Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Daner725
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

The update has not solved my issue. It is same as before. I drink potion, spawn next to builder. Shield is still red and builder is just painting. No enemies coming and I loose health rapidly if I step outside the shield. I’ve had this issue since November...

A video of my issue is already posted in this thread.

• budlighttxn
    2 posts

This patch solved my issue, but it wasn't an immediate fix. Here's what I had to do to get it to work:

The shield was green and there was no builder next to the pillar. No enemies were coming toward me, but I was able to walk outside of the shield without any health damage. When I got the enemies attention, they would slowly come toward the shield and would be killed if they tried to enter the shield.

When I returned inside the shield, the builder was standing in front of the pillar with the Quest symbol over him, but I could not speak with him. I tried luring more enemies in, hoping it would unleash the "Survive the attack" wave. It never came. Eventually, I left the shield and killed all the enemies in the vicinity from all directions, not just the left side facing away from the shield. There are others on the right and even more walking on the hill in between the left and right side of the shield. After I killed everyone and returned, the quest was able to be completed.

FWIW, my issue before the patch was that the builder was painting the pillar and unresponsive. I could never get all the enemies to come get me unless they were close enough to get their attention with an arrow. Eventually, I ran out of enemies and any attempt to leave the shield would deplete my health. I found myself stuck in the shield with no way to progress the story.

Hope this helps.

• Daner725
    11 posts

@budlighttxn

so the patch made your shield green? Mine has been red the whole time so I can’t go find the rest of the jotuns without dying. Glad it worked out for you though.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with "Defensive Measures" following TU 1.2.1.

@Daner725 - I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists for you following TU 1.2.1. The development team would appreciate a new video that shows the issue persists with TU 1.2.1 installed, as this will help them to investigate further. Could you please send us a new video?

@budlighttxn - Thank you for sharing the steps you took to resolve the issue. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to proceed through "Defensive Measures."

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • nonchalance_kec
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis

·        Addressed an issue with the Builder in the Defensive Measures quest preventing players from progressing.

this finaly fixed my bug. i had the same issues as @budlighttxn ( builder was painting the pillar and unresponsive )

thank you, now i can continue my game after 3 month ⚔

• Daner725
    11 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@nonchalance_kec - Thanks for updating us! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you 😄

@Daner725 - Thank you for providing a new video for us. I've passed this along to the development team so they can investigate further. Would you be able to let us know your PSN username so I can include this in your report?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Daner725
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

my PSN username is: daner725

• Ubi-Borealis

@Daner725 - Thanks for confirming that for me. I've now reopened the investigation and passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

If anyone else is still encountering issues with "Defensive Measures" following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • phileeeeeeep930
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis Still broken for me. Seeing the same issues as before / same as Daner725. I had a previous ticket opened on this with a similar video but here's a new one showing 1.2.1.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello @phileeeeeeep930!

I'm sorry to hear you're still unable to proceed in "Defensive Measures." Thank you for submitting a new video for us. I've passed this report to the development team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hello, and thank you all for your patience during these times. The Game team has been investigating issues of not being able to proceed in the Quest Defensive Measures. After the most recent update, 1.2.1, is anyone still unable to complete this Quest? If you are still unable to proceed, I have a few questions for you.

• Are you stuck inside the shield? Or are you unable to enter the shield?
    • Did the enemies spawn? Were you able to attack them?
    • If able to attack the enemies, did they die?
    • Have you tried fast travelling and returning?
    • Have you tried reverting to an earlier save?
    • What platform are you playing on? Can you send your most recent manual save to the cloud?
    Official Response
  • Daner725
    11 posts

Are you stuck inside the shield? Or are you unable to enter the shield? Did the enemies spawn? Were you able to attack them? If able to attack the enemies, did they die? Have you tried fast travelling and returning? Have you tried reverting to an earlier save?What platform are you playing on? Can you send your most recent manual save to the cloud?

1. I am not stuck in or out of shield, I can move freely between but loose health quickly once outside the shield
    2. a few enemies spawned, maybe 8-9, but after that I can see them wandering around but they do not attack.
    3. have tried to fast travel and return many times. Within Asgard, I just die. When I wake up, I am able to continue playing in the normal world map
    4. once I had the problem I began to play the rest of the storyline and finished everything else while waiting for a fix, so I cannot go back to an earlier save
    5. ps4
    6. i will try to figure out how to send my last save file soon
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Daner725! Thanks for providing that additional information for us. I've added this to your report.

You saves should automatically be added to the cloud as long as you are connected to online. You can check this by looking for the cloud icon on your save file!

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • phileeeeeeep930
    5 posts
    • I am stuck inside the shield. Leaving the shield causes my health to go down.
    • Enemies spawn outside of the shield and have to be provoked to get close enough to attack with something other than arrows
    • The enemies do die but they seem to keep regenerating in roving groups of 4 and I eventually run out of arrows and enough health to coax them near the shield.
    • If I fast travel in Asgard I die.
    • This issue started occurring months ago and I no longer have a save file from that time to revert to.
    • PS4. My most recent save in Asgard has been pushed to the cloud.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @phileeeeeeep930!

Thanks for providing that additional information for us. I've added this to the report we submitted earlier on your behalf 🙂

Official Response
  • Daner725
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis
    my manual save is now saved to the cloud. Thanks for keeping us updated.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for adding your save to the cloud, @Daner725. The development team have been notified so they can take a closer look at this 😊

Official Response
  • songlover124
    6 posts

I made a post a few weeks (months?) ago about an issue like this where I can't progress since no invaders invade during "kill all invaders". I can't find anything to fix it and I have over 156 hours in this game so "deleting and restart" would really really suck. Any ideas? I'm at my wit's end here.

• LyNiBu_1727
    1 posts

In Defensive Measures, once I reach the "Survive attack" stage, I get stuck. I've survived the attack for 20 min stretchs at a time, and it never progresses. I've loaded previous saves, and at every point I reach this stage, this happens. I've swithed interface languanges and restarted the game with an earlier save and this keeps happening regardless. One thing I've notices is that 3 or 4 trolls remain outside the bubble every time (they spawn after the "kill all enemies" part) but never approach and enter the bubble. I've tried going out to lure them, but die before reaching all of them, since I'm outside the bubble. How can I fix this? As it is, I can't play advance in the story Asgard.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics