Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • UbiKoality
    Ubisoft Support Staff 440 posts

@avarat2 Hey there! I genuinely apologize for the delayed response. Due to our recent releases, all of our teams have been extremely busy working to answer the support inquiries coming our way. Moving forward, I'm also sorry to hear about this problem you were encountering in Assassin's Creed Valhalla! As it turns out, this bug should have been addressed in today's 1.1.0 patch. You can find the patch notes in full here. Can you please try reloading your game, rebuilding your database, then let me know if the bug persists? Thank you!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@Rufwood2020 @Seej86 Hello there! I apologize for any inconvenience or annoyance that this bug may have caused you. As of today's 1.1.0 patch, the bug should be resolved! Can you both please ensure that your game is completely updated, reload it, and let me know if the problem is fixed? Thanks!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@andemann93 Hello! I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused by these problems in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you for including these details and the video, they're extremely helpful!! Can you please verify the game's files in Uplay to ensure everything required for the game was properly installed? It would also be beneficial to complete the rest of our technical troubleshooting guide! Please let me know if those steps make any improvements with this problem.

Official Response
  • youknomehdai
    5 posts

@reyrod01 I like it too much to give it up 😭😭😭😭 thankfully I haven’t experienced game breaking bugs up until this point. I completed the story and everything. The only think left is the Asgard quest. I have 170+ hours invested. I am not tryin to lose all that!

• Seej86
    6 posts

Hey, I updated the game and restarted the console, but still having problems. The builder isn’t interacting and the Jotuns aren’t attacking unless I approach them. But then if I go too far it chews my health. I’ve come out of it and gone back in. Saved and loaded several times, but getting nowhere.

• reyrod01
    4 posts

@youknomehdai I'm the same way. In England I just need to complete the Hunter & Fishing deliveries, but those are too time-consuming, and one cairn in Hamtunscire, but that one is a huge pain in the [censored]. I was really looking forward to the Asgard quests, but as I went thru the posts regarding this specific quest, I saw that gamers were having this issue going back a day or two after the games release date. So that tells me that Ubisoft is having a hard time fixing this bug, since we're coming up on 5 weeks from its release date, and they haven't been able to fix it.

• youknomehdai
    5 posts

@reyrod01 OMG. Don't get me started about the cairn. It took forever but I finally finished them all. A trick to one I think in hamtunscire, you have to prop one of the biggest rock that is triangular shaped, with a tiny rock and that will help level it out and make It steady. *I hope that helps.*

• romeinc
    3 posts

For Defensive Measures, now when I return to Asgard I spawn at the shield thing, but the Builder is gone. There's no objective listed for the quest anymore, and it just spawns endless waves of Jotun. I'm on PS5 patch 1.1.0.

• UbiKoality

@seej86 Thank you for the additional details. What platform are you playing on? Would you be able to provide a video exhibiting the problem?

Official Response
  • mezzydom
    2 posts

Still broken.

At least now I'm not automatically killed when I came back to Asgard. I spawned inside the "red shield" and spent about 2 hours trying to get this to work. I did all the things listed to do on other forums like restart/reload the game, change the language, save on top of a pillar and nothing. I've kill the jotuns. I ran out/rode out on my mount and tried to coax them inside. I tired to keep as many alive as possible until an "elite" showed up. I tried to fast travel away but that just killed me.

So, I'm level 400+ and I don't have a previous save to go back to. I guess I don't get to play the Asgard content? I'm done with almost everything else, just working on clearing the wealth/mysteries/artifacts and doing the hunting/fishing quest. Maybe I can get some nice junk from the Yule festival or whatever.

• diogo461
    1 posts

Help mission defensive measures

I started the mission and it appears a NPC called the builder

So he starts to build like a shield to protect a place and there are few people from jotunheim to fight with

The shield changes from green to red and then again to green. I've saw YouTube videos where after changing again into green there is a conversation between Eivor and the builder and then the mission ends

In my case, I have no builder , he has disappeared. The shield has already changed unto green and there are the jotunheim fighters, but no matter how many people I killed, the mission never ends

Anyone can help me?

• ItsHeartless
    6 posts

I have the same issue. The Title Update 1.1.0 says the mission is fixed and I'm still having the issue.

• ItsHeartless
    6 posts

After the title update 1.1.0 my mission is still bugged. The builder is gone, the shield bubble is green, enemies can still run through it, and there is no objective text under the mission text. Playing on PC. I've played about 10+ hours since I got stuck with the glitch and have tried every fix people have mentioned.

• romeinc
    3 posts

So 1.1.0 is nice and the main issue of dying in Asgard is fixed, but now when I return to the glowing green shield thing, it loads up and I'm attacked by wave after wave of Jotun, but the Builder is completely gone and there is no objective at all for the quest anymore. There's no way to restart the quest that I know of, I hate to be locked out of what I assume is a major aspect of the story.

• AmonAmarv
    2 posts

@ubikoality hey, i have exactly the same problem and i'm playing on PS4.

• Reddevil4GUD
    3 posts

Since the recent update, v 1.1.0 defensive measures is still broken. The issue that would cause us to spawn outside the bubble, when returning to Asgard has now been fixed. However after defeating the wave of enemies nothing happens and we still have no way of restarting the mission.

• Seej86
    6 posts

I’m on Xbox one. Soon as I get on the game I’ll send you what happens. Cheers

• JAKEOMAC
    6 posts

Waited all this time for the reload and auto death bug to be fixed on defensive measures. Now I respawn in the bubble. Great! But the enemies do not come now. Please just sort this mission out. Get rid of the huge health chunks being lost outside the bubble. Or anything so I can complete the game. Please

• Andemann93
    3 posts

@ubikoality Thank you for your response 🙂

I have verified game files and followed the full technical troubleshooting guide, but the error still persists I'm afraid. Roughly 10 enemies spawn and after I have taken care of them, nothing else happens.

After seeing gameplay from other users, it seems as the "Survive the attack" part of the mission is the part that fails to trigger.

• Seej86
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics