Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

No, that is also make no sense. That´s why, my theory is more precised, in my opinion. These two bodies were only some Grave robbers in my opinion

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Why would a grave robber hold Bran's Journal Page? This is chronologically the first note, and also the first note most players will find, I think. It was the first I found, as far as I can remember. And, again as far as I can remember, I took this scene to mean that Bran died while searching for treasure. Later, more notes can be found and they tell us more about Bran.

Bran being killed at the temple doing what he has been doing all along - searching for treasure -, in my opinion makes more sense than assuming that some anonymous grave robber somehow gets a hold of Bran's Journal Page, whereas Bran disappears without a trace. I always liked your medallion-theory, but it doesn't explain how Bran got a very expensive medallion, nor does it explain how he died and who buried him. Too many loose ends, when there is a simpler solution.

One way or the other, I still think that there is something to the medallion.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

After quitting and restarting the game, the scene looks like this. Dark hair and yet a different outfit. This is either glitched or random.

undefined

I can't make out what the greenish object should be. It may be a leaf, but in any case it's not important enough to have a more detailed texture (very unlike your medallion).

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@duskdragon56496 I think it was more like 300-400 meters away.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 By the way, starting from the location of the last note, Bran on his way home could have passed Thieves' Warren in two ways, north and south of the camp. The first would have brought him past the hill with the grave with the medallion, the second past the temple.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

The appearance of Bran's brother also continually changes for me, as these screenshots prove. They were taken moments apart, with only a fast travel back and forth in between:

undefined

undefined

You can change a dead man's clothes and dye his hair. But grow a beard? 😉

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

Yes sorry you are right, I had the map zoomed out all the way so it looked closer

• MelArlo
    12 posts

@hroozenbeek Where is this medallion you guys are talking about?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@melarlo It's on a hilltop a little bit to the east of Thieves' Warren. Just go uphill from the fast travel point close by. You'll see a grave marked by a cross. You'll notice a skull and, if you look closely, a small shiny object. You can zoom into the object with Photo Mode and then you'll see that it is a finely detailed medallion on a necklace. I didn't find it by myself; @Tchester1980 shared this amazing discovery with us. We don't know (yet) why it's there. Could be an easter egg, could be something more.

undefined

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

The medallion up close:

undefined

• MelArlo
    12 posts

@hroozenbeek Found it thanks! That was a nice catch @Tchester1980

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Final remark for tonight: I don't think there are (remains of) two bodies at the temple. There is a single victim, who lost both an arm and a leg in an attack, probably by lynxes. In my game at least the corpse is just a random dead body: random clothes, random hair, etc., and occasionally with severed limbs, or even decapitated. The severed arm and the severed leg themselves, however, do not change. They are always in the scene, as is the blood trail leading from the dig site with the shovel, past the severed arm holding Bran's first note, past the severed leg, and finally up to the tree with the corpse.

The fact that the corpse is just a random dead body in my game, doesn't mean this can't be Bran's. The corpse at the farm, who we think is Bran's brother Dafydd, shares the same random appearance, again at least in my game. It can go either way, but at the moment, without further evidence, I think that the most logical (and simplest) solution is that it was Bran who was killed at the temple. In both scenarios, we don't know (as far as I am aware) who or what killed Bran's brother.

• TheeElf
    264 posts

@hroozenbeek The medallion has been discussed by a few and was mentioned in the Access the Animus video from a few days ago:

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@theeelf Yes, I know, although I have been too busy in and out of the game to watch the video yet. I didn't mean to imply that it is something new.

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@hroozenbeek Bran's brother isn't dead, merely passed out from all the alcohol he consumed... I thought he was a corpse too, until I did "something" (stepped on him maybe) that woke him up. He got up, lied down again and went back to sleep (there was no prompt to interact with him even while he was standing up though).

And, after re-reading the pages, from their content, the page found near the arm was most likely written first, then the one by the Bureau and finally the one up north... It's the only order which really makes sense IMHO. So it'd be quite strange if the corpse by the tree was indeed Bran's...

And I also doubt that the tomb with the medallion is Bran's because the page lying by his brother states he's been gone for 3 days, hardly enough time for his corpse to turn skeletal...

I know the game is buggy enough that it wouldn't surprise me that much if a supposedly dead character standing up and going back to "sleep" was merely another bug, so maybe Bran's brother is indeed supposed to be dead. But finding Bran's corpse by the page which was clearly written first during his explorations makes so little sense, I highly doubt that corpse is his...

• MissM16
    213 posts

The more thought I give this based on the evidence (or lack thereof) we have, the more inclined I am to think the simplest answer is the correct one. That being the runes are merely symbolic of "Odin is with us"

Having said that, maybe the changing bodies from one minute to the next (in Bran's story) are an... illusion. Could be connected to the runes further deepening this mystery.

Anyway, I'm not ready to give up searching for more runes yet because we at least solved one mystery taking on this venture: We found a use for the bird. 😂

Also, I have to admit I've never had more fun looking at rocks lol I'm gonna set random markers on my map and let fate decide which rocks to look at next.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

Maybe someone of you or us could be right ore the mystery of Bran is so confused and worst, that the solution of it is not in the game and just a mystical.
    In my theory, you absolutely have right, who will bury his victim after robbery which such a detailed and maybe precious medallion? No robber or Bandit will do that, right!
    The bodies and also the one at the farm (maybe Daffyd) are also for me absolutely random. Each time I fast travel and come back, their body skins changed to another (but it´s stay as male, no female!).
    I can confirm that the guy on the farm is so tired, he went back to sleep each time after running over him! Drunken?

I double checked again my screenshots from the letters and read them all again, again and again going in detail of each word.
    Due to the fact, that the letter on the bath house next to the waterfall is more detailed in description and also included all treasures which Bran knows, I have to rethink my theory and rearrange it.

1.) Letter No. 1 on the bath house next to the waterfall with these lynx and death bodies
    2.) Letter No. 2 found on the roman ruins next to the assassin´s office in the Forest of Denu
    3.) Letter No. 3 on the roman ruins close to Thieves Warren (north-east of it)

The grave on the hill with the necklace / medallion is maybe not connected to this adventures because @nash_trickster may be right. Within 3 days, no body will so quick decompose that only a skull bone will be left!
    That´s right and this is absolutely clear to see for all of us.
    We have maybe to break away this theory, that this are the remains of Bran!

There is one clue, which we have not analyzed at the moment:
    The skull was buried facing to the east, absolute exactly (not the necklace / medallion, this is a little bit shifted).

undefined

Open points:

• Does this skull facing to the East will lead us to something?
    • Who were these bodies laying death and partially fragmented on the bath house at Glowecestre?

I don´t know....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@nash_trickster It certainly would make sense that Bran's brother is just passed out. There are a lot of bottles lying around there. It certainly crossed my mind, but I have never seen a sign of life from him. This would explain this part of the riddle. Thanks!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 There certainly is the possibility that the game is supposed to leave you guessing about what befell Bran. That would explain why none of our theories can explain all the facts convincingly.

The chronological order of the notes (at least as to the time when they were written) is indeed as you described. I came to the same conclusion yesterday when reviewing the 'evidence'.

It would make sense that Bran wrote note nr. 1 at the start of his search, before he actually set out. The first treasure on his list is that of Belas Knap, so it seems logical that he went there first. It's not far from his home, but to the east, whereas the temple lies to the west. We can't, however, be certain that he actually went to Belas Knap.

It surprises me that Bran's brother knows that he's searching for a cursed mask, whereas Bran apparently only found a lead to the Mask of Janus ("another treasure") during his travels (maybe at Belas Knap, because of the reference in the note there to venturing "onward to worlds unspoken"?). Maybe this just indicates that we should not overthink this Bran-story too much.

The medallion remains an enigma. The orientation of the skull may 'point' to something, that's certainly possible. Is the cross also aligned to the east, or only the skull?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I have also looked into the strange find of a grave with a cross in Jotunheim of all places, somewhere in the middle of nowhere at the edge of the map. (See: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/l9ad9p/found_a_christian_grave_in_jotunheim_what_is_it/) I have found nothing to connect it with the grave on the hilltop. Another easter egg?

undefined

Suggested Topics