Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • azullFR
    502 posts

@zack772010
    I had the same bug-glitch 2 times :

• 1rst time : I used fast travel to a sync point
    • 2nd time : while "swiming" in the "corridor" I used weapons and pushed "running" to go into the cave, I entered the cave, but I was still "swimming", looted what I wanted, and then used fast travel..

Nice day to you πŸ™‚

PS4pro fully up-to-date

• guest-zLxtEUZ9
    1 posts

Cannot get to chest in waterfall North East of Anlaf's lookout in Eurvicscire. Get half way in to the cave and Eivor drops to the ceiling and then is stuck as if it is water, with water sounds and swimming instead of walking. Can't pass through to continue to chest and can't pass back out of the waterfall, have to reload an earlier save to get out .

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@guest-zlxteuz9 Hey there! We appreciate the report. This issue is currently being looked into. We appreciate everyone's patience while this is being investigated. A reminder that those who wish to assist in this investigation can provide us a copy of their save game files by creating a new ticket with our dedicated support team, and attaching these files to the ticket!

Official Response
  • azullFR
    502 posts

Hi all,
    stuck with the cave ?
    I could loot it :

1. Entering the "corridor"
    2. swimming bug
    3. Hold on swimming while hitting to the cave and pushing "sprint" button (both actions done like an [censored] even if I didn't see anymore the cave, only black view) till I entered the cave, still swimming...
    4. while swimming, looted
    5. Fast travel to a sync
    6. That's done !

NIce day to all πŸ™‚

• azullFR
    502 posts

@azullfr
    an advice :
    use only light weapons, like 2 small Raven axes (they are light and thin)
    or maybe none ...
    πŸ™‚

• azullFR
    502 posts

Note : there is always 1 Fabric
    Tip : Use Odin sight to see the white and the golden lights, if necessarry use the "Dive" button
    Here is a video (no weapon equiped) :

• azullFR
    502 posts

@ubi-wan
    hi !
    I have just seen this topic (it was not in search results) before the one I just made exclusively about the workaround (with a video) :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94692/swimming-cave-near-anlaf-s-lookout-a-workaround
    do I need to merge it to this one and suppress it ?

Nice day to you πŸ™‚

• TheShoe105
    2 posts

Hi there at Anlaf's lookout there is a bug in the cave where you get the loot chest. I have tryed many times to get it, but every time I fail at it. It seems that the cave is just at some point decided that it was a lake, by that I mean you start to swim in thin air. I can attached a picture if that needed. I hope this cave with the water bug is getting fixed soon. Thanks for reading this, and have a great day

• TheShoe105
    2 posts

@azullfr Thanks for the help

• azullFR
    502 posts

a big up to pheynix09 πŸ‘
    he found the trick before me ! πŸ™‚

here is is post :

pheynix09 1 posts
    Jan 17, 2021, 4:12 AM
    If you swing your axe towards the end of the cave with the chest you can "glitch" through the opening and collect everything.

here is the link to is post :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/93746/unable-to-access-small-chest-behind-waterfall-near-anlaf-s-lookout-post-here/1?_=1613278172830

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2003 posts

Hello all!

I've merged a few more duplicate threads into this megathread. This allows us to keep all discussion about the investigation in one place, and prevents any miscommunication or loss of information. I apologise if this has disrupted any discussions taking place.

I'd like to provide you all with an update! The development team has been able to reproduce this issue and are investigating further. At this moment in time, we are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save file. Once you've opened a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure everything is forwarded correctly.

In the meantime, you should still be able to loot the small chest even if you're swimming. As several of you have shared, you can "attack" the gap, which should allow you to slip into the cavern where the chest is located. You can also hold the sprint button to push yourself through. Once in the cavern, you can loot the chest and then fast travel away. This should return Eivor to solid ground! I personally encountered this issue myself, and I was able to get into the cavern using this workaround and loot the chest.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Flavio83
    1 posts

Hello there,
    There is a cave with a small chest inside that is really bugged. If I try to enter the cave to collect the chest, Eivor will start swimming in the air and cannot reach the chest anymore. Also after the bug, you cannot exit the cave as you can't move because (obviously) no one can swim in tha air. The only way to get out is using a fast travel.
    The cave is the one behind the waterfall near the fast travel point of Anlaf guard post (very close to the nort-east) west to Donecester.
    Please take a look.
    Thanks.

• LedoveeeKladivo
    64 posts

this is known bug

when you swim in the cave, fight with your melee weapon to get inside, to get out use fast travel

• azullFR
    502 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hi !
    Just a question before sending file(s)
    Do you prefer :
    1 file Patch 1.1.1 ( PS4 pro - Latest Sony Firmware 8.0.3 )
    or
    1 file Patch 1.1.2 ( PS4 pro - Latest Sony Firmware 8.0.3 )
    or
    both and in this case 1 Ticket for 2 files or 2 separated Tickets ?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2003 posts

Hello there @azullFR!

As 1.1.2 is due to be deployed today, would you be able to wait until the game has updated and then provide a save file? It would be worthwhile to check if the issue still persists following TU 1.1.2, or if it has been resolved within this patch.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • LedoveeeKladivo
    64 posts

@azullfr

hi, thanks. I had this bug too, but as I wrote, I manage to get into the cave a loot chest, so done for me. My message was for Flavio83

• azullFR
    502 posts

@ledoveeekladivo
    My bad, my response was for flavio83 too...
    Really sorry
    Have a great nice day πŸ™‚

• HippyRick2018
    1 posts

I have come across a bug which forces you to close the application.

Area of map:

Eurvicscire

Closest sync point to bug is:

Anlaf's Lookout

Bug Issue:

To the north-east of Anlaf's lookout is a waterfall containing a small treasure chest, upon climbing up to the entrance of the cave, you can collect a few ore collectables, upon entering the cave, press odin's sight which shows a path forward to where you want to head to, a few more steps forward to the next ore collectable, before you reach that said collectable, you are suddenly swimming, even though through sight, ii is a clear path. Your controls go a bit haywire as with the the camera angle. You can maybe swim forward and towards the entrance again, but you can't exit and therefore you have to close the game down and restart at your last checkpoint.

I have tried this 3 times now and have had the same results.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics