Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@kreutzgang @Asgardian02

That's why I mentioned "opportunities of give me things to kill" should a player choose to follow a different approach. But to embrace @Asgardian02 's idea of evolution of AC to a hack n' slash game, well I'd say maybe this game is not for him...

I mean @Asgardian02 would find the game perfect if they removed finishings moves and add more enemies to kill, so he can go on a mindless killing rampage = different game...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

for my hack and slash satisfaction i can play d3 or patch of exile.
    Thats an entire different genre and not all what i am suggesting.

But also you you take an honest look at what the game is at its core and what mechanics are in place: its really a lot about combat.
    Armor, weapons, order members, conquering england etc etc, the skill tree.

so to embrace that more and enhance certain things would certainly benefit the game. That doesnt mean its an hack and slash right away.

also after you have completed all the quests the only way to lvl further up is by killing enemies, which is combat.
    So deny it all you want, but combat is a core mechanic.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Hell even your entire law system revoles around combat basically, so denying that is just super weird.
    Do you really like lott as its now: cheese, flowers and pillows from enemies?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I think he's suggesting you should be able to circumvent said law system by sneaking, no?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    dunno, i wouldnt mind one. i liked that system in odyssey and its a shame they didnt further improve that system for valhalla.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I did too, and you could pretty much avoid it in Odyssey if you were never caught doing anything 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    i embraced it and made sure i always was at max lvl 🐷 if possible

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@kreutzgang @Asgardian02
    Assasin Creed revolves around a heavy story telling narrative of secrecy and mystery. The game has taken leaps forward open combat but has completely lost it's identity regarding secrecy.
    A law system, immersive NPCs+advanced AI will boost both aspects. @Asgardian02 effectively asks for an AC Odyssey 2 or AC Odyssey (reskin Valhalla).
    The upcoming raids will probably fullfill his hunger for killing.... Will they fullfill the secrecy and mystery that goes with the AC? We'll see....

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

thats your opinion, which i respect 😉
    I dont want a reskin, i want a game company to evolve and to improve proven and good mechanics.

currently i killed 8368 enemies 🙂

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@asgardian02 You've been lazy : 50% completion, 130 hours, 6675 kills 😀

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem
    didnt know it was a competition, dont know what difficulty you play on either.

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@asgardian02 I am teasing you mate 🤙 - i choose always the hardest option Drengr (still game is too easy).

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

also not sure how accurate ubisoft connect is, its been giving me that number for an entire week now.
    Yeah drengr was a bit fun till lvl 50 or something, after that it was too easy

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

In the end the developers promised us a Viking Saga in an Assasin's world.
    So the questions to be answered are :

1. Did they game make you feel like a brutal, powerfull Viking (inspired by the success of the TV series)? Yes/No?
    2. Did they game make you feel like an assasin, a member of a clan hidden in shadows? Yes/No?
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

i dont strife to be an assassin, but when i tried chained assassination it didnt trigger a lot of times. This worked so much better in odyssey.
    Its easy to feel powerful since the game is way too easy. That didnt make feel powerful though, so that would be a no too.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem While I totally agree that the whole assassin part has taken a huge hit, as I said above, you could avoid the merc in Odyssey by being sneaky, although you weren't actually even an assassin in it - nor are you in Valhalla. There also wasn't much sneakiness in Black Flag, if I recall? While I don't mind the option for people to play warrior style, I personally prefer to be an actual assassin and also to be able to use that style on bosses without it being a tedious exercise in kiting. I remember one battle in Origins, where you were in a boss battle in some building with architecture that invited climbing, but it was ofc disabled. I guess people would then complain about it being "too easy" in spite of them being able to take the non "easy" route.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem as for your questions:
    1: yes
    2: NOPE

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@kreutzgang exactly!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics