Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• No matter what I do, I can't increase framerate from about 20-something FPS with higher specifications than recommended PC

0 Likes/5 Replies/59 Views
    donmartins
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello,
    Here are my PC specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k (without any custom overclock);
    • Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio (GeForce Driver v461.09, installed after using DFU on old drivers)
    • Motheboard: Maximus IX Hero (BIOS v1301)
    • RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz (dual channel)
    • Storage: m.2 SSD (not NVMe) with an 16GB optane cache module
    • PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ (1000W)

No matter how much I lower my resolution or graphical settings, the benchmark always give em around the same results.

Here's a thing I noticed: when I run the benchmark, the benchmark itself gives me these CPU usage values:

undefined

However, if, at the same time I check Task Manager, I can rather see this:

undefined

Please notice two things: not only it is underclocking my CPU severelly, or at least showing a much lower value than the base clock (4.20 GHz), as the CPU load is shown stable at around 18% and not 59 or 97/98% (I fail to understand why two values on the Assassin's Creed Valhalla benchmarking tool). As soon as I quit Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the Task Manager shows 4.20GHz again and drops load to around 5 or 6%.

I don't have issues like this with any other game in my collection. Just been playing another high demanding game that came out last year, maxed out at 4k, with stable 60 fps (the highest refresh rate my screen supports).

My temperatures are stable as well:

• CPU: idle: ~28ºC, in game, max: 50ºC
    • GPU: idle: ~35ºC, in game, max: 64ºC

I don't know what else to do, any help is appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• El-Kashi
    24 posts

@donmartins Hello mate something strange in your configuration. Can you show us from the ingame monitoring feature the whole information i would like to see FPS chart. Don't cut the screenshot and show us the whole ingame monitoring window after playing 5 minutes for example. And show us all your ingame preset setting and display setting. Thanks in advance.

• donmartins
    Original poster 4 posts
    @donmartins Hello mate something strange in your configuration. Can you show us from the ingame monitoring feature the whole information i would like to see FPS chart. Don't cut the screenshot and show us the whole ingame monitoring window after playing 5 minutes for example. And show us all your ingame preset setting and display setting. Thanks in advance.

Howdy @El-Kashi , and thank you myself

You mean this monitor:

undefined
    ?

Here are the graphical settings:

undefined
    undefined

I apologize the portuguese, but whenever I change UI language, it restarts the game and when I get in-game it reverts to portuguese. Graphical settings clearly persist as you can noticeable see the changes in quality. "Baixo" means "low" and "médio" means "medium". If you need me to translate nything else, don't hesitate to ask. Changing graphical settings to "medium" or "high" or ever "ultra high" seem to have little to no impact. Same goes for resolution and enabling / disabling HDR.

• donmartins
    Original poster 4 posts

Seemed to be a driver issue. Just installed GeForce driver 461.40 that came out today and that made a huge impact:

undefined

• donmartins
    Original poster 4 posts

Update, now after a while, fps drop like this:

undefined

And they don't ever get up again until I reinstall the drivers. After doing so, I get ~60fps again for a while, then suddenly they drop to 20fps and I never see them up again. This only happens with Assassin's Creed Valhalla though.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics