Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1365 posts

Hello all!

Please allow me to apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of "Defensive Measures." Based off the reports we have received, it looks like there are three main issues that are occuring:

• The Builder has disappeared from the quest area
    • The forcefield does not change to red and kill the Jotun enemies, or it will change to red but the Jotun enemies are unaffected
    • After "Surviving the Attack" and the shield changes back to green, the Builder is unable to be interacted with.

I've checked in with the development team and I can see that they are still investigating each of these issues further. I have passed on all the reports that have been shared within this thread since my last update, so these can be used in the investigation.

At this moment in time, we have no news to share from the investigation, including an ETA for a resolution. Once we have any new updates, these will be posted within this thread and within our News & Announcements forum.

@Requiemmm - Thanks for sharing an image. This has been passed on to the development team.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • wmmurphy000
    20 posts

Scripted, tone-deaf responses are just as bad as no response at all. That's what this feels like.

• Atticus1495
    3 posts

@rock5tar77 It is the same for me. I can't finish this quest, plus I am missing one of Tyr's tears stones

• standoffjosh
    68 posts

@ubi-borealis theirs four issues actually, please do not forget the issue when placing the jars to the builder and the level doesn’t progress

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@wmmurphy000 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel our response are scripted. Please be assured that we take the time to try and read every post made within these threads, and we do our best to address any questions or concerns that have been made. We are unable to share unconfirmed details from the investigations, such as details regarding fixes, or providing ETAs when there are none. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, we try our best to update you all as soon as we're able to. If you have any additional feedback that you would like us to pass forward, please let us know, as we'd like to see if there is anything further we can do 🙂

@Atticus1495 - I'm sorry to hear that you're missing one of Ymir's tear stones. Do you know if it's linked to a certain quest or event?

@standoffjosh - We have a separate megathread for that specific issue, which is why it was not included in that list. You can check on the investigation into the builder's paint jars here.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Rock5tar77
    14 posts

@atticus1495 I believe the last tear is given or gotten once Defensive Measure/The Builder Quest is completed. It's all I have left to complete with 1st Asgard trip.

• budlighttxn
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis There is another issue that is mentioned in this thread where you "Survive the Attack" from all the enemies that come inside the red shield, but no other enemies are available after a while to storm the shield. I would assume that would be the end of it, but the Builder is just standing there unresponsive while painting the stone and there are no more enemies to fight to finish the quest. I've used an arrow to try and attract attention from a distance, but even that does not trigger an end to the quest. Unless this is addressed in a different megathread, it appears in line with this thread and does not conform to the 3 options described above.

• Atticus1495
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I have done all the side quests, view points, even restarted my game. Still nothing. The quest and Mimir's stone is glitched. Also the Builder has dissappeared

• JAKEOMAC
    6 posts

Nearly 4 months. 4 months!!!! You must understand that this feels like a joke now. Really ruined a great game for me and for many others.

• bfliar
    2 posts

If your team is unable to fix this bug, it would be great if there was an option somewhere in the interface to manually mark the mission as complete so that we can move on with the game.

• Rock5tar77
    14 posts

@hanwitopa perfect! Cuz the new update has no fix for Defensive Measures.

• songlover124
    5 posts

I've checked the known issues and this isn't among them. While playing the Asgard Arc I got to the part in the Defensive Measures quest where I have to kill all the invaders. The issue is nothing will happen. I have to go outside the barrier and bait them to follow me to the barrier and even when I kill them nothing happens. Any fix or am I going to just wait till the new game plus to restart and hopefully play this arc?

• ukShane
    2 posts

Updated to 1.2.0 and this is still a really frustrating issue. It doesn't matter what I do the shield will not turn green and I can't progress beyond this - leaving to a fast travel point still kills you.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 435 posts

Hello @songlover124,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team for further review? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Kedari1220
    11 posts

I have been attempting to complete the Defensive Measures for months now with no luck. When might this issue be resolved? Below are links to gameplay of my attempts to complete the quest in the current version of AC Valhalla (v1.2.0).

Thank You

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

The development team are still looking into "Defensive Measures" further, which is why it has not been included in TU 1.2.0. For clarity's sake, I'd like to specify the ongoing investigations taking place for this quest.

• Unable to proceed after bringing the Builder his paint jars
      • Comment: You can follow the investigation into this issue in this megathread.
    • Cannot proceed with Defensive Measures as the enemies are not killed by the shield/no enemies appear.
      • Comment: In this case, the shield may remain red, or does not change from green to red when luring the Jotuns to the shield. The development team are still investigating this issue further, and are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please would you be able to open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation.
    • The Builder disappears from the area and/or cannot be interacted with
      • Comment: The development team are still investigating this issue further, and are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please would you be able to open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation.

If you are encountering an issue that has not been listed above, and is part of the "Defensive Measures" questline, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can investigate this further.

We currently have no new new information to share from these investigations. Once we have any updates made available to us, we will share them within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

@budlighttxn - Thanks for bringing the missing enemies to my attention. It appears I missed that off the list. The development team believe that to be linked to the shield not killing the enemies either during "Survive the Attack," so I have included them within the same investigation for now.

@bfliar - Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I've passed this on for you.

@guest-PBsbTcGp & @Kedari1220 - Thanks for taking the time to share videos with us. I've passed these along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • phileeeeeeep930
    4 posts

So I checked the forums this morning and saw an update had been released. I checked the notes and hmm... no mentions of defensive measures. I decided to turn on my PS4 and update the game anyway, who knows, maybe it's randomly fixed (which is exactly what I say to myself every time I see an update). Update installed and into Asgard I go. To my absolute surprise (extreme sarcasm) nothing's changed, this quest is still broken. Spent about 20 minutes coaxing the Jotun into the bubble just to have another group spawn in the area. This all seem so fruitless.

Maybe I have it all wrong but isn't this whole Asgard quest line pretty crucial to the story in the game? Doesn't this give the player a clearer understanding of things at the end of the game? I wouldn't actually know because I'm not able to progress through this but this would be my semi educated guess.

These defensive measures issues extend back to November...November. Why is this not getting attention but players seeing the same players Jomsvikings is suddenly a high enough priority for a hotfix? **insert Mugatu I feel like I'm taking crazy pills dot gif**

The open a support ticket request is laughable. I did that, submitted saved file and a 15min video. All for what? My support ticket gets closed as "resolved" because well, support actually can't do anything except forward this on to the developers. These threads have multiple references to videos, I'm sure 100s have put in support tickets. What more do you all need from us?

I hope you can understand that I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated that I paid for a broken product. I'm frustrated that it feels like you're prioritizing $$$ content before making sure your players can actually finish the storyline. I'm just frustrated.

• Bloodtusk
    1 posts

@claiger_
    I am in the same situation. i have tried everything people have posted and nothing seems to work. kill all enemies or run around dodging i still can not progress and reloading a save is not in mybest interest since we are talking over 80 hours would be lost

• songlover124
    5 posts
    @ubi-mark Hello, sorry for the late reply. It's been hectic the past few days. Where should I upload the video?
  • songlover124
    5 posts

Here is the link to the

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics