Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

because he has an extra video for the runes, or which runes you mean now?
    Odin´s rune or the runes on the collectors edition in ISU language?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

I´m trolling you 🙂

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

The odin runes, I believe he was the one that told jayvee "you definitely found something" lol...no problem

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Darby said: "... indeed..." not definetely 🙂

vague statement

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

Whatever,,I was just giving the gist of it,I don't have a photographic memory,,,very vague almost useless

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

So, I think, we have to wait or maybe someone will see / identify something what we do not have inspected yet.
    From my point of view, I´m lost, but you all know that 🙂

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

I agree, just wait for a response, something to help continue or end thisI really hope there's something to this...all those hours...meaning the communitys combined efforts

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

Okay, let's take another fresh look at Bran, based on a close reading of the notes and other in-game information. Be ready for a long read.

We know Bran set out to find "Fae Treasures of Belas Knap, the ring of Silvanus, and who knows what else", "artefacts hidden around Glowecestre".

He was evidently unable to get his hands on the "Fae Treasures of Belas Knap", since we (Eivor) get to do that in the game. The treasure consists of Morrigan's Guard, a shield "of another era or another world", "made of a strange material", which is heavily implied to be an Isu-artefact (although not on the same level as Mjolnir, Excalibur, Gungnir and Nodens' Arc). The note at Belas Knap explains why Bran wasn't able to get the treasure because "only those touched may pass through Belas Knap". Eivor "Wolf-Kissed" is obviously "touched". In the same note there is also a reference to venturing "onward to worlds unspoken", but this has not (yet?) happened.

Next on Bran's list is "the ring of Silvanus". This, we know, is a reference to Tolkien, who worked at the excavation site of Nodens' temple at Lydney Park. Tolkien based his One Ring on the reference in an inscription found at Nodens' temple to a lost ring. In-game, Nodens' temple is represented by the Temple of Ceres with the associated Hidden Ones Bureau. Back to Bran: he was unable to find the ring, which had been "stolen" from the temple, but Eivor did find it in one of the houses of Glowecestre. It can't be picked up, unfortunately. In case everything was not obvious enough, Bran's note is actually titled "One Ring". So this "artefact" has been accounted for too.

Bran then takes up another clue, which was to lead him to "the Mask of Janus", described as "an enchanted item that allows the wearer to pass between the doorways between worlds" (and as "a cursed mask" by Bran's brother Dafydd, linking it to the "fae", or Isu). Bran searches high and low for the mask, but without success and finally, frustrated, returns home.

We don't know for certain what happens next. @Tchester1980 has suggested that his grave is to be found on the hilltop close to Thieves' Warren, where we can also find a superbly detailed medallion (which we can't pick up). We don't know yet where this medallion comes from. Whether or not this is indeed Bran's grave, this medallion is something out of the ordinary, which begs for an explanation, as does Bran's fate.

Although Bran was forced to conclude that "the mask is more myth than fact", there is every reason to believe that the Mask of Janus is indeed an (Isu-)artefact, that is somewhere to be found in the game, specifically somewhere around Glowecestre. The other treasures Bran set out to find did also really exist.

Janus, by the way, is the Roman god of doorways, and it has been suggested by some scholars that his counterpart in Norse mythology is Heimdall. Heimdall, of course, is one of the Isu that used Yggdrasil, only to be reincarnated too early as Rig (see the Rigsogur). His tomb could be another loose end.

Of course, the Mask of Janus could be the item we need to finally activate the runes, but it also deserves our attention in its own right. We may have learned nothing new, and we did explore this area before, but after reviewing the in-game 'evidence' once again, I still think it's worthwhile to keep investigating this. 

What do you think? Did I miss anything, did I misinterpret something?

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

No. very concise and well written, what relationship does Odins rune have to the mask of Janus...anything?The reason I ask is if the mask opens doorways...what's the rune for? Just a location for the mask?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 That's pure conjecture at this point. The runes have something to do with illusions and deceptions, and in Jotunheim some of the illusions have hidden doorways, which leads to Janus. But, as I said, conjecture.

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

The rune is also Odins rune for Loki, the trickster...we have the Asgard longboat, we have Asgard, we have the jotunheim longboat, we have Jotunheim, we have the helheim longboat....where's helheim?

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@duskdragon56496

I do understand that we've been finding new runes faster and more regularly before, but it also seems logical to me that the less of them left, the harder it becomes...

And given how "out of the way" the 5th one was compared to the others, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining ones (if there are) would be in even more remote areas, where few of us ever set foot, or much better hidden (like in a cave, or behind a tree growing right by a cliff, etc...)

The last thing I checked before the firefly thing was the region of south-eastern Suthexe (South of Crawleah) because someone pointed that if you drew a line from the one near Raventhorpe to the one on the Southern coast and drew another from the last rune which was found to the one in Hatumshire (sp?), you ended up with 2 lines of very similar length and almost parralel to each other, so I thought if I draw another similar line starting from the one in East-Anglia, where would it end up?

Ok, this was apparently a dead-end but we won't be sure of it until at least a few others checked around too, I could easily have missed something, walked right by a clue without even realizing what was right under my nose...

All I'm saying is, we've got bigger numbers on our side now, let's put this to good use! All we can do is explore new ideas and new areas until we stumble upon something.

Edit: spelling

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 We've hit a brick wall with the runes for the moment, so I'm just trying to solve another loose end that may or may not have anything to do with the runes.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Really good and detailed explaination of that. I fully agree and to confirm my theory about the grave, I will of course join in to uncover more secrets. Thanks a lot for this

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

I know...but where is Helheim?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 I don't know. But I do know I'll end up down there if I don't eat... 😉 It's dinner time here.

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone, investigate as you will, I wish you the best of luck, but until somone from Ubisoft either confirms or denies there's something to find, all conjecture, speculation or ideas are going to end up right back in this forum at a dead end, I hope it doesn't but there's no confirmation whatsoever there's anything to find at all. And there never has been.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

I got you... fully understood.
    For me, better doing something and running after a myth instead of doing nothing and due to this here, it sweetens the waiting time for the new DLC for me.
    But on the end, everybody has the choose by themselves what to do.... right!

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

just some cool stuff

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@tchester1980 The ornaments on this helmet kind of reminds me the "sutton hoo helmet". Look for it on youtube its fascinating.

Suggested Topics