Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

Re: [Idea - Mercenaries in Valhalla](/topic/81049/idea-mercenaries-in-valhalla)

From Phylakes, to Mercenaries, to Zealots it all points to one : Combination of all the features.
    I understand that each game wants to boast its own unique features but, if a feature is good why remove it?

In AC Odyssey we saw the introduction of a law system (overstealing would have consequences, killing civilians would have consequences etc.)
    In Valhalla, that basic yet vital feature (law and consequence) is completely removed. And not only that but disiycronization looms over civilian casualties.
    I mentioned vital becasue replayability increases with the introduction of a Law system.

So i would also like to introduce the adition of :

1. Suspicious behavior : Every uncommon action such as climbing structures, peoples homes and in general anything out of the ordinary should add wanted level.
    2. Minor crimes : Any action of EVEN entering NPCs homes, stores in addition to thievery should add medium wanted level.
    3. Murder : The act of killing civilians or major story NPCs should grant the highest wanted level possible.

From this point on the law/bounty system should work as in Odyssey. Player will be hunted constantly by high level, challenging Phylakes/Mercenaries/Zealots.
    I mentioned in (1) Suspicious behavior, how certain actions should create bounty level. It is becoming increasingly unrealistic, the fact that a character in the world of AC games (player) is jumping up and down, moving through structures etc. unlike anyone else in the world, BUT the rest of the world seems to not bother with it (a few verbal comments is far from bothering with it). The addition of a small bounty (due to suspicion of unlawful action) would add to the interactivity. In (2) Minor crimes, such as entering houses should have consequences, let alone stealing, and these has so far been ignored by in Valhalla. Well (3) Murder needs no explaining.

So instead of removing features, it would be best to combine them for a greater experience.

And finally, for the love of Asgard, PLEASE (!) add Day/Night functions and activities for the NPCs. Its unacceptable to move through a field during night and watch NPCs work or people in cities act the same way wether it is day or night. With the addition of the bounty system (NPCs going to their houses during night, player breaking into houses, stealing or killing angry NPCs) the interactivity will be truly immersive. Not only that but it will make the cloaking system and the secretive nature of an Assasin more relevant. Yes i know the Code of the Assasins : "Harm no innocents" but a "man's got to eat, don't he"..?

I do not know if Covid is to blame for this, but the technology is there to make those changes. And if it is too late for Valhalla it will not be for the next.
    Personally, i will expect such changes to be implemented to an extent in the near future of AC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

its weird that witcher 3 had a different night and day space and then a much newer game as valhalal doesnt 😞

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Even in Elder Scrolls Oblivion they had proper day night cycles (possibly Morrowind, cannot remember). You can wake people up to talk to them, but often they then start yelling at you to leave as soon as the dialogue is over.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

still the best thing to ensure more replayability is to more enemies in the world and add in radom loot.
    They should step away from legendary sets items only, its so boring. Add some more slots (rings, neck, shoulders belt)
    That way you can tinker around far more with gear and bring back enchantments on gear unique items and legendary.

that way you can select to use a set or various pieces and random loot there is always the loot hunt which is way more fun then getting it from chest anyway

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

Examples of immersive world, relevant to ACs secretive nature combined with a bounty system and natural NPC behavior.

Player enters a NPC house during night. NPC spots player and start shouting "Get out"/"You should not be here" etc.
    Player stays in house. NPCs leaves house to find guards to report (bounty).
    Player chooses to :

1. Let NPC go, steals valuables > guards will come looking for him > hood and escape but medium bounty (guards aware of player - hood necessary).
    2. Kill NPC :
    • Witness YES - bounty. Witness runs to guards > high bounty > mercenary* if mercenaries are not relevant it could be high level mercenary-like guards (Like Phylakes) > hood does not work on Phylakes.
    • Witness NO - suspicious behavior - minor bounty.

3. Player leaves house > minor bounty > suspicious behavior.
    Too many suspicious behaviors will trigger high bounty > Phylakes.

It is worth to mention here that houses should have high value items (but not weapons etc) for stealing/selling later on, or an ammount of money worth the trouble.

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@asgardian02
    Mate i understand from all your posts that you focus too much in "Give me things to kill" but this is not a hack n' slash game. The aim is to embrace the world of secrecy (Hidden Ones), adding opportunities of "give me things to kill" when player neglects "Hidden Ones" mechanisms (hood, secrecy etc.).
    You must stay on track with the world of AC. What you are asking is a different game completely…

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem
    as you must stay on track how the game seems to be evolving.
    hidden ones wasn't even part really of this game nor the last one.

to prolong the life-cycle of a game you need stuff to do.

all in all the focus of the game is combat anyway.

i respect that you like your stealth play, which is possible within the game.
    Me though, i prefer to play as warrior which is possible too.

The main issue with this game that its says to be 18+ yet treats us as kids with over simplifying of basically everything.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem The Jomsvikings could have been used as mercs. Would make more sense to me that they'd take contracts while the player is away than selling themselves to other players at the same time as still being on your own crew.

AFAIK people complained a lot about certain sneaky mechanics like tailing missions - which I can't say I'm into, but I love most aspects of sneaking around and in recent titles it seems to be more about 1:1 combat than being an actual assassin. One should at least have the option to play in this manner without it feeling annoying or contrived, but I also think a merc system should be friendly to all players - Odyssey did that quite well by letting you sit it out or kill the bounty giver.

Desyncing players for killing civilians is just lazy when these systems have already been implemented in the series!

Also, even in AC 2, you got harassed by guards if they caught you hanging out on the rooftops 😄

I agree with Asgardian though, that the world is just empty after a certain point. Sure killing enemies en masse isn't what the games are about, but who doesn't enjoy taking out entire garrisons, which can be very satisfying using stealth, unlike the boss fights.

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@kreutzgang @Asgardian02

That's why I mentioned "opportunities of give me things to kill" should a player choose to follow a different approach. But to embrace @Asgardian02 's idea of evolution of AC to a hack n' slash game, well I'd say maybe this game is not for him...

I mean @Asgardian02 would find the game perfect if they removed finishings moves and add more enemies to kill, so he can go on a mindless killing rampage = different game...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

for my hack and slash satisfaction i can play d3 or patch of exile.
    Thats an entire different genre and not all what i am suggesting.

But also you you take an honest look at what the game is at its core and what mechanics are in place: its really a lot about combat.
    Armor, weapons, order members, conquering england etc etc, the skill tree.

so to embrace that more and enhance certain things would certainly benefit the game. That doesnt mean its an hack and slash right away.

also after you have completed all the quests the only way to lvl further up is by killing enemies, which is combat.
    So deny it all you want, but combat is a core mechanic.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Hell even your entire law system revoles around combat basically, so denying that is just super weird.
    Do you really like lott as its now: cheese, flowers and pillows from enemies?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I think he's suggesting you should be able to circumvent said law system by sneaking, no?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    dunno, i wouldnt mind one. i liked that system in odyssey and its a shame they didnt further improve that system for valhalla.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I did too, and you could pretty much avoid it in Odyssey if you were never caught doing anything 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    i embraced it and made sure i always was at max lvl 🐷 if possible

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@kreutzgang @Asgardian02
    Assasin Creed revolves around a heavy story telling narrative of secrecy and mystery. The game has taken leaps forward open combat but has completely lost it's identity regarding secrecy.
    A law system, immersive NPCs+advanced AI will boost both aspects. @Asgardian02 effectively asks for an AC Odyssey 2 or AC Odyssey (reskin Valhalla).
    The upcoming raids will probably fullfill his hunger for killing.... Will they fullfill the secrecy and mystery that goes with the AC? We'll see....

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

thats your opinion, which i respect 😉
    I dont want a reskin, i want a game company to evolve and to improve proven and good mechanics.

currently i killed 8368 enemies 🙂

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@asgardian02 You've been lazy : 50% completion, 130 hours, 6675 kills 😀

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem
    didnt know it was a competition, dont know what difficulty you play on either.

• Viem
    Original poster 54 posts

@asgardian02 I am teasing you mate 🤙 - i choose always the hardest option Drengr (still game is too easy).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics