Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

Vikings were known for their exploration....

I'd rather would have the England part be smaller and they added in a part of Constantinopel (turkey) and Russia into the game as well.
    That way there would also be more diversity in how areas look i imagine.

Ireland will just be much the same as Northumbria i guess and France will be similar to south England. We wont see totally different environments there.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@asgardian02 well we could wait until stuff actually comes out instead of speculation.

Honestly you're a bit too opinionated. I for one have quite enjoyed this game. You get in every thread and complain. Why? Yes this game has problems, just like every other game.

Why is everyone so hard on this game? There's much worse out there. You know the game just came out they have plans for more places and things to do you just gotta have a little patience.

• Netspook
    307 posts

I am surprised they're ignoring Iceland which is an EXTREMELY important place in Viking history.

• Asgardian02

@spartabunny08

havent you seen the road map for this game?

In the season pass we get: Ireland, something with druids and Paris.
    None of that is Russia or Constantinopel.

We are hard so they will make their next game better. Sure i have had moments of enjoyments in the game, but overal its a disappointment and i am sad about it.
    I was really looking forward to sink a lot of time in this game, but thst just not possible.

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@asgardian02 that is just what's planned for what's next. Are you implying that's all we will get ever for dlc?

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@asgardian02 sounds to me you had expectations that did not get met. This is a common issue for being disappointed and sad.

I am not a fan of Assassin's creed franchise. I've never liked them and for the reason all of you are complaining about. It seems no Assassin's creed game is pretty much like another. For some this is good for most not good.

Thing is if they didn't change I wouldn't be here now. I really enjoyed this one particularly and I wouldn't have purchased it had not one of my friends that knows me said I would like it so I gave it a shot.

Oh yes I have found plenty to be [censored] about or to complain about. But on the other hand I found more I enjoyed. Bought the ultimate edition, do I feel ot was worth that price big fat no lol. But I did make the choice so I only have myself to be mad at on this point.

I got caught in the big bug in Honors Hubris. Luckily this was my only main problem I encountered the rest were little things.

Maybe there are plans past the raodmap that does include what you wish don't know till the time passes.

Make sure if you could tell them what they did right. You do have a lot good points but some of those points are more preference and not everyone feels the way you do. I did notice you made good attempt to be neutral and help in a positive direction. Just bothers me to see the good overshadowed by the bad. It'll get better.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@spartabunny08 in general people complain more than they praise. As for me, I did really enjoy the game, but it definitely feels like a step back from Odyssey, and in some ways unfinished or like it wasn't thought through to the end. Ofc people dis/like different things. I hate the anomalies and drinking games above all else because they make me RQ and I'm a completionist, haha.

• Netspook
    307 posts
    @asgardian02 that is just what's planned for what's next. Are you implying that's all we will get ever for dlc?

Well, we knew early about all expansions for Odyssey, so I doubt there's more, at least when talking about somewhat larger DLCs.

Besides, it's not just planned, it's advertised as part of the SP, which many of us already have paid for, so it's coming.

• Asgardian02
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02

Well, we knew early about all expansions for Odyssey, so I doubt there's more, at least when talking about somewhat larger DLCs.

Besides, it's not just planned, it's advertised as part of the SP, which many of us already have paid for, so it's coming.

@Netspook

this

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@asgardian02 This game is called Valhalla not odyssey.

So they never do anything different from one game to the next? Seems to me thats all Assassin's creed really does isn't it?

Also didn't say anything about what's planned not coming. This discussion i thought was about more places past what was shown.

• Netspook
    307 posts

@spartabunny08
    They often do different things, but not with paid expansions. Simply because they cannot list upcoming expansions, charge for them before it's released, then change their minds.

We all know this isn't Odyssey, but the business model is the same. You really don't seem to know much about Ubi...

And no, there will not be an expansion with more places, I can almost guarantee that, since we would have known about that by now. At best they might add some extra small zone like Vinland, Asgard or Jotunheim, but I seriously doubt that.

Just because the discussion is about "more places" it's perfectly fine to use other games as examples, especially since Ubi use the same business model all the time. So calm down.

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@netspook you are correct my second ubisoft game and I played far cry 5 being the first ubisoft game I've been able to like.

Tried assassin's creed before and wrote off the entire franchise very poorly put together when I first tried it.

I'm a fallout eso or was Bethesda fan till they screw up so bad you can't play the games at all.

Far cry 5 I got it on sale performed almost flawlessly also why I'm confused as to the state of how Valhalla ended up as it did.

Well I was certainly hoping for more than two or three more areas. It does seem to me they intend to try to keep Valhalla going longer than previous iterations of Assassin's creed.

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@netspook btw don't tell me to calm down. I am calm. Cannot get calmer. It may appear I'm upset but I'm afraid that's not the case it just how text works and I did come in from a standpoint of kinda pushing on Asguardian a bit. He's being overly critical in my opinion would just like to say what he likes too. Know what I'm saying. I personally really like this game, beautiful art and I'm well aware of the bugs but come on.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@spartabunny08 they remove the bugs over time, so when you got it on sale I guess (most of) the bugs were gone. From what I can tell, as soon as they release the next instalment in the franchise, they stop fixing bugs, so anything that's left at that point is there to stay.

• Asgardian02

@spartabunny08

Not sure what your beef with me is aside from the fact that my opinion differs from yours?
    Certainly thats no reason for hate or to psuh at me, even so i can handle it but i always try to be civil and neutral.

Yes i have strong feeling about this game, but why shouldnt i voice them? In the end its with the hopes that there will be improvements within this lifecycle or for the next installment.

However since each installment is worked on by another studio, giving feedback hardly seems to have an effect. Since only support staaf seems to comment and they will only report back to th eones that made this game.
    I wonder if the studio from next game ever sifts through all the content from the previous installment.

• Spartabunny08
    30 posts

@asgardian02 well that's the thing our strong feelings. I am completely not beefing so to speak. I bet you probably even feel more strongly than I do. Thing is i as much as I do agree with almost everything you say there's no positive to go with it. Give me some positive brother so I can really talk about that with you. The negative is out there it's done.

Let's move forward. I'm not quitting this game, I'm gonna be here till the end. I think there's much to be liked here. As much bad as there is you still played to end level your still trying creative ways to entertain yourself further. This says something.

I'll apologize for this now, I'm not great with words so I am sorry if I come off wrong. I'm thankful all of you are here.

• Asgardian02

@spartabunny08

its only negative cos you frame it like that.

Another way would be to treat it as feedback, i have given many great ideas on this forum, yet none of ubisoft interacts with that.
    Its much easier to start a discussion with ppl here about stuff that good become better and i have given plenty ideas in that regard.

Just check out my: big feedback and suggestion topic for example.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 It's really sad there's apparently no one official here, not even churning out vapid "thanks for the feedback" comments.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

ye i know, back on odyssey forms they would interact with us and that was great.

Suggested Topics