ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 I found the fenrir fight (the 2nd one though) more boring and long-winded than hard. I died on my first try as I ran out of arrows and was stuck with a predator bow, which the game didn't let me switch out.

spoiler

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

@kreutzgang

when i had i finally got the breaking fall skill i still died a good few times, because it doesnt break your fall at all...
    In odyssey you automatically did the leap of faith, here if you dont stand in the correct spot you just die.

@DuskDragon56496
    I feel your pain

• DuskDragon56496
    469 posts

@Asgardian02 lol...yes pain indeed!

• Asgardian02

@duskdragon56496

early on i struggled with the elk in norway cos i was to low lvl, but at a certain point is just steamrolled everything.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang The Frying Pan was a little side quest in The Witcher 3 where you had to give an old lady a frying pan, but in the process you learned something about what had happened. Irrelevant and a little bit silly, but amusing nonetheless. The best of the Valhalla world events reminded me of this.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek Oh I think I remember, it's close to the beginning right? My fav Witcher Quest is the one where you can talk to Roach, but I only found it once.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, that's a great and even brilliant one too, one I didn't mention because I think Ubisoft hasn't reached that level yet.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

i really liked the bloody baron quest line

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I hope Ubisoft won't mind that we praise the competition on this forum. 😉 But I think the storytelling in The Witcher 3 was superior to that of the recent AC games. And many of the choices you made actually mattered, as in the case of the Bloody Baron.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

i played Odyssey right after witcher3, so in odyssey there were some feautres that were done better then in w3.

Liked when i called my mount i would automatically hop onto him, which was nice.
    Or when i was exploring in valhalla i could already complete quests without even having them and then when i found the quest giver i got the reward.
    Also really liked the transmog system.

But apart from that the w3 had so much more depth, especially with creating awesome builds.
    I like tinkingring around when making a build and when there are many aspect coming together. Here in valhalla it doesnt really matter what you wear plate or cloth stats are basically the same, weight isnt doing much.
    All weapons are much of the same. lvling isnt doing anything for you etc.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I didn't mean to say that everything in The Witcher 3 was superior to recent AC games, certainly not, but some important aspects were, in my view. All these games have the same basic mechanism of quests that bring the story forward, but The Witcher 3 did that more fluently than Odyssey or Valhalla.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek The Witcher does have some darn good books to base their story telling on though 😄 I actually prefer the main storyline in TW2 to 3, although of course it completely lacks all the amazing sidequests and outstanding DLC's. However, I'll never get over them cutting Iorveth from TW3.

As for AC, it seems to me people sometimes exaggerate how much they "copied" from TW. There are, after all, other RPG's out there which also have good narrative and complex lore-filled universes, and they def didn't copy the settlement idea from the Witcher, which I think people have said, as it was already to some extent in AC2 and more so in Black Flag.

Essentially though AC doesn't pretend to be a full-blown RPG. In RPG terms as such even the Witcher isn't really one as you only get to play Geralt and some of the consequences in the main storyline seemed rather arbitrary to me, with a tendency to undermine Ciri's independence, and for a grey area character like Geralt, I'm not too keen on introducing right/wrong choices with major consequences based on what boils down to silly interactions (the Bloody Baron quests did that better than the main quest imo). Probably Dragon Age Origins has been the best in that respect. Admirable in that series is also the way player choices can have repercussions in the following titles, as opposed to just saying "you have x choices, but y is canon, so really you don't".

OFC if AC went full down the RPG path, it could be fascinating, letting us pick say Templars or Assassins etc, but I can't see that coming as it's going to make it all a lot more complicated and since the studios don't seem to communicate or build upon one another's work, we'd likely be in for an inferno of retcons.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang You're right. I didn't mean to imply that AC has only copied elements from The Witcher 3, only that it copied some elements from that game, if only because of its enormous success. I haven't played Dragon Age yet; I recently bought Inquisition when it was on sale, so I'm looking forward to that! By the way, some choices you made in TW2 (also a great game, I agree!) carried over to TW3 (although I believe the fate of Lotho was bugged).

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek You're right, I completely forgot about that 😄

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

i enjoyed w1 and w2 a lot. Great music there as well

• Asgardian02

@gloomseeker

its not on sale yet. might try it out when it is maybe.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 you can use those uplay points to get 20% off or buy it from a key store.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

ye it looks like super mario in a different settings. i dont need another addictive game just right now.
    I am happy to wait 6months orso.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I’d hardly call Valhalla addictive once one has finished the main story. More like occupational therapy.
    xD

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

at the beginning it was, but after a certain time played no longer for sure.

how on earth can i upload pictures on these forums?? Clicking on the picture to upload osmething always gives me problem, its either to big of wrong file name etc etc

Suggested Topics