Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

• So, we have the standing stones @Devil´s Quoits checked, runes spotted and it belongs to St. Brendan
    • St. Kenhelm´s Fall checked -> St. Brendan
    • Myrddin´s Cave not finished checked -> Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon
    • Excalibur rom not checked -> open
    • other standing stone areas not checked -> open

And now, just a word game:

Name: Brendan
    Shortname: Bren
    -------------------------------
    Name Bran
    Longname: Brandon

any parallels due to translation issues over the time.... ?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 Well, that is a nice parallel. Maybe...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@hroozenbeek

I will check later some other standing stones, beginning from south west (left side) and go up to North straight
    Someone can check middle from south to north
    Another one can check from south east (right) to north

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

A follow-up on my translation of the Brendan-text, just to be complete and exact. Nothing new here.

As we know, the text reads: BRENAIN MAQI FINLUGI MUCOI ALTI

BRENAIN = old Irish for Brendan
    MAQI FINLUGI = son of Finnlug
    MUCOI ALTI = of the tribe Alt(raige)

This precise text (X maqi Y mucoi Z = X son of Y of the tribe Z) is very common for (real) Ogham inscriptions, as I've read. Nicely done by Ubisoft!

In the old texts, Saint Brendan was often called "Brénainn moccu Alti" or something like that, but we know him as Brendan of Clonfert. Clonfert (Galway, Ireland) was one of the monasteries he founded, and the one where he was buried.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@tchester1980 I believe @pascalpalace has already checked all the standing stones. He suggested that they all had the (same) Brendan-text, but in a previous post I asked him to confirm that.

• pascalpalace
    42 posts

@hroozenbeek yes ! They all have the same Brendan Text !

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

Still at it huh ? Got to hand it to you two (hroosenbeek, Tchester) Noone can say you didn't give this mystery 10,000 per cent and investigate every possible lead, very admirable!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@duskdragon56496 Thank you! We're just trying to cover up the fact that we have no idea how to solve the runes mystery. 😉

• DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

I believe everyones done the best they can with what little there was to work with, A lot of people came together to try and solve a very difficult mystery, you two kept them coming back and kept them inspired with new ideas, it's not always important the answer is found, what;s important is you succeeded in doing what Ubisoft couldn't, keeping people interested in a game that was dying early, and Asgardian too for making the thread...you were more than successful in what you found, some real unity from all over the world, you should be proud of that!

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

As far as the Bran/Brendan "name play" is concerned, I'll just point to another even more direct one:

Brendan, son of Finnlug --- Lug the Polymath (the Isu who left a stele in Myrddin's Cave which says, once translated "In war and in love there is only one goal; The search for a better future.")

Probably not much to do with anything, but it crossed my mind...

========
    And as long as we're looking into names:

While looking into the names of the places we've visited in Glowecestrescire to try and solve this, I couldn't help but notice that the Assassin's office (and page#2) are within the Temple of Ceres, the roman equivalant of Greek Demeter, who's the mother of Persephone, known as Proserpina to the romans and whose common representation is a woman holding a bowl (just like the very common asset used in the game)...

Probably not much here either, but just for the sake of completion, I thought I'd share...

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@nash_trickster Thanks for this!

Lug(h) is one of the most prominent Celtic (including Irish) gods, who combined the features of a warrior, a king, and a craftsman. The French city Lyon (Lugdunum in Latin) is named after him. Possibly the -lug in the name of (historical) Brendan's father is derived from the god's name (I don't know), but I don't think this implies there is an in-game connection between Brendan and the Isu Lug. (WILD SPECULATION: In-game, Arthur's death and the placement of Excalibur in Myrddin's Cave took place in Brendan's lifetime. If we go all-out we could postulate that Brendan is a sage of the Isu Lug and that he placed Excalibur there, but there is no evidence for that, as far as I know. There is, however, the fact that both the Arthur-inscription and the Brendan-inscriptions are, as far as we know, the only Irish texts using the Ogham alphabet in the game.)

I don't know why the temple complex in the Forest of Denu is dedicated to Ceres. It corresponds to a historical temple of Nodens at Lydney Park, also in Gloucestershire, as is evidenced by the easter egg of Tolkien's ring. This has always puzzled me. Maybe the developers believed it to be too obvious to call it the Temple of Nodens? The statue of the woman holding a bowl is indeed a common asset in the game. But beyond that, I have no idea.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@duskdragon56496

Thank you very much!
    Yes, of course, we all try a lot of stuff, we worked on these puzzles together with the whole community, but unfortunately we haven't been able to solve it yet.
    And I'm sure if we go ahead and find more clues ingame, we may be able to uncover everything.
    In addition to the Odin's runes, we are also examining the writings around the standing stones and the St. Kenhelm´s Fall, which brought about a remarkable find.

But to put it in your words, yes we have brought people together here in a way that even Ubisoft couldn't do it. This we did here official and for everybody readable, also for Ubisoft 🙂 .
    I am aware of this and am proud of it myself

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Interesting reddit post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AssassinsCreedValhala/comments/ld965v/the_voyage_of_bran_any_ideas_on_the_mystery/

They agreed, Morrigan was an ISU (Celtic Isu) and also his shield is a ISU artefact. They also mentioned about St. Brendan mission to Vinland. Indeed, the original St. Brendan was in mission to Amerika. This is true.
    Maybe there is still a connection between Glowecestre and Vinland?
    What do you think?
    Vinland complete checked without sucess?
    Any runes found there?

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

Any closer to a possible solution yet? I am impressed that you guys keep moving forward 👍

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@asgardian02

Give up? No. This isn´t our plan 🙂
    We have followed severals clues from the runes which we found in Glowecestrescire (right written?!?!?) and found out, that the Monk St. Brendan was here. Like my Odin comic^^
    But currently we lost a little bit the track.
    Could be connected with the DLC´s.. we do not know.
    But, we also translated the runes in the cave of Excalibur and so on.
    Currently, we try to find more clues or runes in different locations.

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

@hroozenbeek

I didn't want to go "too wild" either, but I must admit the idea that Brendan was a Sage did cross my mind...
    Brendan being a Sage, or at the very least of Isu descent, would make sense since, to see the symbols at each Standing Stones, it requires the Isu sense known to us as Odin's Sight/Eagle Vision...
    (Oh, and I checked just because I had to, Finnlug means "Lug the bright".)

For the Temple of Ceres/Demeter, the fact that she's the mother of Proserpina/Persephone, an Isu we met in AC:Odyssey, just seemed funny enough to be worth mentionning.
    Nodens being the King of the realm of the Dead, he could be Hades, yet another we've already met in Odyssey...
    And if the theory that Aletheia is none other than the Jotun (whose name eludes me right now) with whom Loki fathered Fenrir, then the Jotuns are the Greek Gods.

Like I said, I don't think there's much to find following these avenues, but I just felt like sharing...

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

Wow, it's amazing how you bring that together. I think you could be absolutely right about many points.
    But where does that lead us now?

• nash_trickster
    44 posts

Different post for an unrelated comment...

When leaving the Roman ruins North of Belas Knap via the North-eastern road, after a short while you get a prompt to hit "R3" (on PS) which tilts the camera towards the 2 peaks in the distance... Could it be the next destination we need to go to?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

Only one question what comes in my mind, please share your opinion:

Have you ever asked yourself why we can see or have we found the runes? Eivor is Odin and therefore a descent from the ISU. Only Odin knows where he has hidden the runes and only he can see them. If these runes now represent a protection, then they still have no meaning for us as players, or what do you think?

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@nash_trickster

I was there to check that but I did not found these panorama spot! Now I will check again to see what is exactly behind this view!

Suggested Topics