Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I hated side quests. They are just the worst. Helping a woman fart? Seriously? That was not fun. That was just dumb as hell. Extremely juvenile attempt at "humor" which shows what Ubi think about their player base.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@daelosthecat

Odyssey and W3 had awesome sidequest, but in valhalla it was just used as some meaningless filler.

whats the point in playing this game beyond the main story? Lvling up doesnt do anything, mastery system is useless, all the sets do somehow the same, there isnt a whole lot difference between weapons and such.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@asgardian02

That's why I stopped playing. I reached 250 Power level and just got bored. Exploration was boring as it only rewarded me with ingots I no longer needed, side quests are utter crap not even worth the name (so they call them world events) and I became so OP I didn't need to level anymore. It was too easy on highest difficulty. I'm still hoping they'll fix things with patches though.

• Asgardian02

@daelosthecat

i always like to play games at highest difficulty cos usually it lets you play the game differently and adds some challenge, not so much in Valhalla though.
    First lvls it was somewhat hard but with your raid crew you could just cheese out the highest raids early on.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@daelosthecat by side quests do you mean the world events? They are too short to count as side quests imo. I enjoyed a lot of them, my only gripe is that like the other stuff on the map, it gets repetitive. A proper quest chain related to the curses would have been cool, because they seem kind of pointless.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang
    side quests would be the stuff you did for Kasim right.

Those blue things on the map are so short and didnt even pop up in the questlog.

• ElMadre1
    76 posts

I'll have to disagree, though it might be because this was my first AC game. I found a lot of the side quests quite amusing, and was thrilled when I saw a blue dot turn into that symbol and not the one for the stupid, stupid cairns.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 You mean the assassin stuff? I felt like that was inextricable with the main quests. I guess the things we do with the Seer might be considered side quests.

BTW @ everyone I LOVE THE CATS. lol

• Asgardian02

@elmadre1

go play Odyssey and report back 🙂

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@kreutzgang When I found out about the kitties I started looking for them, and yes, it was amazing!

Not sure what game OP was playing as I had just as much fun with Valhalla as Odyssey. I mean we are talking about different time periods and locations. I finished the game late last week and have just been doing the Thor quest the last few days. In the end I put a bit over 250 hours in and loved every minute of it.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

different ppl, different points of view.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 The key to this video and to whoever made it is that Valhalla is about "Vikings". Come on now, to knock it for that is just kind of dumb. We get to understand the original origins of the Assassins, which is a good thing. This person missed a major quest by not taking out all the Order members. Oh well.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

they key to this video is that what he says matched my sentiment about the game.

Instead of writing everything down sharing this video just seemed easier.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Valhalla simply wasn't structured properly, the gear system is bad, you don't build your character,ubisoft does.the skill system is meaningless,they tried to hard to make it important and ended up making it irrelevant.Valhalla is simply a bad game with worse intentions,it tries to be generically hard and it fails on every level.Its boring, not at all replayable,I'd say it was a shadow of Odyssey but that shadow doesn't reach either.As I said before,you looked forward to playing Odyssey again with Valhalla you just dread it.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 It's supposed to be hard? It's annoying until you upgraded some ration and adrenaline slots, but after that, it's the easiest AC I've ever played.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I liked a lot of the world events too. Many of them reminded me of sidequests in The Witcher 3, which (in my opinion) is a good thing. Remember the frying pan?

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

it was mostly hard till the point where i finally could use leap of faith.
    i died a few times early on cos i forgot i didnt have it 😛

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Hard? are you kidding? I'm playing on drengr and I killed the legendary cats in less than 30 seconds,I've fought no legendary animal or boss for more than a minute,There should be at least a bit of challenge to an AC game,there is no challenge to this in fact the idea of Valhalla being any kind of challenge is laughable! I sit corrected, the first fight with Fenrir the turd kept tossing me off the cliff so that did take more than a minute.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 falling to my death is the main reason I die. That and getting stuck in a corner or the camera doing a number, so I cannot see what's going on. IDK how often I've jumped from a viewpoint and not landed in hay, thus dying 😁 I struggled with some of the bosses until about half-way through, after that, they are a cakewalk as one is over levelled, but I had considerable problems with the witch that is supposed to be the easiest. Took me a lot of tries to take her out, even long after I'd done the harder ones. 🙄

@hroozenbeek the frying pan isn't ringing a bell?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 I found the fenrir fight (the 2nd one though) more boring and long-winded than hard. I died on my first try as I ran out of arrows and was stuck with a predator bow, which the game didn't let me switch out.

spoiler

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics