ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DredgenPreacher
    Original poster 7 posts

I’ve been really enjoying both the Ghost Recon series and the Assassins Creed series. Is it possible to see the Ghost squad save the main characters of Assassins Creed from Abstergo thugs? As just a one off random thing

or they’re protecting us for an assassins creed game while we’re in the Anumis.

like they just owe William Miles a favour or something. Maybe a squad of assassins saves the Ghost squad or nomad in a Ghost Recon mission. Something really random.

or maybe having an AC game with customizable characters like GR. And options to play in the AC game with friends. There would be more options open for PvE in AC. Just an idea.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DredgenPreacher
    Original poster 7 posts

@dredgenpreacher I’ve noticed that GR is basically AC with guns. Basically in a nutshell.

• reyrod01
    12 posts

@dredgenpreacher It is possible, since I think AC takes place in the same universe as GR, and even Splinter Cell. AC does have direct connections to both Tom Clancy series.

AC and GR Breakpoint both have a man with the last name "Miles". Of course we all know William, and Desmond from earlier games, in AC, but GRBP we learn of a man named Peter Miles.

Also, while controlling Layla in AC Odyssey, in the Assassin's flat, we interact with Sam Fisher's goggles, where she says to herself, "Looks Third Echelon, or is it Fourth?"

• pesto.
    372 posts

The special events and stories are fun. But I wish Ubi diverged their games further to create their own unique identities rather than I guess trying to unify them into the big crossover Endgame event. There’s a lot of crossover which is inevitable like stealth is in AC, TC, FC and WD, historical, strategy map and brawling elements are in FH and AC, parkour is in AC and WD, cover combat is in TC, FC and WD…

To me the core individuality is an asset rather than burden and should be accentuated, clear USP is a good and interesting thing. i mean right now if you were to distill it then what would you have?

TC - 4 player political thriller with military component
    FC - drunk TC at a luau with the brakes off and only two players
    WD - next day hangover depressing surveillance state TC with trolling
    AC - sci-fi historical TC with parkour for only one player
    FH - play as an AC NPC!

What I think it should be is -

AC - Historical power struggle RPG with political strategy map, parkour, stealth and some subtle sci-fi elements.
    TC - Modern day tight realistic style group based cover shooters. Home of Ubisoft’s Golden Eye, CoD and Battlefield etc.
    WD - City based open world puzzler and playground for chaos (gta equivalent). Given that it’s about infrastructure perhaps bring in city building/control elements to diverge it further.
    FC - Exotic adventure and OTT action. Set pieces, like the opening of forza horizon games. Maybe shift towards some more linear storytelling elements like Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Emphasis on Unique weaponry and destruction.
    FH - Beat em up.

A really clear vision would free up the devs to take bigger chances and make more interesting games rather than trying to homogenize it all into a single mega Marvell like IP.

• TheNorfolkian
    2072 posts

If anyone in the Clancyverse is a secret member of the Assassin Brotherhood, it’s gotta be Sam Fisher.

Suggested Topics