Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rock5tar77
    14 posts

@hanwitopa perfect! Cuz the new update has no fix for Defensive Measures.

• songlover124
    6 posts

I've checked the known issues and this isn't among them. While playing the Asgard Arc I got to the part in the Defensive Measures quest where I have to kill all the invaders. The issue is nothing will happen. I have to go outside the barrier and bait them to follow me to the barrier and even when I kill them nothing happens. Any fix or am I going to just wait till the new game plus to restart and hopefully play this arc?

• ukShane
    2 posts

Updated to 1.2.0 and this is still a really frustrating issue. It doesn't matter what I do the shield will not turn green and I can't progress beyond this - leaving to a fast travel point still kills you.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @songlover124,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team for further review? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Kedari1220
    11 posts

I have been attempting to complete the Defensive Measures for months now with no luck. When might this issue be resolved? Below are links to gameplay of my attempts to complete the quest in the current version of AC Valhalla (v1.2.0).

Thank You

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3931 posts

Hello all!

The development team are still looking into "Defensive Measures" further, which is why it has not been included in TU 1.2.0. For clarity's sake, I'd like to specify the ongoing investigations taking place for this quest.

• Unable to proceed after bringing the Builder his paint jars
      • Comment: You can follow the investigation into this issue in this megathread.
    • Cannot proceed with Defensive Measures as the enemies are not killed by the shield/no enemies appear.
      • Comment: In this case, the shield may remain red, or does not change from green to red when luring the Jotuns to the shield. The development team are still investigating this issue further, and are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please would you be able to open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation.
    • The Builder disappears from the area and/or cannot be interacted with
      • Comment: The development team are still investigating this issue further, and are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please would you be able to open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation.

If you are encountering an issue that has not been listed above, and is part of the "Defensive Measures" questline, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can investigate this further.

We currently have no new new information to share from these investigations. Once we have any updates made available to us, we will share them within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

@budlighttxn - Thanks for bringing the missing enemies to my attention. It appears I missed that off the list. The development team believe that to be linked to the shield not killing the enemies either during "Survive the Attack," so I have included them within the same investigation for now.

@bfliar - Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I've passed this on for you.

@guest-PBsbTcGp & @Kedari1220 - Thanks for taking the time to share videos with us. I've passed these along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • phileeeeeeep930
    5 posts

So I checked the forums this morning and saw an update had been released. I checked the notes and hmm... no mentions of defensive measures. I decided to turn on my PS4 and update the game anyway, who knows, maybe it's randomly fixed (which is exactly what I say to myself every time I see an update). Update installed and into Asgard I go. To my absolute surprise (extreme sarcasm) nothing's changed, this quest is still broken. Spent about 20 minutes coaxing the Jotun into the bubble just to have another group spawn in the area. This all seem so fruitless.

Maybe I have it all wrong but isn't this whole Asgard quest line pretty crucial to the story in the game? Doesn't this give the player a clearer understanding of things at the end of the game? I wouldn't actually know because I'm not able to progress through this but this would be my semi educated guess.

These defensive measures issues extend back to November...November. Why is this not getting attention but players seeing the same players Jomsvikings is suddenly a high enough priority for a hotfix? **insert Mugatu I feel like I'm taking crazy pills dot gif**

The open a support ticket request is laughable. I did that, submitted saved file and a 15min video. All for what? My support ticket gets closed as "resolved" because well, support actually can't do anything except forward this on to the developers. These threads have multiple references to videos, I'm sure 100s have put in support tickets. What more do you all need from us?

I hope you can understand that I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated that I paid for a broken product. I'm frustrated that it feels like you're prioritizing $$$ content before making sure your players can actually finish the storyline. I'm just frustrated.

• Bloodtusk
    1 posts

@claiger_
    I am in the same situation. i have tried everything people have posted and nothing seems to work. kill all enemies or run around dodging i still can not progress and reloading a save is not in mybest interest since we are talking over 80 hours would be lost

• songlover124
    6 posts
    @ubi-mark Hello, sorry for the late reply. It's been hectic the past few days. Where should I upload the video?
  • songlover124
    6 posts

Here is the link to the

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1878 posts

@songlover124 Thanks for the video. I can confirm that this issue has been reported and the dev team are working on a fix for a future update.

In the meantime I would recommend trying to load a previous save before you started the quest if possible then try again.

Official Response
  • songlover124
    6 posts

@ubi-keo Unfortunately that is not possible as I would lose over 80 hours of gameplay. Hopefully, a future update will fix it. Thanks!

• patiphanti
    1 posts

Bug in asgard : Defensive Measure can’t finish ,can’t do anything when kill them all

• ItsHeartless
    6 posts

4 months after this post was made...the mission is still bugged in the exact same way. I just wanna play

• AnimusAnomaly
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

I know, here is the millionth rant...

Like many others, I am now completely stuck in the game, level 400+, just holding on finishing the story until I can progress in Asgard, and Drink the Potion is still not completing for me.

We can put out with Eivor dying for no reasons while having 6 rations when bitten once by a wolf, getting stuck between rocks or other cosmetic glitches, losing the horse galloping sound, Reda's contract being completed but not counted toward 10 or other accepted contract disappearing before even being attempted, trying to unlock NPC behavior by hitting or pushing them to continue a quest, or moving around while frantically pressing all the buttons to trigger the damn cut scene sometimes...

But please, either you can fix those story breaking bugs before the first DLC (so next patch ~April 16th), or give us a way to restart a broken quest (maybe a 5s press and hold on the quest title) if the team is lost trying to figure out how to recreate and fix the issues. Maybe it will bug out the next try, maybe it will go through but we can try something to progress and report under which conditions it worked or not.

At this point, we need more that cat population increase, foxes out of the cities, settlement decoration and Easter eggs hunt...

Thanks for the efforts though.

• Breaker-9
    1 posts

I am currently trying to clear the quest 'Defensive Measures', at the stage where you need to survive an attack.

After defeating the enemies that engage, the objective persists as 'survive attack' and does not progress further. I have tried shooting any nearby enemies with arrows to draw them to clear the area of any enemies that do not go to engage and that has not helped.

Left Asgard and then returned and I just get dropped into that stage of the quest and I cannot continue. There is never a prompt that I have successfully survived the attack and I am unable to speak to the builder.

I have tried to submit a support ticket, but apparently I can't do that because only live chat is accessible to receive to support at present.

Please fix this, because it's ridiculous that a story quest is just stuck like this.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 678 posts

Hey!

We've received reports of players who are unable to complete the quest Defensive Measures.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's forums.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

Official Response
  • Daner725
    11 posts

@guest-yi3qltdl
    I’m with you. If they can create all this new content... why can they not pause the new stuff and fix this huge storyline piece? I don’t even have a desire to play, even with the new features or add-ons. And I definitely won’t be purchasing any future DLC. I had pre-ordered this game and this has been a problem since basically the first few weeks of November. Ridiculous.

• ukShane
    2 posts

@daner725 It's so depressing. You can track back Ubisoft replies going back months saying they're looking into it and nothing has happened.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello there,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

@phileeeeeeep930 - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. As you mentioned that your case is resolved - it means that our support forwarded your case to the development team with your video and your save file. I checked it for you and I can see that your zip file attached to the case has been forwarded to the ongoing investigation. Once we have an update from the development team, we are going to let everyone know through these forums.

@guest-yI3qLtDL - It looks like this issue is taking longer than usual to resolve, my apologies! I just checked the status of this reported issue and I can see that the development team are still working on it. Once we have more information from them, we are going to update everyone ASAP.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics