Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 6 Likes/132 Replies/2988 Views
    Oswyne_Umber
    Original poster 1 posts

The cave with the chest at the waterfall next to Anlaf's Lookout is bugged - once you go through the crevice you fall into water that is not there and cannot reach the chest or anything for that matter. The only solution is to load a previous save.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Alice_Brandon
    2 posts

@oswyne_umber I have this problem as well, I am playing on a base PS4.

• SalSageV
    1 posts

@oswyne_umber I'm also experiencing this on xbox.

• guest-GtkZ0CSL
    2 posts

I had this issue as well, I used Odin's sight to see where I was and used light attacks on the rocks and the left analog stick to navigate into the main cavern, still swimming in invisible water. I looted the chest and then fast travelled out of there, keeping the treasure. Hope this helps.

• Orindine
    2 posts

There's a waterfall just to the northeast of Anlaf's Lookout in Eurvicscire. At the base of the waterfall is a cavern with a small chest and what appears to be Titanium. However, upon entering the cavern, Eivor falls into water - that isn't there - and is stuck swimming in the air and is unable to enter the second part of the cavern or leave the first part. The only thing to do is fast travel away.

• cryi75
    1 posts

I am also having this issue. I am playing on the PS4 with patch update 1.1.1 installed.

Here is a clip of what happens - https://clips.twitch.tv/ShakingSincereFishJKanStyle

I can get out by fast travelling or by loading a previous save.

As @guest-GtkZ0CSL mentioned above, you can sort of finagle your way thought the rock crevice to enter the chest room, but it is still a pain. 

• shinjorai
    2 posts

The cave behind the waterfall on my game i cant enter. You can go into the beginning entrance,theres a shadowed area pitch black that even if you throw a torch into it doesnt light up. If you try to walk in anyway, you fall into the water and you cant get out of the water unless you reload a previously saved game. Not a big deal but i thought i would report it so it can be fixed.

• POSf51
    1 posts

@orindine I also have this issue on Xbox one. A cave supposedly holding a standard loot chest behind a waterfall near anlafs lookout while playing the War in the North mission. Once entering the cave, the path is blacked out and Eivor begins swimming in the air. As he is 'swimming' he cannot progress further into or even exit the cave. Can only be reversed by restarting game/console, loading a previous save or fast travelling. Problem still occurs making the loot chest impossible to access unless there is a second path that I don't know about yet.

• duaneforrest
    3 posts

Hey Guys! Thanks for a great game. There is a bug where you can't enter near the "war in the north" chapter 1 mission. There is treasure in there behind the waterfall but when you enter, though you are on dry land, you are swimming and can't enter the treasure room. It's at the body if water south west of Donecaestre.

• pheynix09
    1 posts

If you swing your axe towards the end of the cave with the chest you can "glitch" through the opening and collect everything.

• ctothpal
    1 posts

Good evening,

My Eivor keeps getting stuck in this cave NE of the Anlaf's Lookout Synch point. I can enter about halfway into the cave, but after stepping through the dark spot (in the middle image) Eivor starts swimming and can't stop swimming until I fast travel. I've tried restarting the game and have swam (past tense of swimming?) three out of three times. Thanks for your time (sorry for big images)! Edit: While swimming there isn't an Oxygen counter or anything.
    undefined
    undefined
    undefined

• JigsawsWrath
    2 posts

@guest-gtkz0csl Worked like a charm on Xbox. Followed your exact instructions and it worked. Thanks!

• Xaxarux367
    1 posts

Having the same issue on PC tried entering multiple times to see if it was just a one time bug or if it was consistent and every time I entered I started swimming in the air

• samldr1984
    16 posts

I came across this yesterday, I had to fast travel to get out of the cave.

• dude856321
    2 posts

Today I discovered the most interesting bug. There’s a small chest just northeast of Anlaf’s Lookout hidden behind a waterfall. I went inside the cave and began swimming on solid ground. As I was in a crevice between the outside world and the chest room, I was unable to escape or retrieve my loot. I had to fast travel out.

• jetblackfighter
    34 posts

Just had this happen to me too. I was able to get the chest by attacking toward it to get past the crevice. After looting it, I had to fast travel out.

• guest-GtkZ0CSL
    2 posts

@jigsawswrath no problem, glad I could help 😄

• TaylaSJay
    1 posts

@pheynix09 Thank you!!

• EggKnobble
    36 posts

@pheynix09 Thank you!

• EggKnobble
    36 posts

Check the answer in this topic: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93019/small-chest-area-behind-waterfall-near-anlaf-s-lookout-is-inaccessible

@pheynix09 had the solution for this. It works, but needs a fix tho.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics