I've been a gaming enthusiast since I was five: the fear that they might associate me with a group of dudebro gamers who get triggered or more bothered by the inclusion of women or people of color or LGBTQ+ folks in games (usually out of ostensible concern for "realism") but don't bat an eye at, say, magic or supernatural things or the idea that a powerful alien race called the Isu created humans on Earth or that enemies can be ridiculously damage-spongey or that games that take place during particular historical eras are always taking any number of creative/historical liberties to make a game world interesting to modern audiences, etc., etc. No, it's women being around who bother them.

Anyway . . . sorry for getting off topic. All I've been asking for here on these forums since the December 15th, 2020, patch is to fix a HUD issue that was broken that day: from that patch onward, I was forced to always see that stupid red-rune flash whenever an enemy does an unblockable attack (before that patch, it could be turned off by turning off the "Enemy Info" setting in the Interface settings). Now it never goes away, and I hate it.

And then, on top of that, I want more HUD options to turn off other things that kill my sense of immersion in this word: irritating mid-screen messages like "Ammo is full," "The door is barred from the other side," etc. Seriously, I'm so sick of these intrusive messages.

And colorful weapon trails and the white-dot reticle that appears whenever I crouch. Let me get rid of these things, my goodness. Is this really so much to ask for?

• Polyedra
    84 posts

Yes! I want these options u speak of!
    I also want to be able to completely turn off the bloody tutorial. Don't show me messages when i tell u "no"!
    Like first fight, first boss: the thegn guy with axe and switch to dual hammers. So this fight's tough when u noob and rolling on hardest. It gona one and two shot u, so u need be a bit nimble about it. (double hammers coming out so fast with a defensive flailing that it really unfair on this level, frustrating for a noob for sure; i promise) So like, in the middle of this, every time i make an attempt, it stops the game to tell me about stamina consumption. It does this in inopportune times, making a dodge impossible at times. But it's not about the inescapable hit, really, i can tank that cuz i tough af! no... it about pausing the game right in my battle concentration. u disrupt my flow. and u do it over and over cuz boss hard on hardest without experience, that for sure. u made sure of that.. didn't u.. so y not play it urself? or put a guy on it, see what he think.. maybe there's problem there? with tutorial repeating over and over... Didn't i turn off tutorial and messages etc etc etc in options? ... ???
    Well, also sorry for the off-topics.. I like ur ideas and suggestion. I think it would be great if i could remove these signals cuz it would make it better for me when i become more advanced I imagine. Also, like it a lot easier to study the animations when they're not surrounded with an obstructing haze. making it harder to progress, becoming better at the game, but also more rewarding when u do see what the animations says; cuz u get much better from learning the specific animation for the specific move than u do from learning that red u dodge and orange u parry.

• katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

I don't want this ugly orange-ish trail following behind it.

====

I want to be able to change the godawful, red glow on enemies to how it was in previous AC games. As a simple, white highlight.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Honestly, I'm just glad I have the option to turn off enemy highlights entirely. I don't wanna see white highlights of enemies or terrible red glows on then at all.

Now if Ubisoft would just let me turn off the rest of the stuff I've been asking for since last December. 🙄

• Polyedra
    84 posts

i turn off stun finisher camera, ofc, but it not off. Still running. Not every finisher but still up. just wanted to butt in with that -.-

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Psst. Hey, Ubisoft.

Anyone listening?

Still waiting for a response.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Checkin' in again.

*sigh*

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Aaaaaaand I'm back.

Still nothing? Cool, cool.

• davidtsmith333
    42 posts

All of those options and effects you mentioned I love and glad they are included.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

@davidtsmith333 Good for you, dude.

But some of us don't like them at all and wish we had the option to turn them off completely. Some of us want a more immersive, more realistic, and less cluttered visual experience in our big open-world games.

Some of us might want to fight enemies who don't look they're on fire (with a huge, obnoxious red flash on their body) when they attack us.

Some of us don't want to be reminded with big, intrusive mid-screen messages that a door is locked or a key is required or ammo is full or rations are full, etc., etc.

Some of us don't want to see ghastly colorful trails behind our weapons whenever we swing them.

Some of us don't want to see a white-dot reticle every time we crouch (seriously, why is this even here, even when I'm not aiming my bow?).

All in the same way some of us don't like seeing ridiculous damage numbers popping out of enemies, lifebars above enemies' heads, stamina meters, status effect symbols, silly effects when we consume a health-replenishing item, etc.

And so on and so on. Options to disable all of these would be nice. The rest of you can keep them on as long as you like. Everyone's happy.

This is literally all I'm asking for. It shouldn't be controversial at all.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Hi again! I'm back!

Still nothing? Cool, I'll come back again.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

Hello again!

Hopelessly awaiting some kind of response from anyone at Ubisoft about this REALLY SIMPLE THING.

Guess I'll come back . . .

• bielik01
    373 posts

@c-pick tag someone, e.g. @Ubi-Keo

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 42 posts

Hey there, C-Pick!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed reply to this post and I also sincerely apologize that now that the feature to disable this option is now missing in the Enemy Info and it looks like the enemies and animals are on fire. Would you be willing to please take a video of this issue for me to take a look into this for you? Please upload the video to YouTube as an unlisted video and provide me with the link.

I do appreciate your suggestion about the HUD feature. I can tell you are a really passionate player and I sincerely appreciate your love for Valhalla from the beginning!

Please keep in mind that on Discussions bumping is not allowed. I recommend taking a look at our rules here! These forums can be used to get a reply from Ubisoft Support, however we recommend if you are not getting support in a timely manner please reach out and create a support ticket here as our teams would be glad to help.

Official Response
  • C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

@ubistorm Thanks for responding. It's nice to finally hear from someone.

Just to be clear, you want me to upload a video of that flaming red-rune flash that appears on enemies and animals when they perform unblockable attacks? I feel like that's something literally anyone can see in regular gameplay anytime. Just get into combat, and eventually an enemy or animal will perform one. It's pretty common--you can't really miss it.

I'm simply asking for an option to turn OFF that effect. I was able to before the December 15, 2020, patch as part of the "Enemy Info" toggle in the Interface settings, I believe. After that patch, that flaming red-rune effect always showed up, no matter what I turned off.

And as for the other things--such as the mid-screen text messages like "Ammo is full," "This door is barred from the other side," "Find the key for this door," etc.--those are common as well. You can easily see those. I'd just like to turn those off too. That's really all I'm asking.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

@UbiStorm Hello again! I got no response here, so I thought I'd check in.

To be clear, I am asking quite simply for an option to toggle off those giant red rune symbols that flash on enemies and animals when they perform unblockable attacks. I was able to turn them off before the December 15, 2020, patch as part of the "Enemy Info" option in the Interface settings.

I'd also LOVE it if we could disable those irritating mid-screen text messages. Give us the option to turn these things off. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics